Sign in to follow this  
ryans180sx

S14 front on 180 sx

hey every body,

Ryan Smith here, as you all probably know I had a run in with a vl at the drift festival on Saturday and screwed my front end, i would like to spend a bit more and put and s14 front end on it, I just want information on what is needed to do so and the process of doing it. All help will be much appreciated!

Thank everyone!

Ryan

Its pretty basic i think. Need the obvious stuff (s14 bonnet, lights, front bar) plus front conversion fenders. Pretty sure most aftermarket fenders are s14a type only, and all fiberglass. Usually 20mm or so wider than stock too . . . If your real handy, u can custom up 180 front fenders with s14 ones to keep it all metal, but thatd be pretty tricky. Up to you.

Other than that, just need some custom brackets to hold lights and stuff on I imagine. Im sure if you grabbed all the above stuff youd soon have it figured out anyway, and there is bound to be a thread on here somewhere where someone else has attempted it. good luck!

im sure you guys have seen this but in the members ride section there is a guy doing the same at the moment. he is using a s14 front radiator support panel. which seems to stick in place of the old one easy enough.

this gives you all the headlight brackets.

ive seen people do this before but cant think what way they were doing it.

by the way it will look grate regardless. the old bride 180 with the s14 front was probably my favorite car in d1 for quite some time.

Oh and while i think of it, i 'think' u may need to use the 180 bonnet hinges with the s14 bonnet? or something like that. I guess dont sell any old parts till ya conversion is done, then you'll know what you dont need anymore :P

talk to the owner of IDA180 on here, hes got probably the nicest example of an s14 front on a 180 ive seen

aye talk to tom hamilton, he just put a 180 front on his s14.. he would surely know..

spewin i got some S13.4 conversion guards for sale aswell.....keen on local sale atm...

PM me if neone is keen

s14 front looks heaps better than s15 front on 180's too

Yeah, I was going to suggest going an S14 rad support panel. Makes the whole headlights thing so much easier.

Thanks heaps everybody,

i hope it all goes well, ive now got head light sussed should get sent tomorrow still aranging guards n bonnet and bumper, so im after series 2 luxury front bar, conversion guards and a bonnet of some sort.

go zenki series 1, then i have bonnet and a guard and a headlight, there partners are in the hills somewhere still :lol:

word from ryan all parts sourced except

Need s14a bonnet and rad support if anyone can help let us know

i have the whole middle section of 14 rad support, as i dont run one with the 1j,

so i have bonnet latcher and headlight braces and yeah the whole middle section

Does anyone know Stacey James?..She's got the campaign 180 with s14 front end, Maybe you could ask her how she did it?