Sign in to follow this  
_OSIRIS

ADGP calder park drifting

hey guys, alot of you probably know this but thought id post it up anyway, the australian drifting grand prix (ADGP) is launching this year. this is the new DA, but it will be run better and by a completely different company.

Now, the launch for the event is at calder park. yes clader has allowed drifting at the track. after undergoing many meetings with calder staff myself in regards to bring drifting back to calder park, the verdict of every meeting is "there is not enough support/spectators" for drifting. and regardless of how often i told them this was incorrect, actions speak louder than words.

now even if you dont plan on entering the event, i thought id post this here to try and really get everyone revved up to hit up this event. lets really show them how many spectators drifting can pull, and that it is a supported and loved motorsport.

heres the facebook link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Australian-Drifting-Grand-Prix/130627427010085

please lets not turn this into a "it wont happen" shit fight. but lets really get behind the guys at ADGP to throw a wicked event.

cheers

haha. not enough spectators??? last drift attack crowd (2010) was larger than what they get at a V8 Super Car weekend. And who cares about spectators. its about the drivers. practice days its not the royal melbourne show ffs...If they didnt charge so much people would attend more...been what almost 4 years since a drift day was held at Calder Park. Wonder if any of those idiots have been to Winton and seen how many people make the 2.5hour trek to watch/compete/practice at winton. Idiots dont realise how many more people they would get at Calder... :rolleyes: including spectators...

anyways. i'll be at the Aust Drift GP and so will the rest of the Primal Crew.. Now just got to finish building the car and get it tested and ready.... Bring on September!! :thumbsup:

trust me neil, its like preaching to a brick wall. i attended a few of their other events, one of them being a drag day, i swear to u it didnt even pull a hundred people. at the end of the day, they want the money and the spectators is what makes it for them. i have a feeling that if we can make this event huge, we might be able to get vicdrift a few days at calder for 2012.

VicDrift is really excited about ADGP being able to bring drift back to Calder Park

We support this 100% and wish it every bit of success and want to see more events at more venues

We will do every bit to ensure this event goes well

No doubt this event will be huge. Its a Drift Event held close to the city. That alone is pull enough to attract a big audience.

spectators are so important you think the drivers will pay for the hiring of the track and all the costs involved ?

100 % support pm me if you need corporate sponsorship and we can have a chat

Athid talk to Amy Boatwright or Andrew Hawkings theyre the ones behind this.

haha. not enough spectators??? last drift attack crowd (2010) was larger than what they get at a V8 Super Car weekend. And who cares about spectators. its about the drivers. practice days its not the royal melbourne show ffs...If they didnt charge so much people would attend more...been what almost 4 years since a drift day was held at Calder Park. Wonder if any of those idiots have been to Winton and seen how many people make the 2.5hour trek to watch/compete/practice at winton. Idiots dont realise how many more people they would get at Calder... :rolleyes: including spectators...

anyways. i'll be at the Aust Drift GP and so will the rest of the Primal Crew.. Now just got to finish building the car and get it tested and ready.... Bring on September!! :thumbsup:

um are you sure? i go to the supercars @ winton most years and well the place is full so not sure what your on about..... 09 attendance was over 60,000 over 3 days, 10 seemed fairly busy too... the vip area had more in it than ive seen at any drift event..

new calder drift is not at calder the track but @ calder the dome... and well it i reckon the track sucks.. i will make the treck over though as i want to support ADGP.

Calder the track and calder the dome are right next to each other in the same complex :thumbsup:

um are you sure? i go to the supercars @ winton most years and well the place is full so not sure what your on about..... 09 attendance was over 60,000 over 3 days, 10 seemed fairly busy too... the vip area had more in it than ive seen at any drift event..

new calder drift is not at calder the track but @ calder the dome... and well it i reckon the track sucks.. i will make the treck over though as i want to support ADGP.

Calder the track and calder the dome are right next to each other in the same complex :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MiVjitccnE

spoilt for choice!!

Look up Nigel Petrie testing for andrew hawkins a couple of months ago. it is not the calder park circuit track being used its the thunderdome for this event so i hope they break it up on the straights as you would need some balls to the wall to get round those big long banked turns in the dome.

Look up Nigel Petrie testing for andrew hawkins a couple of months ago. it is not the calder park circuit track being used its the thunderdome for this event so i hope they break it up on the straights as you would need some balls to the wall to get round those big long banked turns in the dome.

we already know its the dome :rolleyes:

well judging by some of the reactions in here its like you dunno if your shitting or pissing. ha :)

well judging by some of the reactions in here its like you dunno if your shitting or pissing. ha :)

Thanks your input, it's always welcome.

I wouldn't go and drive at a drift event with one corner if that's how it will be setup like the vid of Nigel. I hope they have a different layout planned for the track. I suppose somethings better than nothing though...

Well you seen my vid of me in the ceffy in the Thunderdome, it was boring..

Well that's good then, I will probably turn up then :P

Thats got nothing to do with ADGP, its already been said that its not the track layout..

The videos from a Insane Drifters day.. from like a year ago now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTFyFEtVXL0

Correct. All the vids from the dome are from a test day with the now gone DA owner.

Andrew already has a layout in mind, which wil be different to these.

There should be some more info about it in a few weeks, once he does some more testing out there.

So everyone should settle down about if they will or wont like a track that doesnt even exist yet.

Just get excited cause you dont have to drive 2.5 hours to watch or drive in a drift event!!!

Just get excited cause you dont have to drive 2.5 hours to watch or drive in a drift event!!!

i still do :lol: better than the 5+ hours to winton though

Cant wait and i cant until we get days or afternoon practice back there. would be great 10mins to the track hell yeh!

Cant wait and i cant until we get days or afternoon practice back there. would be great 10mins to the track hell yeh!

exactly man, can actually spend a saturday there, and STILL go out and get messy on the town beacause ur not ruined from driving 6 hours for an 2-3 hours track time if that.

"WheelTech are really excited about our association with ADGP, Drift is coming back to Melbourne and we are there, our association with Nigel Petrie, Victorian ambassador for ADGP in his Federal Tyre’s/Wheeltech sponsored 180sx, made this a good fit all round, many drifters will already know us from other events, those who haven’t dealt with us before, they will echo the call of many interstate and local drifters that Wheeltech’s experience is second to none, Wheeltech can also help with pre event wheel and tyre preparation and the logistics of getting them to the track”