Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Need a room

Long shot but thought I'd have a go with ns.

I need a room in surry hills... would pay up to $240ish incl. all bills internet foxtel etc per week

Wanting to move in 14-18th of this month.

Let me know if you know something.

edit:

if things get desperate I'll consider a room/flat share in any suburbs surrounding the city.

Looked at a place on saturday and there were like 50 ppl looking at the room. Went up today to meet an agent for another place and when he opened the door he realized it's now taken.

This is a nightmare!

Looked at a place on saturday and there were like 50 ppl looking at the room. Went up today to meet an agent for another place and when he opened the door he realized it's now taken.

This is a nightmare!

+ 1!

Thread hijack- I am looking for a room too (just moved from Brisbane to Sydney to start a new job with the Government) and I'm having the same issues. I'm trying to rent on my own, come with excellent references and still no luck! And all the real estate agents just don't give a $#@!!!!!

...I'm thinking I might have to start looking at share accommodation too, something I really didn't wanna do! :(

So yeah... If anyone has a room... I need somewhere to live before next weekend :o (sorry for the hijack spaz, but no use having two of the same threads...)

Jess

You can live above stratton bar for like $30 a night, cheap drinks friday and saturday too :lol:

$30x$70=$210

Might be an option if you are super desperate but no car parks and its a bit of a shit place..

Jess renting a room isn't so bad. I rented a room in pyrmont last year and I swear it was like living alone most of the time. I ended up sorta bribing my way into surry hills but other areas seem to be a bit easier... I had one lined up in pyrmont in case surry hills fell through and it was the first place I'd looked at. Where are you trying to get in? I used gumtree 'cos domayne and realestate.com had shit all within my budget.

problem solved, why dont yous two get a place together. at least yous have one thing in common, NS!!

Might be an issue as to which S15 gets the garage :lol:

Jess renting a room isn't so bad. I rented a room in pyrmont last year and I swear it was like living alone most of the time. I ended up sorta bribing my way into surry hills but other areas seem to be a bit easier... I had one lined up in pyrmont in case surry hills fell through and it was the first place I'd looked at. Where are you trying to get in? I used gumtree 'cos domayne and realestate.com had shit all within my budget.

Well thus far I've been looking around Parramatta, because I want my own 2 bedroom apartment and that is the only area that has decent places within my budget and I don't mind the commute on an express train which will be like 25 mins max. There also seems to be a lot of rentals in the area... Just so many people applying that it makes it hard to get approved.

I hear on Monday if I get a unit I applied for, but I've arranged to look at some share accomodation I've found on Gumtree as well just in case I can't get anything else. The biggest bitch in all of this is finding parking/undercover/garage for a lowered & kitted S15. Note to self, don't put a kit on your next car, its impossible to go anywhere :( lol

Sort the ads by the time posted on gumtree 'cos alot of them are old and the poster doesn't bother taking them down and just whore it with emails and text messages. I did that for a week straight and only managed to look at 3 places 'cos all of them said they'd already had too much interest or the place was already taken, most of the time I didn't even get a reply. Good luck.

Thanks Spaz,

Got a call from the real estate agent yesterday morning and the landlord accepted my application on a place in Parra... move in this weekend :)

Thank god thats over... lol.

So just curious... If you're living like inner city- what do you do with the s15? Most of the inner city places I saw didnt have parking etc.

Price of insurance, lack of parking, price of parking = f**k that

Thanks Spaz,

Got a call from the real estate agent yesterday morning and the landlord accepted my application on a place in Parra... move in this weekend :)

So just curious... If you're living like inner city- what do you do with the s15? Most of the inner city places I saw didnt have parking etc.

rent out a 2 or 3 bedder by yourself, then get other random flatmates in. Then you get to chose who you live with, you put dibs on the garage and pay more so its only yours, plus if your flattys ever piss you off, kick them out as its in your name, problem solved.

Or if your so worried about you car, downgrade to a same power S13.

:D:thumbsup:

Price of insurance, lack of parking, price of parking = f**k that

Tell me about it... I rang my insurance company yesterday and because I'm moving to Sydney, my premium is going up by $1200pa :o What a rip....

...Lucky I love my car or she'd be up for sale! haha

Thanks Spaz,

rent out a 2 or 3 bedder by yourself, then get other random flatmates in. Then you get to chose who you live with, you put dibs on the garage and pay more so its only yours, plus if your flattys ever piss you off, kick them out as its in your name, problem solved.

Exactly ;) I got a two bedroom place for this reason... Although, I do like the idea of my own place anyway...

Or if your so worried about you car, downgrade to a same power S13.

:D:thumbsup:

I could never... I've had the 15 for over 4 years now and I can't see myself getting rid of it yet... :wub: