Sign in to follow this  
YunG<>BuK

euro cars reliable?

hey guys thinking about making the move over to euro cars maybe bmw 318is or audi not sure which audi to get...budget probably under 9k not sure yet....just wondering how reliable are they? I do a lot of driving for work need to be reliable and good on petrol and is servicing really expensive?

thanks guys

reliable Toyota wins hands down

They are just as reliable as any car, if you look after it well then it will treat you well as well. The only thing is that when things go wrong it will cost you a lot more with a bmw compared to a Toyota for example.. Plenty of people I know have had a whole range of problems with their euro cars, even pretty much brand new ones.

On a side note 318's are pretty gutless as well

Go BMW, they are awesome, have had 5 of them myself.

For 9k these days you should be able to get a 6 cylinder e46 like a 320, 323 or 328. If u can find a manual grab it!! E46 are great.. Even an e36 328 manual coupe maybe.. In terms of ride and interior finish it's much better than jap stuff and the 6 cylinders perform really well.. You will enjoy... Parts easy to get.. From memory parramatta prestige were very cheap..

Forgot to say I had hardly any problems and have owned e30, 320, 323, 325... E36 320, 328.. No more expensive on parts than a jap car if you know where to look but I did find I paid a lot more for labour because I went to specialized BMW workshops like ALS and Bavaria cars.

Such a fag....

Once this is over you will wish you got a 4x4. Imo you are going to smash through k's with work so just keep a shitter for work and a move weekender.

(ben smashed a train stop lol)

Such a fag....

Once this is over you will wish you got a 4x4. Imo you are going to smash through k's with work so just keep a shitter for work and a move weekender.

hahah fair go damo....I f**king hate my EF civic with a passion! ben smashed a train stop how the f**k did he do that?

Such a fag....

hahah fair go damo....I f**king hate my EF civic with a passion! ben smashed a train stop how the f**k did he do that?

one tail light one brake light POS...

I used to own e46 325i 2001. It was reliable as any other car. But make sure u check for common problems..

Bmw e46 have many problems with crack subframe, interior trim fell apart, power window motor, blabla...

But, having a european car gives u better protection from theft.. Unlike jap sports car..

I have a 2000 Audi A4 quattro 2.8 V6 that has been super reliable and a top car. I got it with 40,000K on it and I have done over 170,000K now with no breakdowns or issues.

This same car is around $9-12K these days.

I used to own e46 325i 2001. It was reliable as any other car. But make sure u check for common problems..

Bmw e46 have many problems with crack subframe, interior trim fell apart, power window motor, blabla...

But, having a european car gives u better protection from theft.. Unlike jap sports car..

care to elaborate on this "crack subframe"? worked for BMW for 3+ years and NEVER saw a cracked subframe. Just your typical worn out bearings, bushes, oil leaks etc that you would get on any other make of car.

318i :no: The poor mans Bmw. Imo most people Ive known that have owned an aging one are always replacing parts. Doesn't have the same BMW quality as there other cars imo.