Sign in to follow this  
Rolled Cambers

Newb DSLR pics

Ok so as you all know i bought a new canon 69D dslr.

Ive never bought something like this, so.. complicated lol

Anyways i took some pics last night at the european bier cafe, pretty awesome place.

Basically i was playing around with the aperture, shutter speed and iso.. thats.. all you do right? lol

Except you have to adjust them accordingly together so you get the best results.

This is how the pics came up like.

Snap 001.jpg

Snap 012.JPG

Snap 016.JPG

Snap 017.JPG

Snap 028.JPG

Snap 037.JPG

Snap 042.JPG

Snap 046.JPG

Snap 049.JPG

I didn't want them to turn out like this.. some look cool some not, but its all point and shoot and adjust things i dont know what they do lol!

I know what aperture is, and shutter speed and iso, but like.. combine them is difficult :(

the slower the shutter speed the more steady you have to hold the camera otherwise any little movements will result in a blur. also the higher the aperture like f22 the slower the shutter speed needed to allow more light in, you can bump the iso up aswell to keep the shutter speed up. im a newbie too at this and only just got a 550d

the slower the shutter speed the more steady you have to hold the camera otherwise any little movements will result in a blur. also the higher the aperture like f22 the slower the shutter speed needed to allow more light in, you can bump the iso up aswell to keep the shutter speed up. im a newbie too at this and only just got a 550d

yeah i just figured it out, kinda, although in low light its harder, also why is it when i put it in "M" instead of "AV" its alot darker, even when i bump up the aperture? on AV its good, im shooting in manual, not auto.

if i up the apeture, F22, and shutter speed is high, will that result in a low light picture? or should the shutter be slower? except ill have to hold it steady right?

yeah i just figured it out, kinda, although in low light its harder, also why is it when i put it in "M" instead of "AV" its alot darker, even when i bump up the aperture? on AV its good, im shooting in manual, not auto.

if i up the apeture, F22, and shutter speed is high, will that result in a low light picture? or should the shutter be slower? except ill have to hold it steady right?

in av mode you can can change the aperture setting and the camera will automatically change the shutter speed and also iso(if set to auto) but in M mode you will need to set the shutter speed and aperture manually.

f22 with fast shutter speed will result in a low lit picture because with f22 the hole that lets the light through to the sensor is small so in order to get enough light you'll need to set a slower shutter speed and depending how slow the shutter speed is you may need a tripod or something to hold it very still.

ah ok i get it, so i need to open up the aperture, and slow the shutter speed.

say im taking pictures in a club, what settings would i need?

fully opened aperture, with a slow shutter? high iso? i mean i cant walk in with a tripod lol.

using the flash in M mode or Av or Tv will have limited effects due to its range and the camera ability to fire it after the shutter speed goes past 1/250th of a sec...

grab the manual and read it before posting again... there is alot in there even if some of it reallllly basic...

M

Lots of good info in here for you.

Im closing this thread. Use the current one.

Thanks