Sign in to follow this  
mitch bucannon

Some of my Fabrication Pics

I know what I would prefer :shades:

anyway, we are getting :offtopic: and don't want to ruin such a good thread....keep them coming Mitch, I am in awe

Did you make that?

yeah think his the owner of CPC i remember talking to him ages ago about water cooler units for tig welders

I know what I would prefer :shades:

anyway, we are getting :offtopic: and don't want to ruin such a good thread....keep them coming Mitch, I am in awe

Did you make that?

yeah think his the owner of CPC i remember talking to him ages ago about water cooler units for tig welders

Haha thought so! Hows it going Ariel? Could i smell a bit of sarcasm?rolleyes.gif Start a thread!!!

good mate, how are you?

I will start one in a minute. Like this thread, I will try and keep it up to date with pics as I progress and hopefully improve...

Now that's what u call an upgrade

Any chance you can do some custom work ? need a manifold ( exhaust) made up for a engine conversion ive done ?

love ur work champ! spewin i live in vic though :( it'd prob be worth the drive from here just to get some work done by you though haha.

keep it up

Any chance you can do some custom work ? need a manifold ( exhaust) made up for a engine conversion ive done ?

sure thing, you can PM me

love ur work champ! spewin i live in vic though :( it'd prob be worth the drive from here just to get some work done by you though haha.

keep it up

Thanks alot PLEZA!!

holy shit dude, amazing work.

moarrrrhhh pictures please ^_^

Well custom radiators seem to be the flavour of the month for me.

Heres one i did a couple of weeks ago for an S2000. The theme for this was purely racing. Compact, lightweight and functional over looks. I also made a duct for it that mates up with the hole in the bonnet. There are some finishing touches that i hadn't done in these pics but I will get more pics when its all finished and installed.

Quickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.08.55.8380.jpgQuickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.08.58.0110.jpg

Quickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.09.00.1210.jpgQuickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.09.18.6310.jpg

Quickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.09.37.1670.jpgQuickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.09.43.9440.jpg

Quickshot 2011-05-09 at 20.09.45.4250.jpg

Heres another one i did just recently for the white 32 GTR a couple of pages back. Considering this car will mostly see the race track, it probably doesn't need a shroud, but i thought i'd make one anyway, and if it becomes a problem i will cut a piece out and have a removable portion of the shroud.

Photo Apr 28, 1 04 19 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 04 32 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 04 51 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 05 54 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 05 00 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 05 38 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 06 16 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 17 02 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 18 42 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 17 24 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 17 34 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 17 45 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 28, 1 18 03 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 28, 1 18 33 PM.jpg

I'm doing another radiator (amongst other things) for a Supra at the moment. Ill get some pics of it in the next couple of days. Here's a preview of the car.

Photo May 05, 4 10 31 PM.jpg

I also finished my mates VL over Easter. It's nothing crazy, just a 3076R internal gate, fuel system and a nistune basically. Ill get some more pics of it when it gets back from the tuner. These are the only ones i have at the moment.

Photo Apr 25, 6 05 28 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 25, 6 05 13 PM.jpg

Over Easter i finally pulled my finger out and put some BC springs and retainers in my car with the help of a good friend. Now just have to finish catch can and hook up boost gauge and get it tuned!! It's been way too long!

Its all so neat. What work did that time attack rx7 get done? It's a few pages back, r magic I think...

Its all so neat. What work did that time attack rx7 get done? It's a few pages back, r magic I think...

It says it in the post

Harness bar

I must have missed it lol. I would have thought that stuff would be sorted before shipping the car over to attend wta

Yeah, i just had to make a harness bar and enclose the fuel system.

I must have missed it lol. I would have thought that stuff would be sorted before shipping the car over to attend wta

Well Japan seems to be alot less strict with their rules and regulations.

Elias's new radiator looks mint Mitch as always top work!

Thanks man. Is this Kyle or Nathan? I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, its really really light! The sheet metal and the tube are both 1.6mm thick.

Great work Mitchy! And you dont talk in the 3rd person!

f**king AMAZING.. still trying to get my head around at the amount of consistency. unbelievable! (although ali is easier to manipulate) its still magic!

its good that theres actual peoples works i look up to and that pushs me to try harder with my own work... in the country i live in... instead of some random overseas thread!

please keep it up!

Kudos for not talking in 3rd person, and even more so for uploading big pictures!

This is a full exhaust i made for a Civic. Didi my head in making the headers! They had to be a certain length to all the mergers, and shit like that. Like, within 10mm if each other!! (length wise)

PICT0416.JPG

Image077.jpg

Image078.jpg

Image079.jpg

Image080.jpg

PICT0410.JPG

PICT0413.JPG

Fricking awesome dude! Love the work!

Thanks dude! I'm very impressed with what you and your family can produce!

Thanks man. You keen on doing some alloy work on my lil truck, i think i was half way through building it last time you came around. its this one.

IMG_0079.gif

Also i didnt ignore your email the other day. I ended up finding a cheap manifold i can use. But im still trying to get a few "Tub jobs" so i can get one of your EX manifolds.

f**king AMAZING.. still trying to get my head around at the amount of consistency. unbelievable! (although ali is easier to manipulate) its still magic!

its good that theres actual peoples works i look up to and that pushs me to try harder with my own work... in the country i live in... instead of some random overseas thread!

please keep it up!

Kudos for not talking in 3rd person, and even more so for uploading big pictures!

Well thank you very much! They are some very kind words. I find it hard to believe that someone that can, and does do, your type of work, looks up to me. Welding and fabricating is a very big passion of mine! I am a firm believer that for anyone with a passion for something, really needs someone to look up to for help and guidance. I have always had atleast 2 people that I look up to and constantly hound for information. Without them, it would have been much much more difficult. When I see something, especially aluminum welding/fab, that I can't do, or haven't done before that's very hard, it slightly annoys me and makes me push myself as hard as I mentally can handle, to reach this elusive "perfection", that doesn't seem to exist. I'm just blabbering now, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you really love doing something, and you want to be the best, you can do it.

^^^ totally understand what your talking about!!!

Got huge love for my job! my previous job, i hated it so much (typical stainless factory) but at the rod shop! fuark i love it...

Yesterday after completing a complete ute section on a studerbaker pick up... to a design my boss made... he looked at it and said to cut it out and start over (he just wasnt happy with his design!)

i was shattered! but he then said *not to focus on the time thats gone, its still experience and thats just how it is when you build cars, theres no drawings to spec its just imagination really*

So after work yesterday, he told me to come up with a design from scratch... and make it how I wanted it.. that it was totally up to me!!!... so today i went in to work at 4am just because I was so pumped to get started! worked an 11 hour day, and i still wanted to stay back longer!...

job satisfaction is the most important thing to me now, i f**king love it!!! lol

aluminium is something im yet to have a good shot at, ive only had once opportunity when i was at tafe!... i just need to find a supplier of ally, so i can stuff around with it!

MOAR PICS OF AWESOME PLZ!

^^^ totally understand what your talking about!!!

Got huge love for my job! my previous job, i hated it so much (typical stainless factory) but at the rod shop! fuark i love it...

Yesterday after completing a complete ute section on a studerbaker pick up... to a design my boss made... he looked at it and said to cut it out and start over (he just wasnt happy with his design!)

i was shattered! but he then said *not to focus on the time thats gone, its still experience and thats just how it is when you build cars, theres no drawings to spec its just imagination really*

So after work yesterday, he told me to come up with a design from scratch... and make it how I wanted it.. that it was totally up to me!!!... so today i went in to work at 4am just because I was so pumped to get started! worked an 11 hour day, and i still wanted to stay back longer!...

job satisfaction is the most important thing to me now, i f**king love it!!! lol

aluminium is something im yet to have a good shot at, ive only had once opportunity when i was at tafe!... i just need to find a supplier of ally, so i can stuff around with it!

MOAR PICS OF AWESOME PLZ!

Oh thats right, you changed jobs. I was referring to the stainless industry you worked in.

So any pics yet of your design? You remind me of me when i first started at my job. Pretty much always there. I think my record was 36 or something hours spent at work at one time. Staying back and doing things, learning stuff and loving it. I'll put some pics up tomorrow hopefully.

I shall update my thread next week onces theres some mean progress!

the stainless industry was cool. but i lacked passion!

please keep it up!

Good because i dont know hot to make them smallerthumbsup.gif