Sign in to follow this  
ROYC33

r33 dying at random times

hey my 33 gtst keeprandomly dying at seemingly random times. can happen either when just cruising along or giving it curry. its go all usual stuf including power fc and bosch 040 pump but stock injectors, i asked it to be tuned rich to be safer. every thing i can think of has been checked and cleaned(sensors/connectors)so does anyone have any idea what could be causing it? im thinking it could be over fueling and flooding out cos just before it died on a local cruise the people behind me said they smelt LOTS of fuel and it took a couple of cranks before it would start again. could this be possible?

thanks for any help

Sounds like AFM is stuffing up. Try another and see how it goes.

Had the same in my laurel which was also causing it to run rich (your fuel smell) as well as it wouldnt start straight away, and this would allways happen randomly.

Dying isn't descriptive enough.

Is it spark?

Or under/over fuel?

When it dies, what does the gas pedal do when you hit it?

Is it stuttering?

I reccomend you buy and learn how to use a multimeter. Emphasis on learn though

seems to be over fueling. when it dies the revs slowly go down as its til i put clutch in and it just drops revs and shuts down, no stuttering. afm was first thing i checked, gave it a good clean. Will check it with multi meter. Have pulled out all spark plugs and checked to see theyr all burning cleanly (wich they r). Also thort could possibley be o2 sensor. Iv read they wear out and need to be replaced every so often. Am thinking a false reading could cause ecu to over fuel.

long story but turned out there was a tiny bit of corrosion on the afm circuit, cleaned it hopefully problem has gone away but wont know til it hasnt happened for a while cos of it happening at random times.

Keep this informed, as my car will randomly turn off like when going in between gears and what not

rb20 with std computer

t3/t4

fmic

exhaust

thats it lol

My rb25 did this the solder in the afm comes loose, resolder n your done