Sign in to follow this  
vozdra

cheapest place to buy dslr online

hey guys,

i've been meaning to get a dslr for a while now but have been putting it off for a while. With the dollar being as strong as it is, where are the cheapest places to buy?

digitalrev seems ok. they have sold a shit load of stuff on ebay

also if you buy stuff from overseas (grey import) the warranty is usually in the country you bought it from.

just say there is an issue with your new DSLR, you would have to sent back Overseas for repair

I still buy my stuff from discount digital photographics in sydney, they bring in their own stuff and their prices are very good :thumbsup:

Ive purchased from HK many times.

Digital rev is great. you MUST opt for the international MAC warranty though.

There are canon reps that accept MAC warranties for grey imports. Although Digitalrevs Aus contact is unfortunately in NSW at the moment. But you may be able to find local non NSW repair/suppliers that will accept MAC.

And Aus dollar doesnt effect HK sellers, because the prices are always stagnant.

If you go purchase 3rd party accessories though, like from dealextreme, indisystems etc, then yes, AUS $ is good , as they trade in USD $.

ebays awsome for good deals, just bought a canon 550d brand new with kit lens for bout $500 cheaper than i could find in the shops

bh is a big american store, definitely not the cheapest place to buy a dslr.

I got most of my lighting setup from them though, they are quite good just not cheap :thumbsup:

your local store will give you service that online stores cannot do...

i have heard horror stories that would make some of you nose bleed

spend the extra $$$ its worth it in the end...

i have NOTHING in my bag that is grey... and have never had an issue...

M

Sign in to follow this