Sign in to follow this  
Sprint

Circuit 180sx with 226rwkw running at Calder- 11.82 second pass

Calder park on the 16th of April 2011

Car is set up for sprints with standard motor, cams, 2876r, injectors, front mount and 3 inch exhaust & steam pipe manifold. Simple upgrades. Running MT Street Radial tyres on 15 inch falcon interceptors. Tuned by Advanced Jap Auto in Tottenham

Sash

Very nice ET for the power!

what suspension are you running dude?

Up front I ran the Cusco Zero 2's. On the rears we ran standard shocks with Tien springs. Could have gone a lot softer in the rear, but it was only done to see what the car could do.

Nice times, but standard shocks with springs doesn't real suggest a sprint car. They are actually ideal for drag.

Nice times, but standard shocks with springs doesn't real suggest a sprint car. They are actually ideal for drag.

The car runs Cusco Zero 2's front and rear champ. We swapped the rears out and put in the standard struts, but it had shortened Tien Springs which were a little harder then we had hopped for. Could have gone standard springs in the rear which would have given it a bit more of a squat off the line.

The car is a dedicated track/sprint car and not a drag car.

Yeah I realise that. Running 11's is a great achievement no matter what, but Running 11's with harder, circuit coilovers (in the rear) is even more amazing.

I ran over a second faster in my my old s14 with stock shocks compared to apex coilovers. They just are so much better in getting that rear end grip.

What was your 60foot et?

Yeah I realise that. Running 11's is a great achievement no matter what, but Running 11's with harder, circuit coilovers (in the rear) is even more amazing.

I ran over a second faster in my my old s14 with stock shocks compared to apex coilovers. They just are so much better in getting that rear end grip.

What was your 60foot et?

Car ran 12.66 with full circuit set up. Cusco's right round and Toyo R888 Semi Slicks. Couldn't get power to the ground so it was a bit of a useless exercise.

60 ft was 1.68 with the 11.82 run

Similar results to me. My old s14 ran a 12.8 from memory with a hard drift setup and a 11.7 with stock shocks and lowered king springs.

That's a decent 60ft. Nice work

So basic rule is sell your expensive coilovers.

Get some cheap stock suspension from the wrecker.

Money saved from selling coilover go make engine more powerfull.

Go to drag strip.

Make good times.

Make chicks wet by your awesomeseses.

60 ft was 1.68 with the 11.82 run

thats a massive 60ft

i thought p.j's 1.28 60ft was big

Well driven dude, when I started drag racing my Silvia it hard rock hard springs in the back, the worst possible thing with radials. `

Stiff coilovers are not ideal for grip and launching , I 'm just curious if the hkd drag coilovers are any good , anyone tried them before ??

I'm running HKS hipers in my lancer and stiff suspension seems to work with AWD vehicles, my best 60 ft was 1.53 and that wasn't really a full on launch

Sash's 180sx is now undergoing a freshen up as the old sr20 had been racing for 4 years although its still running although compression is down to 130 psi

this new set up should be pretty potent with the same turbo used to run 10.5 in my lancer with a ball bearing core replacing the older style T series journal core .