Sign in to follow this  
-Truck-

Sexual Chocolate Y31 Cima +++FOR SALE+++ & POS s13

gday fellow ns'ers, i recently made the purchase of a 1988 y31 cima with intentions of turning it into a track only drifter. this was going to be a task as it came out from factory with some funky air ride suspension which as you would suspect is useless for drift.

i went to look at the car thinking it was a rolling shell, but luckly the previous owner was yet to remove the previous running gear so i managed to score it with a rb20+box that actually drove and was lucky enough to have a professionally built weld in cage already in it and jic coils in the rear.

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG.

Edited by -Truck-

ahh sweet you bough this :)

couple of peeps in SYd including me wanted it :P

haha yeah, i got in quick, had a deposit on it the day after the ad was posted :D

**added shit from first post to here**

the car came with somewhat of a mystery turbo, looked friggen massive so i searched for some serial numbers/markings to try to identify it. funnily enough it turned out to be a Caterpillar turbo off a truck :lol:

after this discovery i decided it was worth pulling the engine and box to freshen things up a little.

so once it was out the parts removed to inspect and make any necessary repairs

first and most obvious was the tailshaft which was some what of a bodge job from the rb20 conversion

otherside, not so good. not to mention it was also out of square so it will have to be redone and balanced so i dont cop a tailshaft through the floor :lol:

next it was the truck turbos turn to come off, surprising came off pretty easily

since the clutch was also unknown i took the box off to see if it needed replacing or if it was up to scratch and found this

lol'd solidly at 'hks drift' written on it texta yet it lacks the hks stamp :lol:

so the clutch still remains unknown as to its true identity so if anyone has a clue dont hesitate to speak up

so, from now i have a preeeeeetty large list of goodies to purchase and install to hopefully make mallala matsuri and maybe a practice session beforehand

IMG_0015.JPGIMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0022.JPG

IMG_0021.JPGIMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0030.JPGIMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

are you going to keep the VIP style? jump on ausvip for some info if your interested, should get some LED lights..

i just signed up to the forum the other day actually, and ill keep it vip as long as the body kit can be kept in usable condition :lol:

If this came up for sale 4 months ago i would have grabbed this.

Good score man! Do amazing things with it please!

since you asked nicley...haha

definatley no kid dynamite mods for me tongue.gif

if my car turns out the be half as good as yours ill be super happy

had a closer look at the clutch, turns out to be RPM

unsure of specific model, will update when i find it

i was looking at gettin this as well. good luck with it, im sure it will turn out epic.

im hoping we can fit up rear seats and have a full car load at the matsuri still hahaha

and might be able to hook you up something tailshaft wise to man.

love you long time if you can dan wub.gif

im hoping we can fit up rear seats and have a full car load at the matsuri still hahaha

and might be able to hook you up something tailshaft wise to man.

Dan it aint gonna happen haha,

1: there is a bar accross the back seat

2: the cage comes right infront of the passengers if the get slammed forward its straight into the cage :lol:

this car needs a name, something to do with unknown because of all the random parts

Dan it aint gonna happen haha,

1: there is a bar accross the back seat

2: the cage comes right infront of the passengers if the get slammed forward its straight into the cage :lol:

2 bride seats in the back and harnesses to hold them tight and she'll be right. hahahahaha

and ill see if i can still get cheapish 1 piece shafts made up. although maybe a normal rb20 one will fit?

The cima shaft and the rb20 shaft are different sizes hence the welding inside the other

this car needs a name, something to do with unknown because of all the random parts

-Truck- ....... Caterpiller turbo. Caterpiller?? laugh.gif

whats plans motor wise? keeping that turbo and RB20?

haha i heard brad sold this! so ur the new owner. i worked with the previous owner for years n years. glad to see it go to sum1 thats gona spend some coin on it. thats a full genuine junction produce kit as well man u got a frikn steal!! that clutch and tailshaft was fkn classic sooo dodgy haha i just wana see it on d track gona look so cool, limo drift ftw!! :D o by the way, we used to call it "THE BIG C" lol

4 door drifting is so gangsta

whats plans motor wise? keeping that turbo and RB20?

i dont think that turbo will be going back on anytime soon, if at all. will probably go a rb25 turbo or something similar to give me enough horses to learn with, but without being too much it will be stupidly hard to drive with (never drifted before :lol: ). but yeah in the long run im looking to stick with the 20 for now, but time will tell.

nice one ....

wheels will make or break this car

wheels will also make or break my wallet hahahaha

haha i heard brad sold this! so ur the new owner. i worked with the previous owner for years n years. glad to see it go to sum1 thats gona spend some coin on it. thats a full genuine junction produce kit as well man u got a frikn steal!! that clutch and tailshaft was fkn classic sooo dodgy haha i just wana see it on d track gona look so cool, limo drift ftw!! :D o by the way, we used to call it "THE BIG C" lol

no idea what actual clutch it is lol?, was thinking the name should be something like Houdini, due to the mystery parts etc

The Cima looks insane as it sits, I wanna see this thread updated very often!

Look, On the Track,

Is it a skyline? Is it a truck? Is it a giant purple flower?

No,

ITS A CIMAPILLAR

Hahahahahahaha I like it

put the turbo back on and rep full window caterpillar stickers

yellow plate generally means rpm, had one on a ke or something, brought back memories and awesome project, so different! plans on wheels?