Sign in to follow this  
Lude

What to get? Hmmm

Hey guys,

I've recently been looking into getting a new car. I've been looking for s13's but in SA there seems to be a lack of decent ones for sale, maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Anyway I wanted to ask how much an s13 sr20det manual would be landed? My price range is 6.5k-8k. I can accept scratched paint and little things in the same nature. As long as its mechanicaly sound.

Hope you can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks.

Unless you happened to fluke a 1988 model with an SR20 conversion, it's gonna be cheaper for you to buy locally with your budget. Try posting in the WTB section, you might get some takers there.

Alrightie, So that budget wont get me anything decent?. May I ask what you would roughly pay for a decent s13 landed?

Alrightie, So that budget wont get me anything decent?. May I ask what you would roughly pay for a decent s13 landed?

Well depends on what you mean by decent. Would be much easier to find a nice S13 in Australia. But I have seen nicely treated ones with low kms go for around 500,000 yen mark. Ofcourse, if your lucky enough to find a decent 1988 model, you could get in and pay less in compliance but you would still have to source a few parts, i.e. child restaints, etc.

Cost of car in Japan - Y500,000 approx - $6,500

Agent fee for purchase - 1000

Customs agent fee in Aus - 500

Shipping - 800

Duty/Taxes - $2000

Compliance - $2000

Tyres - $1000

Rego - $700

= $14,500

It's pretty tricky - nay, almost impossible - to fine an excellent condition S13 these days, let alone a 1988 one with an SR20DET conversion.

Chef got very lucky with my car, which was a 1988 S13 Ks (CA18DET automatic) one-owner genuine 70,000km. Car ended up very economical to get on the road, I'd rather not discuss pricing though. An almost identical one with less kms but in manual came up later but cost a lot more if I recall correctly - can you confirm this Chef?

I would just keep your eyes peeled within Aus, don't discount looking in other states either.