Sign in to follow this  
YogiR33

VicDrift Practice Day - December 2010

so what time does winton open? for the drivers to get into pits

and what time does scrutineering start?

7:45 gates open, 8:30ish scrutineering. first session will be approx 9:30

antonio bit over excited. every post i see from you youve posted this vid :lol:

Don't forget your tyres its only 2 days away. We have them all, Zeta, Federal,Neuton, Sunfall, plus I still have a handfull of old stock at $65 each 215, 225, 235 45 17.

will you be bringing up 16's??

cars running like shit atm soo annoyed!

thats it were done see you all up there.

Yes we will have 16's

will you be bringing up 16's??

cars running like shit atm soo annoyed!

Edited by Lgee

Up at benalla now clear skies and sunny with wind juSt had swim in pool!

There were lot of locust on way up as well

Quality day! Good to have a dry one haha

Had a stupid amount of spin outs before lunch... Need extra lock knuckles! Haha. By the end of the day I got the hang of linking the end of the M section and had a couple of good links through the S's (but a fair few spin outs). So hard to keep speed in my car haha.

Flow was awesome! Was in B class and it was really smooth and seemed like everyone still got good space between them for the singles. Made it so much better getting so many runs in.

Got some good photos and videos so will have a video up soon! Will be having an edit some time in the next week or so so hopefully will have something up.

Thanks to the guys who let me put my GoPro on for a session. Got some wicked video!

N/A REPPIN!!!

yeh b class flow was so much better then last time, had hardly any orange lights or waiting. I improved a bit since last time, but had heaps of issues with intercooler piping after 3 which was annoying.

yeh flow was sick....spewing i ran out of tyres lol 3 brand new pairs...though bent tie rod sent me home

Wow what a day perfect weather awsome flow for most of the day not to much carage pretty sure most people will be happy, our effort 2 pairs of zetas 3 pairs of federals 2 pairs of mayruns and 8 pairs of neutons ........ Yeah I think we did ok ha ha ha.

Good to finally see blingy out there dude you did well first time I seen you sliding since drift fest ha ha

Pitty some of the more experienced regs wernt there though.

Will have plenty of vids in a few days.

Thanks heaps to wheel tech for there fine support and top notch service,

And a super dooper thanks to yoshi and the Vic drift crew for enabling us to do this stuff.

Win

The one tailers Daz, Steve and Zeph were doing on the front straight were helping the tyre murder haha I even saw a half metre strip of rubber fly off Steve's car when munjing the back straight :lol:

Blingy was tearing that bitch up!! The stockies (185's) at the start + 280rwkw = lulz!

Carnage was definitely kept to a minimum, a certain maroon r32 was running 6deg positive camber after colliding with something hard and the champagne sil80 collected his front end 2 meetings in a row :( feel for the kid but its part of the game ay

Quality day! Good to have a dry one haha

Had a stupid amount of spin outs before lunch... Need extra lock knuckles! Haha. By the end of the day I got the hang of linking the end of the M section and had a couple of good links through the S's (but a fair few spin outs). So hard to keep speed in my car haha.

Flow was awesome! Was in B class and it was really smooth and seemed like everyone still got good space between them for the singles. Made it so much better getting so many runs in.

Got some good photos and videos so will have a video up soon! Will be having an edit some time in the next week or so so hopefully will have something up.

Thanks to the guys who let me put my GoPro on for a session. Got some wicked video!

N/A REPPIN!!!

yeh b class flow was so much better then last time, had hardly any orange lights or waiting. I improved a bit since last time, but had heaps of issues with intercooler piping after 3 which was annoying.

yeh flow was sick....spewing i ran out of tyres lol 3 brand new pairs...though bent tie rod sent me home

haha seems like I did an alright job! Was good that we didnt have too many delays and a BIG THANKYOU goes out to Pinky for dealing with the situation that would have otherwise stripped the B class of any time in their first session to have a near full track session time allocation!

On a personal note thankyou to the VDC crew (Yoshi, Rob, Tony (BLACK JESUS), Waz, Cat and everyone else) for allowing me to run the start line, for the laughs during lunch and for a fantastically run practice day.

Also just wanted to add that the rules were being enforced with parity and fairness, people are respecting this and that respect is returned with the winton team not breathing down OUR throats for every little thing, thus allowing the day to run the even without being hassled.

CANNOT WAIT FOR 2011!!

cheers donny and issac. was sooooo good to get back into it, was blazing hard my first session with my super secret tyres (tyres i found in the pile at home 3 years in the sun 255/40s :lol: )

and sif i went out on stockies hahah.

managed to f**k the 1j too. rings are farked. time for a re-build and bigger turbo i think :lol:

cheers to the vicdrift crew for running a awesome day.

had a blast on my first drift day @ winton.

car made it thru the day trouble free apart from my cooler pipe diciding to scrap the ground a few times lol resulting in a hole in it :(

cant say the same for my iphone, which i left on my windscreen and came off as i entered on to the track.

anybody got any pics of the white 32 with the black meisters on the front.?

what was smoking from your engine bay at the start line blingy..??

ooooooooooo!! sucks about the phone man..

the oil breather hose popped off and half my enginebay and exhaust manifold was covered in oil :S

and yeah if anyone has pics or vid of my steamer (car 228 blue S14a with no front bar and white rear quaters) hit me up :D

if anyone has footage of the r32 2 door hitting the wall can they please post it up i was passanger and found it pretty funny and my mate driving will to

anyways just want to say man of the day for me was zeph in his street forced s14 you have come so far so quickly with just a few track days should get a team street forced dk shirt or some thing lol :P

and onc again great event hey keep getting better and smoother

cheers tom

Just got home. A big thanks goes out to everyone who made the day possible. All the Vicdrift crew for their insurmountable contributions. Winton Safety for doing an incredibly efficient job, by getting cars onto tow trucks quickly minimising downtime. All of the volunteers, media, wheel tech etc and anyone I may have left out. Start line flow was epic. Sleep now.

great day with great traffic flow

my day could've went a bit better though, some wiring issues and a bent tie rod which later snapped while parking in the pits were my main issues

HUGE THANKS to Brun who had a spare tie rod he didn't mind giving me, which allowed me to fix the car before the end of the day, so i could drive to work

none the less i had fun when i was on the track

any photos of car 109B White 180

Such a good drift day!

Car was balls from the first corner! But managed to battle the day away and have the best fun I have ever had at winton! Good times

Damage: lots of gaskets , head gasket , turbo gasket , manifold gasket. Car sounds mint! ;)

Cheers everyone

Rad day. Flow again was great after the first two sessions! Car went well all day! Very fun!

Naww Donny it was the vest...without it I wouldn't have done such a fine job.

Ohhhhh thats gay as bling, time for forgies and a GT35 and nos for ohhhh i dunno 500rwkw hahha and it sounds like those 245/40's were marinating that whole time before you used them :lol:

Did anyone else see Jos' new car that has full backing from the mardi GRAS association? The glitter suits him haha

Was good to drive Winton again after so long, didnt feel to comfortable in the car at the start of the day but eventually started to get a handle of the thing. Also apologies for the big hold up at the end of the first pro session, steering knuckle got stuck ON TOP of my LCA so it was locked on full lock until we lifted it onto the truck (all weight off the LCA) and it freed up. Ill have to weld some lock stops into it I think. Was only the second time the car has left the shed, so theres always going to be issues with a car full of bits out of commodoores/nissans/toyotas.

As for flow, yes it was good. BUT, on multiple occasions myself and others were sent out right behind cars that were retuning to the pits slowly and would get held up. This frustrated me immensly, I think if a car needs to go to the pits it should be sent out right behind a tandem group if possible. Not infront.

Also to the person that would go out in the front of a tandem line (without naming name) only to grip the whole back M's slowly to form a gap to the car in front so they could do the front S's "faster" thanks for wasting our time. I think Lindsay in the blue two tone S13 gave you a good idea of how much we appreciated you doing that.

All in all a good day. Looking forward to next years callendar, going to be a big year I think.

photos of black sil80, white front quater panel and white te's number 122 pleeease

Man what a awesome day that was! First time I had driven the car and it ran so well in the morning, ended up smashing the gear box and my 28/71r is now well and truly dead! Oh well it was worth it! Pics of 218 (the ghetto looking sil)