Sign in to follow this  
manisyndrom

quick question

Hi guys, just a quick one - I'm starting the skinny guy routine and am about to order some protein shake supplies that I will be having 3-4 times a day (along with the other dietary requirements). Does this look like a good choice for a guy needing to gain ALOT of weight?

http://www.vitaminking.com.au/protein-supplements-weight-gain-serious-mass-optimum.html

Cheers

Personally i wouldnt like to be getting 5000 calories per day (1250calories per serving x 4) from shakes like that, i didnt see what the carbs actually were (waxy maize or what) have you figured out what your daily caloric intake should be?

Ive recently started using a weight gainer (once per day, between 600-900 calories depending on what its mixed with) and have stepped up my food intake which has provided good results so far. Im trying to eat a bit over 3500 calories per day and im 6'3 approx 83kg....

Manisyndrom how tall and heavy are you?

If i remember correctly, to roughly work out your BMR, you multiply your body weight in pounds by 15.

Eg. 83kg x 2.2 = 182.6lb x 15 = 2739cal

Are you trying to just gain any kinda weight or do you wanna stay relatively lean as well?

1250cal per serve, which include 252g of carbs is heaps. That equates to 1000g of carbs a day, just from shakes alone. Unless you are doing a LOT of strenuous exercise, to burn the carbs, i can't see how you won't get fat.

hey mate, tried that one first 6 months of training put a lot of calories that werent really needed, ended up trying optimum nutrition hydro whey and im very happy with results and it tastes a lot better too.

Manisyndrom how tall and heavy are you?

If i remember correctly, to roughly work out your BMR, you multiply your body weight in pounds by 15.

Eg. 83kg x 2.2 = 182.6lb x 15 = 2739cal

Are you trying to just gain any kinda weight or do you wanna stay relatively lean as well?

1250cal per serve, which include 252g of carbs is heaps. That equates to 1000g of carbs a day, just from shakes alone. Unless you are doing a LOT of strenuous exercise, to burn the carbs, i can't see how you won't get fat.

Hey mate, I'm pretty thin at the moment ... typical skinny guy and more :) just been paying too much attention to work etc. I weigh 56kg and height is 5ft 11in. So according to the formula, 1848 calories. I havent exactly worked it out yet ... but I'm looking to gain any kind of weight at the moment ... I'll get to getting lean later. I have a wierd metabolism as well, I was eating alot at one stage and still didn't gain weight but obviously wasn't exactly eating the right stuff so to speak. So this time I'm doing it with a bit of focus and need an extra hand with the shakes.

thanks for the quick responses guys - I was just curious as to what shake i need because there's a million different types out there :(

I've never been 'skinny' so maybe I'm missing it, but why the hell would anyone want to put on fat just to weigh more?

Wouldn't you rather put on muscle (albeit more slowly than fat), but stay looking good? unless of course you look malnourished...

firstly, I do look malnourished :) but secondly ... I don't just want to put fat on - but I don't mind a bit of fat (that was the answer to the question posed).

Give it a shot, as i can't see how you couldn't put on weight with that many calories. I'd probably start off with maybe 2 maybe 3 shakes a day first and see how that works for ya, if you're eating properly as well, you really shouldn't need any more than that. Once you get a bit bigger or you still haven't put on weight then increase it.

Btw is that a pic of you in your avatar?