Sign in to follow this  
GTS-t

CEO of worlds largest hedge fund made announcement today

They talk about 500,000 more jobs. But over a million will be lost if not more if our dollar gets to $1.70 US. Because Australain Tourism will be non-existant by then. Hell right now our Tourism Industry is suffering badly.

Not just tourism mate. You would have to be absolutely nuts to buy anything that is made here. Even with the dollar where it is now, its just bad business to buy Australian made.

For the last 12 months every factory/manufacturer/producer etc etc has been downsizing to try and prevent shutting down. The government therefore is yet to see the impact of mass unemployment because businesses have been doing their best to stay afloat. However, downsizing/cost cutting and reducing profits is only a temporary fix you put in place hoping things will turn around after 12months. Well the 12months are up and it just getting worse.

I wish I had some cash, theres gonna be cheap cars, land, up for sale by people trying prevent going bankrupt! Right now my best mate is in this situation. Has his house up for sale asking less than what he paid 2yrs ago.... not even a nibble...

hey guys i gots a great job around the 80k a year and really easy to boot.

i work in a detention centre with all the boat people.

mate there is that much work here we pay people to train for the job.

only issuse is the remote locations are the only ones short people.

so if you wanna travel give it a look up

20 years and Aust. is f**ked, can't rely on mining forever, it's called a bannana republic for a reason and we are quickly becoming one.

I've worked in a manufacturing/production/factory type of evironment all my life, bugger if I know what I'm gonna do.

Skill up in the areas lacking people. IT, Building, Health to name but a few.

Because IT with never go offshore ;)

im hoping for more jobs and better pay in the Marine biological sciences field, but that aint gonna happen. 4 years study, big hecs debt to pay and only seeing jobs paying 40k a year.. good choice ;)

for the love of the job right......

i know i should have transfered into petroleum exploration. thats where the cash is

Yeh the newspaper said jobs like internet/telemarketing and that kind of stuff will all fall down as companies will just outsource and/or switch to automation. However i see SOOOOO many telemarketing sales jobs available on seek and in the careers section of the paper.

But yeh anything that can have or has an automated component involved in the work, expect to lose the job. They said automation (with rapidly advancing technology) will replace a large chunk of the workforce in the next 20-30 years. So there will be many jobs at the low-skill level end, and many jobs at the high-skill level end according to this article but the middle stuff will be automated mostly??? Eh...

hey guys i gots a great job around the 80k a year and really easy to boot.

i work in a detention centre with all the boat people.

mate there is that much work here we pay people to train for the job.

only issuse is the remote locations are the only ones short people.

so if you wanna travel give it a look up

Where and how do you apply? I'm interested.

www.serco-ap.com.au

client service officer/worker is the job tittle look in all states.