Sign in to follow this  
Upright

Food matters documentary

Came across this documentary last night called food matters. It's all about adequete nutrition and how the body should be able to heal and protect itself from most diseases if nutrition is correct. Also goes into high dosage levels of vitamins, for example serious diagnosed clinical depression and cancer have been cured by high doses of vitamin c and b but the medical professions (and obviously the drug companies) ignore this evidence. The guys that produced it funded it themselves and theres no crackpots, very professional and very interesting. Personally I think its important to raise the awareness of adequete nutrition and I agree with the documentary that most causes of death in the modern western lifestyle are avoidable. Would like to hear people's thoughts and opinions on this. Also interested if any one has used high dosages of vitamins and if it has worked for them.

http://documentaryhe...m/food-matters/

Also the documentaryheaven website is literally full of other documentaries if anyone has time to spare.

Edited by Upright

lol mate i thought u were another spambot for a second

Downloaded it ages ago but have never gotten around to watching it...I might do some day...

I watched this and have given it to numerous friends and people i know studying nutrition, its just one of those docos i think everyone should see. I got onto it through this part of the forum as it was recommended before. One of the most startling facts for me was i think someone in it found that the average apple in america is frozen and travels 3 or 4000k's?? before reaching its destination, and through travel it loses 40%?? of its nutrition.

Watched it last year. Would recommend it.

I watched this and have given it to numerous friends and people i know studying nutrition, its just one of those docos i think everyone should see. I got onto it through this part of the forum as it was recommended before. One of the most startling facts for me was i think someone in it found that the average apple in america is frozen and travels 3 or 4000k's?? before reaching its destination, and through travel it loses 40%?? of its nutrition.

Yeah that sounds about right. In australia half the apples in supermarkets have been in cold store for up to 18 months (I think some of them use rooms filled with CO2). What's really worrying though is the people who are trying to eat healthy, yet the only food available is lacking nutrients and/or contains dangerous pesticides. Actually annoys me so much, even some of the supposed "organic" food isnt any higher quality at all, so its extremely hard to find pure sources of nutrition. Also australia has one of the most lax food control systems in the world. Pesticides that were banned in third world countries 30 years ago are still used along with many known harmful additives. For example tim tams arent allowed to be brought into the uk at all as they contain an additive that is illegal in almost all developed countries. I think everyone should know about these things because without awareness nothing will change, and in the current age there simply is no alternative to consuming poor quality food.

I'm gonna download this my mrs will love it Shes into all that sort of stuff

stfu kent.

bro for some people what they put into their body is important...

smd yousif, its home grown