Sign in to follow this  
blck.b0i

HDD Doctor

well, about 2 hours ago, my laptop got infected with this malware called "HDD Doctor"

check here for more info: http://deletemalware...-uninstall.html

basically this thing pretends to be a hdd scanner/fixer and screw your computer up

just wanted to know if any of you have had any experience with this or if you know how to remove it cause its being a bitch :rant:

Edited by blck.b0i

Download malware bytes on another computer to a USB drive. Boot the computer in safe mode with networking support (press F8 during boot) and install Malware bytes. Hopefully it will update over the net and then load the program automatically for you. Choose a full scan and wait. fix the problems and reboot to normal mode and re-run Malware Bytes full scan again.

I haven't seen the one you are talking about in particular but MWB is easy to use and generally does a good job.

errr not to be rude mate, but the link you provided has all the instructions for removing it right there.

I would do it slightly differently to how it says however, terminate the process sure... install a antispyware / antimalware program and update it, then restart to safe mode and allow it to scan and clean everything from there.. this way its unlikely to have ever started any rogue processes prior to attempting to clean it.

Download malware bytes on another computer to a USB drive. Boot the computer in safe mode with networking support (press F8 during boot) and install Malware bytes. Hopefully it will update over the net and then load the program automatically for you. Choose a full scan and wait. fix the problems and reboot to normal mode and re-run Malware Bytes full scan again.

I haven't seen the one you are talking about in particular but MWB is easy to use and generally does a good job.

thanks mate, worked perfectly :D

errr not to be rude mate, but the link you provided has all the instructions for removing it right there.

I would do it slightly differently to how it says however, terminate the process sure... install a antispyware / antimalware program and update it, then restart to safe mode and allow it to scan and clean everything from there.. this way its unlikely to have ever started any rogue processes prior to attempting to clean it.

hehehe i know i know, i tried it but i couldnt even start up task manager because the program kept blocking it, dw got it sorted now

yeah that's why the instructions say to use the command prompt version instead.

start, run, type 'CMD'.

try 'tasklist' in the command box to retrieve all your running processes.

'taskkill /f /im 'processname.ext' to terminate one.

In that case taskkill /f /im hdddoctor.exe, if that's what its calling itself.

Anyway, glad you have it sorted :)