Sign in to follow this  
Malifor

Canon EF 300mm f/4L

Hey guys, i have a canon 5d mkii and looking for a bit more zoom for sports photography. anyone had any experience with the fixed 300mm f4 lens? seems to be the goods...

and if so, any samples?

just googled the lens, its huge!

here is a link to photos taken with that lens, some stunning images there

enjoy

4797364670_ccb14f3098_z.jpg

300 F4 is a good start the 400F5.6 is also a nice lense to play with (lighter and easier to handle)

it all depends on how / what you want to shoot...

300 imo is too short for "motorsport"

Drift is hard to shoot with a fixed lense.. as the cars change size shape VERY quickly...

M

300 F4 is a good start the 400F5.6 is also a nice lense to play with (lighter and easier to handle)

it all depends on how / what you want to shoot...

300 imo is too short for "motorsport"

Drift is hard to shoot with a fixed lense.. as the cars change size shape VERY quickly...

M

any particular lens you would recommend?? Don't mind spending the $$$ for the right lens...

my first L was a Canon 100-400, but its really only good in full sun, and works quite well when you get used to it, wouldnt be as sharp and nice as a 300 F4, but will give you a fair reach and its a good starting point...

pick pne up for about 2k probably less now that the USD is so low...

M

my first L was a Canon 100-400, but its really only good in full sun, and works quite well when you get used to it, wouldnt be as sharp and nice as a 300 F4, but will give you a fair reach and its a good starting point...

pick pne up for about 2k probably less now that the USD is so low...

M

im currently using the 70-200 2.8, would it be better to just save the dollars and buy a 2x extender? I'm just concerned how it'll effect the quality... any experience with that?

Sign in to follow this