Sign in to follow this  
Havocwreaker

Gym Buddies

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you workout with a buddy?

^i fully agree with the abve comment, pairs are alright but big groups are especially annoying, they take too long while ur thinkin when r they gonna be done n then even if u leave ur stuf there they ignore u cos their with their mates. on the other had if their alone they shut up and get off it as soon as u want it.

I always train alone with my Ipod as I want to be focused at the task at hand. I am pretty anti-social at the gym actually. :lol:

Too many ppl come to gym do fark all and chat hog machines when they rock up with 5 mates taking turns ...farks me off

^^

these!

So fkn true!

Although i have a feeling being anti-social isn't all me..i must look like such a tool..scrawny white guy, no tan, struggling to lift any form of decent weight..while all these other muscle clad mofos are lifting 4 times what i could ever do..but hey..i have fun

I've recently started gym up again with my female roommate/friend. We do similar exercises/machines but don't wait around for each other, just do a different exercise. We're always going and so we work out together just as effectively as alone and we have someone to talk to on the drive there and back lol. We use the bikes at the beginning of every session so get the conversations out of the way there. Besides that she pushes me because I know i'd feel like a soft cock if i didn't finish my reps and she did, so it works out :D

I find that having a buddy keeps me motivated to keep going to the gym and also I find that we motivate eachother to push out that last rep!

i train by myself. stay focused, dont talk shitt, quicker workout. just cant push as more because im lacking someone to spot me on my heavy sets

on and off...

better sessions with one quicker without.

:)

the thing that i have found from previous experience when working out with a buddy is

1) you either have him there to spot you and provide you with that movitation to push yourself and get that last rep out

or

2) you spend the entire session chatting away in the gym and the workout takes twice as long

sometimes i prefer to workout by myself, mainly on days where i dont really need a spotter, but chest day really i need my mate, however he's really inconsistent with times due to work etc