ecko

TAS DRIFT FESTIVAL ENTRIES NOW OPEN!

So mainlanders,

whose coming down ?

TAS DRIFT FESTIVAL #2

MARCH 19, 2011

BASKERVILLE RACEWAY

DRIVER ENTRIES ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN!

All information pertaining to the event (including entry fees, payment instructions, scrutineering etc) is contained in the attached event regulations... So please read them!

Gates open at 7am, event kicks off at 9am.

Also attached is the driver information sheet if you wish to complete this in advance to save time on the morning of the event, just return it with your entry.

Entries close at 5pm on Wednesday 16th March 2011. The entry fee will be $200. Early bird entries will be accepted until 5pm Wednesday 9th March 2011, for a discounted price of $180.

PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO ENTRIES TAKEN ON THE DAY.

On the entry form, please select the events you are planning on entering - do not worry if you change your mind on the day and decide to pull out or enter an extra event, this is just to give us an idea of numbers, and so that we can be prepared in advance as best we can.

Wrist bands and sticker packs will be issued at sign in. (from 7am) Please note that you may not get your preferred car number but we will do our best. The car number you are allocated will remain yours for the rest of the Tas Drift Series. Points scored during the drift competition at Tas Drift Festival will count towards series points.

Any questions - please contact Kate on katelucas444@hotmail.com or 0439 989 231

Approved Supplementary Regulations.doc

Tas Drift Festival Entry Form.doc

Driver Information Sheet.doc

Entry List as of this morning

Entries close end of day 2morrow (Wednesday 16th)

Brodie Moore

Matt Russell

Tim Plumbridge

Nick Wedd

Craig Thorp

Lloyd Smith

Martin Croall

Ashley Courtney

Damien Roach

David Oates

Andrew Goss

Josh Priseman

Peter Nowell

Lloyd Powell

Jake Crawford

Brendan Mansfield

Nic Wilson

Jonathan Barnes

Jake Nicholas

Ryan Smith

Nathan Page

Rod Budsworth

Ben Purtell

Chris Johnson

Andrew Considine

Taylor Forward

Mark Beckett

IMG_0201.jpg

Nigels brother from another mother.

What a weekend.

Thursday: Finished work, headed home, showered and jumped in the passenger side of the sprinter as dad drove me down to the docks. On the way (while Dad dosed everyone) we shattered a clutch fan and put it through my 20 minute old radiator. A few calls to Lindsay Thorn and HTS (mainly Dave) had an array of clutch fans and radiators ready to go.

Friday: Got off the boat to be met by Dave who beared 3 gifts. A Ford Telstar radiator, a S13 radiator and a S14 radiator. The Telstar one was my choice but it was to tall, so the communal HTS S13 rad was installed and the long bumpy drive to Hobart begun with myself, Nick Wilson (and his bitches Karl, T bag and Brent) and the two S.A. boys. The trip was slow due to the well needed roadworks going on everywhere. Nick lost a parker due to some sweet bumps and I decided it was time to change tyres before I rubbed through my sidewalls.

Saturday: Gossy is always on time, our 6.30 departure turned into a 7.30 "I want to wash my car first ordeal". I few threats had Goss change him mind and we were on the way to the track. GOT THROUGH SCRUTINEERING. Did practice, qualifyed 10th, knocked out Brodie in the top 16 (he let me win because I drove so far) then pulled Josh "Drift Camel" Priseman in the top eight. Not that the odds were on myside anyway, I managed to snap (another) axle in my first run putting me into the dirt. The rest of the day saw me completely rebuilding the reliable old "Ex-Pidwell" diff with the help of Andrew from S.A. I was'nt prepared to leave yet another car in Tassie, so I thought I would fix it properly this time.

Saturday night: Although tired, the afterparty saw the removal of my voicebox and no doubt my dignity too. S.A boys packed up early as they were on the day boat the next day and had to leave at 2.30am but as usual, THE usuals (Goss, Jack, Plumbridge, Brodie, Dave, Skin) kept on charging into the night. Although my night might have been cut a bit short when I confused a bouncer at Curly's with 50 cent and let him know about it. La Bella became the new party destination, followed by a long sleep in the back seat of Gossy's mums car.

Sunday: As I always have drama, we deaprted Hobart early to allow for any road side rebuilds that I may have needed. We headed home in the same order as we came, however we had swapped the S.A. boys for Consie and Asha. Somehow, my car made it all the way back north with no issues other than two fires (pretty normal). So being 7 hours early for the boat, we decided to go to Ulvie to watch Consies HPI photo shoot for Capel motorsports and visit HTS headquarters. Shit got boring quick, so before I gave into temptation and give in to the need of hitting up some of the North West's finest roads we headed back to the boat for some Cafe Salmonella and wood fired pizza. Then the usual boring boating began.

Monday: Rolled in at 6.30am, dad was waiting at the Docks. He took the 86 and drove it "quietly" home while I went to work and tried my best to stay awake. I was rudely awoken during the night by a guy in a security top on the boat wondering why someone had hit the alarm in our cabin. Didnt help that I was sleeping on the floor in front of the door.

All in all a good weekend. MASSIVE thanks to Dave Dennis for everything he does for me, from pick up and delieverys, to Mechanical works. Andrew Franklin for spinning spanners with me on my diff. Gossy for the accom as usual. Adrian "Mozz" Morrisby from Moonah auto parts recyclers for hooking me up as usual.

On a final note, the Tassie events still continue to impress me. Great people, great tracks, great competition. The organisation is second to none, and it goes without saying that Kate Lucas, Miffy Bond, Anita Jones and all the rest of the crew have it down pat. Its not often you hear "we are ahead of schedual, so have a free hour session" over the P.A.

Thanks for a good wekend, Matt.

Nice write uP matt, love having ya down here.'lost ya on sat night didn't know you fought fiddy cent lol.

Make sure you boys keep coming bak, we will HELL repay the favor by bringing our BUSSES over.

Nice write uP matt, love having ya down here.'lost ya on sat night didn't know you fought fiddy cent lol.

Make sure you boys keep coming bak, we will HELL repay the favor by bringing our BUSSES over.

Yeah, Fiddy aint so big, recons he's got guns and whatnot, but I had a belly full of Jack and a glass in one hand. Melbourne style.

Yeah, come over for drift attack. Leave your use of strange adjectives, nouns and all thier frinds behind. Because we in Melbourne dont want our Hell lush balla as f**k attutideds destracted by your ramblings while where battling in busses. Haha.

Forgot to Mention, Congratualtions to Llyod, Priso, P-p-p-purtell and Trusky. (Think that was the top four order? I was under my car during the top four) haha.

lush write up matty :silly:

see you at round 2 and beyond

sweet video! congrats to mr smith!

anymore footage of mums falcon? that was sick!

how many cars did priso drive? i thought he wa driving the s14? but was in tims 180 in the final lol?

Yeah he broke the gearbox selector in the s14 and borrowed time cars