Sign in to follow this  
Big Mitch

Getting back into fitness!

Sup kents.

I've decided to get my ass back into gear and start training and get fit again.

I used to train every single day about two and a half years back, but basically have become a slack bastard over time. I was at 86kg and 8% BF back then. I'm now 106kg and I'd estimate my BF to be around 15-18%.

I'm 191cm tall. Basically this week I'm going to do nothing but cardio to get some of the shit out of my body and get used to having my heart rate above 160 BPM again. However, I've been out of the game too long now and my brain has melted from drinking/other activities, and cannot remember all the nutrition, protein and other supplements and what not I used to be on.

I'm basically wanting to cut down a little (maybe to 12% BF) and start bulking up from there.

Any help with some good supplements and new work outs would be good. Oh, and some motivation to pull me through!

Cheers,

Mitch.

Compound lifts. Squat your ass off!

Keep up the cardio too, great for weight loss but no point being strong if you cant run 200 metres!

As for supps keep it simple mate. get a good post workout protein (something like Optimum nutrition gold std whey), pre-workout if you feel it helps (Jack3d, n.o.xplod, quake etc)

Best of luck with the training mate. i'm sure others will go into far more detail than me

Forget cardio only, you'll lose as much money as fat. BAD IDEA

search for PTC beginners program, do it 3 times a week

4-6 small meals per day, protein source (chicken, tuna, beef, etc) and either salad or veggies each meal. Some oats in the morning. Drop the booze, junk food and processed shit.

Do cardio occasionally if you want to.

Forget cardio only, you'll lose as much money as fat. BAD IDEA

search for PTC beginners program, do it 3 times a week

4-6 small meals per day, protein source (chicken, tuna, beef, etc) and either salad or veggies each meal. Some oats in the morning. Drop the booze, junk food and processed shit.

Do cardio occasionally if you want to.

+1 was thinking the same thing!

If you were 86kg at 8% and are now 106 at 15-18% means you have either put on 10kgs of muscle sinse you stopped training or you are really around the 25% mark.