Sign in to follow this  
Big_Car_Killa

Custom Fabrication

My SIL80 was involved in a small shunt a while ago and unfortunately has bent the front of the left rail. It has been inspected both in tassie and over here in vic with the consensus being it is unable to be straightened/repaired.

I dont want to swap any of the contents over to another shell due to the sentimental value this car has to me over the years.

Which leads me to my request:

Who is capable of chopping off the front of the car and creating a custom tube-frame front in tassie?

And, (dare i ask) what costs are we looking at?

Cheers!

how far back does the damage go on to the rail? got any pics, i know primal garage in Vic have done a couple of silvs now where they have removed the front upper and lower rails strut tower etc in one go an reweld a whole new front engine bay section on, you just have to find a car that has been re ended and with rails in good condition, you can;t use a half cut because usually the chassis rails have been cut.

this would be cheaper than a complete tube frame front end and would be easier

mate capell motorsport would do it ill ask for a rough quote for you 2mrw if your interested..

sorry I totally forgot to get back you!

To convert the car properly,it would be a costly exercise, if your going this far with the chassi

I would spend the extra and have a roll cage and various other modifications carried out.

s13 rolling shells being so cheap these days is it really worth it?