Sign in to follow this  
mattsilvia

Pads for S15?

132 members have voted

1. 1. Brake Pads for S15

Upgraded Rotors and Fluid now just need the pads to keep up with it.

Street driven with occasional tracking ( Circuit time attack once or twice a month)

Cheers all

Wow just realised that myself

Fixed

It may be a giveaway i'm leaning towards the A1RM :)

Bendix ultimate make a lot of dust, On my second set of them will be going for something different next time

Bendix ultimate make a lot of dust, On my second set of them will be going for something different next time

Yeh mate have tried them as well as the base model QFM's and dust galore

what about project mu ? dusty ?

Not sure mate as never tried them

same here aswell! my last were Bendix ultimate, dust galore.. not good!

I'd assume that the more aggresive the pad the more dust although not sure with the Mu's.

A sacrifice that may have to be made for quality braking :(

Bendix ultimate are shit! On the street I run the qfm hpx pads they are awesome!

im running the version before the A1RMs n they're sick for street....woteva they're called :D

I use the Mu HC+, dusty as. If you use the car as streeter, don't get the racing pad from Project Mu. They are great in the track but leave a lot of dust on your wheels.

If I have to get a new pad I will get the the NS version (I assume this is less dust compare to HC+)

EBC Red Stuff, use them on my car and they work a treat. Have a spare set sitting here if you decide to go with them.

^^ how about the brake dust? does it produce heaps of dust or ok?

if you're tracking, who gives a toss about brake dust?

it comes off with a rinse or a wipe no worries. if you're just tracking once a month or less or hills driving only every now and then, just get a street pad if you're a softy and can't handle a bit of brake dust.

I use the Mu HC+, dusty as. If you use the car as streeter, don't get the racing pad from Project Mu. They are great in the track but leave a lot of dust on your wheels.

If I have to get a new pad I will get the the NS version (I assume this is less dust compare to HC+)

and the HC+ are noisy as when cold. hot performance is awesome and they are a great pad, but they squeal on the street

^^ how about the brake dust? does it produce heaps of dust or ok?

They are actually not that bad, least dust I have seen from any of the previous pads I have used (I have been racing for a long time) and the performance is great. The other good thing is, the handbreak still works with these pads due to the dual locater pins on the rears, something a lot of aftermarket items don't have.

are the QMF AR1s noisy at all? im leaning towards these also cause i have read the reviews but then again some people recon they will chew through ur rotors if they arnt warmed up properly

They dont make any noise. i used mine with stock rotors and didn't wear them down excessively with daily driving - barely warm.

not much dust either :shades:

Yeh I'm running the base model QFM's atm.

They dont dust to much, but can squeal when cold and cant really hold up to track situations

hence the upgrade.

EBC Green Stuff

One below Red Stuff which I think is a bit overkill for a street car.

EBC Green Stuff

One below Red Stuff which I think is a bit overkill for a street car.

I'd lean towards red stuff as track will be getting hit up

if you're tracking, who gives a toss about brake dust?

it comes off with a rinse or a wipe no worries. if you're just tracking once a month or less or hills driving only every now and then, just get a street pad if you're a softy and can't handle a bit of brake dust.

lol it's not because I am afraid of brake dust, if you don't clean them regularly the dust sticks to your wheels and it's stays there. black spots, specially if you have Volks or expensive rims...

but if you running cheap wheels... who give a toss about the rims. but that just me.

and the HC+ are noisy as when cold. hot performance is awesome and they are a great pad, but they squeal on the street

yupe they do but awesome on track

+1 for EBC redstuff i have them front and rear on my s14.

They seem really dusty but i have white wheels so it makes it alot worse then it really is, but they are a ceramic compound and the shit just washes off without staining the wheels.

Find them ok for street use and are excellent once they get a bit of heat in them.

qfm for best bang for buck.

endless cc-x were great when warmed up but chewed my rotors.... the cc-x were better than the qfm but i cant be farked paying over $350 for front pads alone....

Also thought i should add i got my ebc redstuff from jdm obsession, highly recomend! prices were great and had them in a few days.

+1