Sign in to follow this  
Import S13

What bank are you with?

should get a poll going.

i'm with comm bank, havent had an issues so far.

should get a poll going.

If there's a poll, there it should be setup with a good/bad for each bank... I'd imagine there's a lot more people with NAB than a smaller credit union, for example.

BankSA if you're in South Australia or St. George Bank if you're interstate.

I used to be with Commbank but moved to BankSA a while back and recently got a job there :) . They put so much emphasis on customer service and on constantly improving products. Some other banks might have a better rate on a product but BSA is great for a full banking package.

should get a poll going.

Done :D

Problems with going with tiny banks like George/Bendigo is the need to find ATM's, main reason i have a card on CBA & NAB, they have so many atm's!

I generally withdraw a few times a week, easily would stack upto $10+ a week in using the wrong atm fees!

I find it rather annoying when your mate wants to withdraw cash but he won't use the ATM right next to him, instead he'll walk for 5 minutes to save a measly 2 bucks. 2 bucks every few weeks is f**k all for convenience.

yo banky people,

I have a credit card with bank A @ 12.9%pa interest rate.

Bank A & Bank B are currently running a 2% interest rate for the first 12months on all balance transfers.

Is there anything stopping me from doing balance transfer to Bank B, then doing a balance transfer back to Bank A, so effectively for the next 12 months the interest rate on my CC is only 2% etc?

*I would like to stay with Bank A which is why the stuff around transferring away and then back to, or do you reckon it would be worth a shot speaking to the manager and saying I'm thinking about doing a balance transfer to another bank because they are offering 2% for 12 months, can you match this? - and what do you reckon the chances of that happening are?

yo banky people,

I have a credit card with bank A @ 12.9%pa interest rate.

Bank A & Bank B are currently running a 2% interest rate for the first 12months on all balance transfers.

Is there anything stopping me from doing balance transfer to Bank B, then doing a balance transfer back to Bank A, so effectively for the next 12 months the interest rate on my CC is only 2% etc?

*I would like to stay with Bank A which is why the stuff around transferring away and then back to, or do you reckon it would be worth a shot speaking to the manager and saying I'm thinking about doing a balance transfer to another bank because they are offering 2% for 12 months, can you match this? - and what do you reckon the chances of that happening are?

You would need to get a credit approval for both moves with the respective banks, that is basically all you'd have to do to swap em back and forth. Each time you apply for a loan it gets recorded on your credit file, if you have two many hits within a small time fram lenders will run a mile... Note im talking about 5-6 over 3-4 months

The manager won't be able to arrange for the 2% very easily... At westpac the manager can approve $1000 in fee refunds.... because the ccs involve another department you have to follow the rules... No reason not to try it on though, they might have a mate at ccs... All it would be is opening a new cc with Bank A and loading the code for balance transfer...

It depends on what you are after.

I'm with NAB and I like them, their service seems good and their accounts have very litte/no fees. I just want a basic bank to put my savings in as I never leave much money just sitting in the bank anyway, so it suits me.

Problems with going with tiny banks like George/Bendigo is the need to find ATM's, main reason i have a card on CBA & NAB, they have so many atm's!

I generally withdraw a few times a week, easily would stack upto $10+ a week in using the wrong atm fees!

Not true.... People with St George or BankSA can use any St George, BankSA and Westpac ATM without being charged a fee... That's definately the biggest ATM network in South Aus.

...and Australian Central can use NAB.

I caught the end of a story on the news tonight about Australian Central/Savings & Loans... Apparently some systems f**ked up this week... Which is why the customer service was so bad... I guess because they had a huge influx of calls.

But even the face to face service has been shit. They must be well and truely f**ked as my consultent can't even keep track of our meetings.

Called me at 1:30 to come in. Got there at 2 and she had left.

Have had meetings with comm. bank and BankSA and they are both trying to beat ACSL offers so will see what they come up with by Monday.

Common wealth but came to the conclusion they are a bunch of stealing greedy pricks been charging me for over two years for something I should be charged for but only found out today and two can not refund me *milkshakes* :(

Mates mum was (not sure if still is after merger) in charge of customer service at Savings & loans SA, might have a chat next time i drop round there.

They were utter *milkshakes* to me on the phone when their online banking went down on site change.

Trying to tell me refreshing the browser would fix the problem, even though it hadnt worked for days on multiple PC's at different places.

Got me nice and riled up when the call center attendant questioned me when i told him i work in IT, and its not my issue.

Next day called up and the attendant apologised and said they were working to rectify it.

Dislike.

commbank only for net banking...

westpac otherwise... whenever I want to use net banking just transfer a bit of cash to my net bank account and BOOM!

Got me nice and riled up when the call center attendant questioned me when i told him i work in IT, and its not my issue.

Next day called up and the attendant apologised and said they were working to rectify it.

Dislike.

To be fair... You get a lot of guys saying they work in IT when they call through to a call centre, so you throw some very basic requests at them and then they're asking you what you mean by 'go into control panel' :lol:

i used to be with BankSA

never again. always poor customer service over the phone or in a branch.

their netbanking was poor, my balance going up n down and the statement showsing things billed twice, only to fix itself a day later. and this happened on many occations. bascialally my money wasnt not avaliable when i wanted it

now with commonwealth

im happy with their customer service over the phone

only needed to go into a branch one and i was 100% happy with how i was treated

their netbanking is good. had a few short outages, but there uptime is still like 99.9%

large atm network, this is a huge plus!

To be fair... You get a lot of guys saying they work in IT when they call through to a call centre, so you throw some very basic requests at them and then they're asking you what you mean by 'go into control panel' :lol:

i play around in cisco and juniter router all day.

i cant remember the last time i looked in my control pannel.

edit: linux doesnt have a control pannel, haha

Finally, after a week of 'finalization' and I've lost track at the amount of bullshit, "We'll call you back." replies, it look's like everything is all finished.

Heading in tomorrow to sign some paperwork and it should be finished.

Going to find out as much information I can about why ACSL have turned to shit while I'm in there tomorrow and see what my consultant says. Then make up my mind about changing bank.

Commonwealth. Most of the time their service is good & they have never taken my staff account off me from when I used to work there...so hello free banking :lol: I also have accounts with Newcastle Permanent Building Society and a small QLD based credit union that none of you will have heard of :P

Can't fault any of them. Mostly because if there's ever an issue, I've addressed it calmly and been able to get them to sort it out for me :) Yeah, it does take time and sometimes you wanna scream down the phone at the dimwit on the other end, but being nice will get you EVERYWHERE ;)

I will never ever touch ANZ again after a series of mishaps over a period of 2 months in which they shut down my credit card that I'd had with them for over 3 years without telling me TWICE and then refused on the second instance to reopen it, saying I would have to reapply... Needless to say their service was shit, I was passed through about 7 different call centre staff and by the time I got to someone who could actually help me there was nothing she could do.... :rolleyes:

I use to work for CBA many years ago....and I would never have a account with them even if they have the highest interest saving account...would have nothing to do with them....there is so many good fee free accounts out there....my mum has a commbank account and they were charging her atm withdrawals from commbank atm's?? so I went into a branch with her ask them whats going on with her account so they put her on a better account and ask them if there was a better account where she could save money on fees how come you don't tell her since she always comes into a branch which they had no reply....I can go into a lot about commback would have nothing to do with them