Sign in to follow this  
mitch bucannon

Some of my Fabrication Pics

Awesome! Was enlightening reading through this, haven't really focused on looking at this kind of fabrication before thumb.gif

Jesus your work is amazing! Seriously considering PM'ing you for some shit on my car. The welds are so perfect. All the custom fab stuff is top stuff.

Makes me wanna do that Tafe course now..

hmmm..

Wicked work man, can i ask how you got started.

if you havnt said allready.

I would love to be able to get started.

TAFE course

ask to do welding A.S 1796 certificate 7

*snip*

Cheers for that man,

Well im doing a Mechanical apprenticeship atm so might try and get involved in tafe and work experiance.

Cheers again man,

Awesome work as always!

Wicked work man, can i ask how you got started.

if you havnt said allready.

I would love to be able to get started.

TAFE course

ask to do welding A.S 1796 certificate 7

*snip*

Cheers for that man,

Well im doing a Mechanical apprenticeship atm so might try and get involved in tafe and work experiance.

Cheers again man,

Awesome work as always!

Not a prob dude.

Well i'm lagging with the updates sorry guys. Been mega busy!

I made a custom RB25 intake manifold with billet rail

IMG_0405.jpgIMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

Here are some twin pass intercoolers for RX7's for a customer

IMG_0349.jpg

We made two of these. Any guesses what they are?

IMG_0377.jpg

Yepp thats right, they are hose reels. They get mounted to the back of a Concrete cutting truck! In the pic they still need lower members welded in to join the two a frames together.

Here a custom RB30 intake manifold in the making...

IMG_0005.jpg

I made a fuel rail for my mate.....i give him heaps about owning a VLrolleyes.gif

IMG_0011.jpg

This was a fun one! converting carby V8 to injected. He is using 16xID2000's!!

IMG_0212.jpgIMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpg

The white 32GTR in the previous pages is getting a new radiator and shroud at the moment. Ill post up pics of that next week when its finished.

I forgot to post this up ages ago. I machined my rocker cover after it got painted. The finish is awesome! After i machined it i just got a tiny file and deburred the edges of the letters. Im really happy with it.

Check it out!

I couldn't imbed it, there was no "insert youtube" thing. Anyone help?

Cheers

Good stuff looks like u been soon some interesting work

I've only been doing boring chassis work

Very impressed with the custom 25 intake manifold. how did you make the two halfs of the main body? could only see joins for the two halfs.

Very impressed with the custom 25 intake manifold. how did you make the two halfs of the main body? could only see joins for the two halfs.

Do you mean the plenum chamber?

if you wanna attach the vid wise the 'insert media' option.

top notch work man, lovin the RB manifold! and props to the V8 guy moving out of the stone age hahaha.

I think it's just pressed out sheet metal

if you wanna attach the vid wise the 'insert media' option.

top notch work man, lovin the RB manifold! and props to the V8 guy moving out of the stone age hahaha.

Thanks Bling, i did see that little button, but wasn't sure! Yeah the RB mani came out really good. Ive made a couple like that before, but that one came out the best. I dont really know much about the V8 mani. It was a job through another workshop. Either way its a big jump from carby poo to that!

Do you mean the plenum chamber?

I think it's just pressed out sheet metal

Yeah its just pressed sheet metal.

I remember seeing a stack of them there Waiting to be cut and welded together

i figured it was two pieces of sheet metal i just wondered how they formed it. Do you form them in-house? or buy them in like that?

any pics of how :) i'm assuming youve made your own die but id love to see.

I'm not going to show you how we do it but yes we made our own dies, and everything else involved in making them.

Here is the same 32GTR Twin turbo a couple of pages back. Its probably one of my favourite cars i've worked on, considering i'm not into drag. He had twin HKS 3037S's and they ran out of puff so we slapped some Precision 6262's on there. Sorry about the crap quality pics, it was on my old phone. I also plumbed the wastegates back into the dump pipes, didn't get photos of that though.

fgthfh.jpgfgthfh (1).jpg

fgthfh (2).jpgfgthfh (3).jpg

fgthfh (4).jpgfgthfh (5).jpg

fgthfh (6).jpgfgthfh (7).jpg

fgthfh (8).jpg

Obviously this is a bit old, just working through some photos on my computer. Didn't really do much on this car but worth a mention i think. We had to put a new harness bar in and enclose the fuel system, which was on the passenger floor. These things didn't meet CAMS regs, so it was a last minute dash to make something work so they would let it compete. Mind you, we hadn't even finished unpacking as we just moved factories.

Didn't get any pics of the fuel system, but i basically just made a cover over the whole thing. New harness bar is pretty self explanatory. I really don't think that rotary's are the best engine in the world, but theres something about these series 678 time attack cars that i cant help but love! The bodykit/wheels/aero/graphics on this car is pretty intense. I'm addicted to them!!

DSC_0111.jpg

Can you see me?

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

i would have love to have a sticky beak at the suspension setup on that car

i dunno how u can weld in short sleeves

my arms get full burnt from it im still carrying a burn on my neck because of my v neck shirt

It was only low amp DC stuff. Not too bad compared to AC. Had many a burn from AC. Yeah getting burnt on your chest is really uncomfortable. I also hate getting burnt knees from shorts being too short for seated welding.

Fair enough i was expecting that response :) I'm fairly sure it wont be different to how i would do it. Only involves two masters to be made out of thicker gauage steel and a hydraulic press. They look the goods anyway well done.

Fair enough i was expecting that response :) I'm fairly sure it wont be different to how i would do it. Only involves two masters to be made out of thicker gauage steel and a hydraulic press. They look the goods anyway well done.

Yeah it definitely makes it easier when making custom intake manifolds.

Yeah it definitely makes it easier when making custom intake manifolds.

we all dont have those luxury's like u do :( i get all my plenum cambers casted but its the rest of the crap i hate making and welding together

as usual, nice work Mitch.

Do "you" get them casted??? The plenums look like that crap chinese stuff you can buy in kits???

yeah its the exact same stuff i just buy the plenum cambers on there own

they arnt to bad in fact i really like them i been using them alot lately

just a hint, your weld appreance and quality would vastly improve if you used sheetmetal

just a hint, your weld appreance and quality would vastly improve if you used sheetmetal

oh yeah i know that

i get alot nicer welds welding onto sheet metal aluminum compared to those cast aluminum plenum cambers

it still doesnt come up that bad

IMG_0599.jpg

planing on building a quad throttle rear wheel drive SR20v inlet manifold using M3 E46 BMW throttle bodies using that same cast plenum camber soon

I know what I would prefer :shades:

anyway, we are getting :offtopic: and don't want to ruin such a good thread....keep them coming Mitch, I am in awe

05022011055.jpg

I know what I would prefer :shades:

anyway, we are getting :offtopic: and don't want to ruin such a good thread....keep them coming Mitch, I am in awe

Did you make that?