Sign in to follow this  
blaq-boi

Anyone Else Go Overseas, Who Hates Life After Returning Home?

Yikes... can't imagine living in the stink filled swamp that is Thailand.

its probably best you get a caravan and do the whole around australia thing. i guess traveling to third world countries isnt for everyone.

its probably best you get a caravan and do the whole around australia thing. i guess traveling to third world countries isnt for everyone.

Thanks, but i'll wait till i'm 60+ for that.

I've been to countless countries already & Thailand was easily the lowlight of all of my travells. Was hoping it would be better the second time round but I was wrong.

The place is filled with old white men trying to find a root, asian women trying to find money, asian men trying to be women & loud mouth tourists on drugs.

Not to mention the smell.

Thanks, but i'll wait till i'm 60+ for that.

I've been to countless countries already & Thailand was easily the lowlight of all of my travells. Was hoping it would be better the second time round but I was wrong.

The place is filled with old white men trying to find a root, asian women trying to find money, asian men trying to be women & loud mouth tourists on drugs.

Not to mention the smell.

Did you actually leave Bangkok and the tourist areas?

Quoted for Truth.

Was over there for a month, loved every moment of it but was excited to come home too.

Being harassed is ok... for a short time, but it does get very annoying after a while!

Especially when you get out of one tuk tuk at your destination and your immediately harassed by another driver.

oh wait if your only talking about bangkok then i understand. i HATED bangkok. i was in thailand for a month with a friend. first week was bangkok....

weve tried hard to delete bangkok from our minds. and we tell ppl we only went for 3 weeks... pattaya is where its at!

I definately agree - it's a horrible feeling returning to your old life! Just got back from USA two weeks ago, and after only being over there for 3.5 weeks, i would gladly move there tomorrow! If salaries were a bit higher and decent jobs were readily available, it would make it an even easier decision to go! I've looked at a few options, however i'm trying to hold back as i dont think the bf would be willing to move that far away.

So many more things to do and see out there - and moving away doesnt always have to be forever!

In three days it will feel like you never left.

Travel is inspiring, but all it does is make me appreciate home even more.

I completely agree.

I really like the idea of living in a lot of places in my lifetime for short periods of time, but realistically I think Australia will always be home.

I've gotta agree here. I haven't really traveled anywhere that I would really want to pack up and move to. It's always better to live in Australia and be able to earn a good income to go travel again.

When I went around Europe for a month it sucked to leave, but in some ways it was good to return home. It is more relaxing being at home because you don't have to rush about a foreign country stressing out trying to not miss busses and trains. And you really really really do miss the freedom of having a car.

I prefer having a house and access to good food and water and a toilet where you don't have to squat to take a dump haha.

In three days it will feel like you never left.

Travel is inspiring, but all it does is make me appreciate home even more.

I completely agree.

I really like the idea of living in a lot of places in my lifetime for short periods of time, but realistically I think Australia will always be home.

I've gotta agree here. I haven't really traveled anywhere that I would really want to pack up and move to. It's always better to live in Australia and be able to earn a good income to go travel again.

When I went around Europe for a month it sucked to leave, but in some ways it was good to return home. It is more relaxing being at home because you don't have to rush about a foreign country stressing out trying to not miss busses and trains. And you really really really do miss the freedom of having a car.

I prefer having a house and access to good food and water and a toilet where you don't have to squat to take a dump haha.

Staying for longer, you see more to the place that you're living in, which is a good thing and a bad thing. I'm really glad that we've been living where we have been for so long - it's pretty awesome to think that when I'm back in Australia I will know the best place to buy food in Whistler. I'll know how to walk from one suburb to another. I'll know where to go for a drink, etc. Just having the local knowledge in a completely different place - very cool.

If you think living in a cesspool like Pattaya for a "regular" life is going to be you're in for a rude shock.

Life in Thailand is very much normal and difficult even if you live in a regular city like Chiang Mai or even more so start moving towards hill towns.

And just for the record, Ive stayed for various durations ranging from 1 week to 2 months in Thailand over the last 2 years, from way up North to all the way down South. Great to visit, don't think I'd want to live there.

As for the topic of this thread, I totally agree, thats why i work hard in Australia, then *swearing filters own me* off for about 2-3 months every year to spend time in various parts of the world. Reality of life is you gota work unfortunately, but trying to look into options of combining travel and work into one, would be nice :)

I also really pity the close minded people who will never leave AUstralia because they feel no need ot see the world.

i live in adelaide, i dont even need to go overseas to get depressed going home.

nah like i love living here, good base, but you gotta travel to keep ur sanity. it was kinda ok to get back here last time after being overseas for 6 months, but the latest time i was only away for a month, so was still fresh and wanted to do more, came straight from osaka to adl and was just like fml.