Sign in to follow this  
Dickie_619

Jobs That Pay Decent Cash $$$

^^ LOL ok Taxi Nazi

did u get raped by a taxi driver or something lmao

Similar option is taxi driver. Make big $ especially on the weekend.

lol

Driving taxis is shit money, unless you own your own plates... and from memory they cost around the 250K mark.

Those that drive taxis and work for someone else, they only pocket 50% of each fare. Most taxi drivers need to work 12 hour shifts to make a half decent living, and even then, they're lucky to rake in $200 a day. This is why you always see rag heads behind wheel of taxis as they're the only one's willing to perform this type of work.

LOL bullshit

Friday and saturday night a few of my mates used to rake in average $600 CLEAR total consistently

Got them through Uni and even more

Total of 24 hours work

In Sydney

More than some people make in a week

:lol:

More than some people make in a week!? On a Maccas wage maybe..

$600 is SHIT money... especially considering that it is weekend night work... and for 24 hours lol. I made the same getting penalty rates in the retail industry working half the hours during the day.

FACT: Taxi driving is shit pay and a shit job fullstop and should not have even been mentioned in this thread.

What job was that?

Similar option is taxi driver. Make big $$ especially on the weekend.

lol

Driving taxis is shit money, unless you own your own plates... and from memory they cost around the 250K mark.

Those that drive taxis and work for someone else, they only pocket 50% of each fare. Most taxi drivers need to work 12 hour shifts to make a half decent living, and even then, they're lucky to rake in $200 a day. This is why you always see rag heads behind wheel of taxis as they're the only one's willing to perform this type of work.

LOL bullshit

Friday and saturday night a few of my mates used to rake in average $600 CLEAR total consistently

Total of 24 hours work

In Sydney

but then being a taxi driver you sometimes gotta deal with unpleasant people

$600 for 24 hours work is $25 an hour.. I get paid more on weekends working at a bar at a golf club, where i get guaranteed income, don't have to work crazy long shifts, etc. It would take a lot more than an average of $25 an hour to make me give up a fixed wage.

Similar option is taxi driver. Make big $ especially on the weekend.

lol

LOL bullshit

Total of 24 hours work

In Sydney

:lol:

More than some people make in a week!? On a Maccas wage maybe..

$600 is SHIT money... especially considering that it is weekend night work... and for 24 hours lol. I made the same getting penalty rates in the retail industry working half the hours during the day.

FACT: Taxi driving is shit pay and a shit job fullstop and should not have even been mentioned in this thread.

THIS ^^^ 10x

Not the best job but used to work @ Coles a few years back and the pay was $20.80 or something if your over 21 years of age. Not too bad for easy work

Edited by SSS-X

I was a taxi driver.

it's a shit job.

my dad owns taxis. its all going downhill.

get a job at a bar somewhere, anywhere from 24 an hour upwards

awesome work and if you got a good boss the benefits of it are endless

^^ LOL ok Taxi Nazi

did u get raped by a taxi driver or something lmao

Hahaahahah!!!

get a job at a bar somewhere, anywhere from 24 an hour upwards

awesome work and if you got a good boss the benefits of it are endless

+ 1 for bar work.

Get to look at hotties all night, you can get tipped, have a few drinks if your boss is a good bloke and the rates are excellent.

Downsides are don't think you'll be having much weekend fun unless you have an awesome boss and don't bother if you don't like loud music or late nights.

I think half of you are forgetting that he said he needs a quick job for a few months only... He's probably almost done, by the date of this thread lol...

It's bullshit trying to search for a job with no previous experience. I'm in the middle of trying to find an apprenticeship in refrigeration and quit a bullshit sales job that I had at the start of the year...but I need to find a job as cash reserves are running low. Those job sites need a search filter for 'no experience required'. You type that in, and all that comes up are sales/marketing jobs....something I never ever want to do again (done it for 7 years...over it). I don't want to be dealing with customers at all. I applied for some industrial/factory work, but keep getting knocked back cause I have no experience...wtf kind of experience do you need for factory work :S

^^ Just add some fluff in your resume. I started a with ceva logistics 2 weeks ago with a little previous warehouse experience and this week i will clear $1100(working a 45hour week) pretty decent in my books. As far as warehouses go they are great. If you really want to get into warehousing you should get you forkie license and go from there.

^^ Just add some fluff in your resume. I started a with ceva logistics 2 weeks ago with a little previous warehouse experience and this week i will clear $1100(working a 45hour week) pretty decent in my books. As far as warehouses go they are great. If you really want to get into warehousing you should get you forkie license and go from there.

I've had a fork license for years now from when I worked at a hardware store... Hmm... I did fluff it up for sales jobs, so no reason I can't do the same for warehousing lol... Never thought of those kind of jobs.. this might give me some new searching material.

That's the sort of thing I need. Good quick money without particularly caring for what I do (as long as it doesnt involve talking to customers).

Yeah no talking with customer's and there is generally always overtime if you want it. If you want to punch in and punch out and be left to your own devices then warehouse work definitely is the right place to start.

+1 for forklifts. i was working at a warehouse cold storage place, sit around do jack sh*T got paid 26 an hour just unloading pallets off trucks.

Mate, don't muck about, come over to WA, head up to the northwest, mining boom in progress nothing less than 80K.

Mate, don't muck about, come over to WA, head up to the northwest, mining boom in progress nothing less than 80K.

All well and good if you got a couple of years to burn...When you're 25 and desperately needing to start and finish an apprenticeship or just need some short time work in general, it's a bit of an inconvenience.

I think driving taxis is a good idea - decent money and don't really need much skill.

Design drafting - Tafe qualification, im 19, earn 55k? decent?

Investment Banker if you can break into it :)

i do 45hr a week $1200 after tax. easy cause i sit in my office making orders and telling ppl what to do. but i do carry alot of responibilty

preetyy easy money tho

retail sales manager.

Whoa!

Tell me more please! Who do I need to contact?

Whoa!

Tell me more please! Who do I need to contact?

im also interested in a mining company that will take on someone with no mining experience?

Haha find me a company that takes green horns be very hard an to get into a coal mine can cost a shit load for coal medical competencies etc

if your in Townsville I can get you a job pays $1500+ a week that's after tax. Doing bugger all driving dump truck long hours though.

Also I have experience in mining and quarrying an I find it's hard to get into mining jobs. It comes down to the old saying alot of the time "it's not what you know it's who you know"

civil earthmoving and construction labourer.

i was in a office for 5 yrs doing insurance work (sales, claims, underwriting and broking) i got sick of it and left with out another job lined up.

if your north or south and want some production line/factory work google cozwine recruitment. i worked for them for about 4 weeks as a casual. but i was getting consistent work (5 days/nights a week) and becaused i was on the bottling line at the end of the shift we always got to take home bottles of wine.

i got in contact with an earthmoving company, went to the site office and spoke to the foremen. after a conversation and he said start monday and well see how you go i've been there since november 2009 and f**king love my job. the first 6-7 months were pretty hard work, they try to break you, wear you out, try to get you snap. Example. when i first started i got put with a backhoe operator (JCB 3cxsite master with iso pattern sticks) i was told we have to dig watermain and that he would show me what to do. his idea of showing me what to do was digging a trench between 600mm and 1100mm in depth as and then go hammer and tongs for 8 hours and my job was to tell him if he was to deep or to high, he never said a word back to me. second day involved me "bedding the trench" he descibed that as "put 100mm of sand in the bottom, make it level and move on...." what he didn't tell me was that every single time he came in to tip sand in with the backhoe, it was a full load every single time, a full bucket was roughly 2 tonne..... i was shoveling 2 tonne of wet sand spreading it to 100mm thick, and then doing the same thing again for 8 hrs. it went on like this for about 3 months. hard, exhausting work, being yelled at every now and again. getting into storm water drains and side entry pits and cleaning them with shovels, crawling up storm water pipes and cutting culverts in sewer manholes. after 3 months and without a word he started taking it easy on me, sanding a trench now involved nothing from me, he did it himself, to the exact level, every single time, we started talking and were goof mates and work was getting very easy, no more digging around watermain, gas lines or power. he would do the bulk of the work with the digger and i would only have to flick abit of dirt or whatever around and we were done, he would even get out and help me occasionally and he taught me how to operate the backhoe (loader and diggger) drive the dump trucks and lasers and mini excavators. everything was great we were cruising along. then my foreman puts me with another backhoe operator.......

for the next 5 months it was like i had just started all over again, except this operator talked to me.... not really talked but shouted.... and only shouted a couple things.... imagine being stuck in a trench, sun burning, eyes filled with dust, muscles aching and you have this guy, sitting in his airconditioned cab drinking softdrinks and coffee, eating delicious italian food that his mum makes for him (which he now shares) and he's been yelling "SHOVEL *milkshake*!!!" every day for the last 5 months followed by "if you can't do this, get the f**k to centrelink" and "what you do today is the exact same thing you do tomorrow, if you can't f**king get that through your head in three weeks, f**k off the centrelink *milkshake*" followed by swearing at me in italian. "Pezzo di merda, Testa di cazzo, figlio di puttana, . well, as i said, after a 8 combined months of this, i lost it "Listen you f**king dago, i'm in the f**king trench, you put that f**king bucket where i tell you to, you dig where i f**king tell you to dig, because you can shove this shovel if you think i'm going to keep going like this......" him "oh is that how it's going to be?" me " f**king oath thats how its going to be....if the one with the shovel in the trench, i'm the boss." him "its about time you said something you segaiolo (wanker). and since that day when have never had a problem, he's taught me to use his backhoe which is SAE (excav pattern) taught me to use the grader, roller, excavators, loaders.

I originally only took this job because i wanted to get laboring experience and head out to the mines with Lucas earthmovers or terramin etc etc. but they we all look out for each other, beers almost every friday night, the occasional bonfire and we get shit done and i get to play around with some fairly big machines (30 tonne excav, 40 tonne compactor with dozer blade and the old faithfull euclid R22 dump truck.)

if you think you can handle that first 8-9 months of hell and hardwork. i would suggest try the earthmoving and civil construction im casual work 6 days a week from 7-4 most days and with an hourly rate close to $24 with double time over 8 hrs and double time on saturdays after the first 3 and alday sunday when works available. the only bad thing i can say for me, is i started smoking again after having quit for like 3 yrs. but just being outside weather its rain hail or shine and being able to light up when ever i want. don't get me wrong, when i first started i was 123kgs and i'm now 100kgs, i lost 10kgs in the first week shoveling all that sand. its a good job, i reckon there might be a couple people on here who do the same thing or as an operator i remember someone else from sa was talking about a large fuel bill or something. but there is plenty of companies in SA who do this sort of work and there is always available.

what did the origial poster end up deciding to do? ive read all through this thread and realized alot of people are saying to get jobs that are hard to get into or that require a certificate or qualification. Id say do something relate to your degree if thats where youre heading in the future. Thats what i did, and i wouldnt look back

Get on in the mines. Since i started iv'e been putting a grand a week into saving's no drama's and still able to go to fly to bali/east coast etc on break's.