Sign in to follow this  
Gurglar

How much protein, carbs and fats

I'm just wondering what the breakdown is for how many carbs, proteins and fats you should be consuming a day is.

Is it 35% protein, 50% fat and 15% carbs for your calorie intake for the day or do people follow something different?

Trying to get my diet completely figured out in the next couple of days.

Also is it still 20 times your bodyweight in pounds to gain weight, 15 to maintain, 10 to lose?

I think i read on T-Nation that you should aim for 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs, however Markos suggests 35%/50%/15%.

And yes.

Also is it still 20 times your bodyweight in pounds to gain weight, 15 to maintain, 10 to lose?

is this a formula to figure out a rough estimation of BMR?

Thanks Kelly do you know the reasoning behind Markos theory?

Nah not really.

At a guess, it would probably be because carbs are the only macro nutrient that your body doesn't need to actually function, whereas you need fats, not to mention carbs play the biggest role in body transformation. The only other thing i could think of is to reduce the physical size of your meals, while getting the same amount of calories, as fats are over twice the calories as carbs and protein per gram.

But like i said, dunno why Markos suggest those. Just taking a stab in the dark.

Don't have enough fats, your body turns to the next best thing which is breaking down muscle.

Being on markos diet, ive lost almost 3'' off my waist while only losing 4kgs of my whole weight

debatable subject, depending on your goals + excersize + number of meals per day + lifestyle and so on...