Sign in to follow this  
mitch bucannon

Some of my Fabrication Pics

I take my hat off to you sir! Amazing work my friend...

So here's my question will it cost me an arm and leg for a airbox for an s15? :)

Ha ha no shit!!! I was pretty proud of that back in the day. Good to see it is still being used. Got any pics or info?

Ha ha no shit!!! I was pretty proud of that back in the day. Good to see it is still being used. Got any pics or info?

Yeah I will get some for you, looks identical, apart from being ceramic coated.

Its on another B16A, pushing 250fwkw or so. Is a good kit and fitted with ease.

Small world :)

Catch can

55.jpg50.jpg

51.jpg

Also, as you can see in the first pic, i use denso coils. so i made up some collars that press into the rocker cover because the diameter of the coils is smaller.

nah i like stainless but we do like food grade so not much in the way of building exhaust and the boss dosent realllly like us doing DIY in the workshop. i still will though :lol: gonna make myself a 2.5 straight pipe for my patrol.

get in to it dude, i used to work for NDA australia, all pharmaceutical tanks for csl and some food grade shit! the sooner you start f**king around at home the faster you will pick shit up... want my advice aswell. dont ask the guys at your work that have been in the trade for yonks about building exhausts n stuff for your car. just have a go at it!

Props for the fab work...

but all that is overshadowed because you gave me a pic of how to remake that damm heavy ass powersteering braket!

nah i like stainless but we do like food grade so not much in the way of building exhaust and the boss dosent realllly like us doing DIY in the workshop. i still will though laugh.gif gonna make myself a 2.5 straight pipe for my patrol.

get in to it dude, i used to work for NDA australia, all pharmaceutical tanks for csl and some food grade shit! the sooner you start f**king around at home the faster you will pick shit up... want my advice aswell. dont ask the guys at your work that have been in the trade for yonks about building exhausts n stuff for your car. just have a go at it!

yeah i am but dammm, decent welder + argon = $$$$$ as a first year cant really afford. building an exhaust for a friend so see were we go i guess..

looks good again mitch, got some real skill man!

Props for the fab work...

but all that is overshadowed because you gave me a pic of how to remake that damm heavy ass powersteering braket!

no worries man

Yeah I love that car. Gotta do a radiator for it on monday. More than a few hours would have gone into that bracket.

righto, time for some more...

im definatly not the biggest fan of drag racing, but anyway

11122008221.jpg11122008212.jpg

11122008213.jpg11122008214.jpg

11122008215.jpg11122008216.jpg

11122008217.jpg11122008218.jpg

11122008219.jpg11122008220.jpg

11122008223.jpg11122008222.jpg

Adding injectors...

03032009288.jpg03032009289.jpg

03032009290.jpg03032009291.jpg

is that the same car that James (aka grooverider fabrications) done work on??? James is an awesome fabricator i would say his the best fabricator i know of

iv been to his place and seen him work in the flesh his unbelievable

i know he done the repair work to the chassis after it smashed at the track

GAS001.jpg

Think he repaired the chassis after the smash

Really good bloke and he really knows his stuff and doesn't mind sharing and teaching as well

I got some photos of a chassis he built for a rx7 it's mouth watering

absolutely beautiful alloy welding.. i will be in contact sooner or later with some work if you are interested. mainly small items.

Wicked work man, can i ask how you got started.

if you havnt said allready.

I would love to be able to get started.

TAFE course

ask to do welding A.S 1796 certificate 7

TAFE course

Any prior training?

Do you need to be good at maths?

Stupid Q but oh well.

TAFE course

Any prior training?

Do you need to be good at maths?

Stupid Q but oh well.

there are some maths involved but not much

yeah u should really look into it

most people who do the course learn how to weld then just quit when they are happy with their skills

but if u go all the way and get the certificate which is 18 months and u have to pass both the practical and theory test u will receive your certificate/license it opens the windows into so many jobs

u want certificate 7 which is tig and certificate 4 which is arc because on most big jobs u will do your root run with a tig and cap it of with an arc depending on the size of the pipe

pipe welder/boilermaker is good money mate

TAFE course

Well its funny you ask. I'm actually a carpenter by trade! Got bored of that, and tried metal on for size.

Carpentry, well i mean, a trade, helped me alot. You learn heaps in an apprenticeship. Not just about the trade, so that helps alot when you make a career change. I've always had an interest in making things and also cars so it fitted well. I basically started by just getting thrown in the deep end. Having to figure out how to do it/what to do, with little guidance. Much to my bosses credit, he wasn't too fussed if it took a long time or if i f***** it up, as long as i learned. My boss mainly, and a couple of his friends, "tuned" me along the way. Obviously they could see i had a passion, so i think they got a kick out of it too. I went to tafe to do welding for a couple of months, and i went really well but it was a bit s*** because my teacher was a f***wit, then they decided to change the course to mechanical engineering, and thought it was best if i left and made room for upcoming students. asshats! I obliged as my teacher was a "hasbeen" anyway and had it in for me. Ill get back there one day.

I think it would be good for someone looking to get started, to have access to a welder, on a regular basis, as well as going to tafe. Tafe is good, but alot of it is just practice so just going to tafe is going to take longer, as you'll be going to tafe alot of the time just to practice, when you could be doing that at home, and using tafe to tell you what you're doing wrong and what not.

Practice Practice Practice! along with guidance from an expert will get you up there in no time at all. When i was starting out, i would have had done easily 1-2 years straight of welding everyday at work. Whether it was scrap tube in my lunch break, or actual jobs. You just got to keep doing it. Also i really love welding, so that helps heaps, because your gonna get pissed when you just can't do something, no matter what you do. It's all part of it i guess.

Sorry, i may be rambling, but i hope that helps.

Anyway, heres some pics..

wefr.jpggrg.jpg

grsd.jpggrsdg.jpg

PICT0041.JPGPICT0042.JPG

PICT0035.JPGPICT0036.JPG

PICT0037.JPGPICT0038.JPG

PICT0039.JPGPICT0040.JPG

Image019.jpgImage006.jpg

Image007.jpgImage008.jpg

Image009.jpgImage010.jpg

Image013.jpgImage014.jpg

Image017.jpgImage018.jpg