Sign in to follow this  
Phus15

if you have commodores with chev badges...or you like 9 second cortinas..

pfft yeah hate all those v6 commo's with the chevy badges on them.. theres nothing chev about them.. also the worst when u seen later model hsv kits put on them. seen a vt exec the other week with a ve gts kit on it, horrible..

I thought it was bad enough on the commodores...but you learn to live with the idiots around...till I saw this...

180296_10150129496270027_672905026_8242813_2190290_n.jpg

the cruze really is a chevy so thats the correct badge

just for everyones peace of mind i have spoken to the team at HSVi (they do the body kits and big wheels for commo's as genuine parts) and i have askedthem to design asports grill for the commodore range to clean up the streets from those douche bages with chevy badges

Congratulations, so what? Kids will still prefer the chev because its baller.

Chevy stopped production of all Pontiacs last year so they even have them badged wrong over here. The VE is EXPORTED to the USA and rebadged as Pontiacs, not even Chevy's. The Chevy Cruze is identical to the Holden Cruze so if anything that guy with his Chevy badge on is actually more justified than all the other retards putting Chevy badges on SV6, SS etc.

The Monaro was sold by GM worldwide, as Vauxhall Monaro in Europe, and the Pontiac GTO in US. It was a relaunch of the original pontiac GTO/stealing the name of the original pontiac GTO... and because these cars sold surprisingly well, they carried on with the Vauxhall VX8R and Pontiac G8, which are VE commodores. And they get a lot of options that we didn't get at first/still don't get (like factory supercharger options).

And yes, as a cost cutting measure, GM started using parts between brands it owned. So we got the LS1, a few pontiacs use the new LS7 or whatever is in the corvettes. That's the only real logic behind chev badges. I did see a VE with a pontiac badge, but it was pulled over by the local constabulary for being confused, so I let it slide.

CURIOUS NOTE: the 3.8L we know oh so well was originally a twin turbo front wheel drive Buick shitbox, and you can see how lazy they were in converting it to RWD for the crumpledore, with the throttle body facing the firewall, with nice long piping going all around the engine bay. Really, they should have just stuck with RB's.

I've seen 'Spec-R' on a 180sx at Uni

That's a guy off here. The dark grey 180? It's actually not a bad car other than that.

the knowlage in this thread of a local aussie built car is terrible!

just stick to jap cars. 90 percent of the people in this thread know nothing about holdens and gm in general.

Can someone buy a 5.7lt bommadore and put a sticker on the boot saying "insert wanker Chev badge here"

Sign in to follow this