Sign in to follow this  
slamd

other things i need for my build

hey guys im starting to collect parts for the s15 i will soon have they go as follows

Hks 3037s turbo kit

sard 850 injectors (whats the difference in the low imp and high)

AEM EMS

boost guage

turbo timer

cams

FMIC

buddy club spec 3 exhaust w/ test pipe

is there anything else that your guys would suggest to go with the turbo kit as far as maxing out the system for all that its worth aside from just tearing apart the block:whistle:?

cheers

dB

Piss the turbo timer off, total waste of money

What kind of cams you running?

Defiantly will need a upgraded fuel pump like a Bosche 040 or Walbro

Will also need sooner rather than later:

New Clutch and Flywheel

New Gear box - best do a R33/Z32 5 speed conversion.

New Brakes - Atleast upgraded pads and rotors.

Piss the turbo timer off, total waste of money

What kind of cams you running?

Defiantly will need a upgraded fuel pump like a Bosche 040 or Walbro

Will also need sooner rather than later:

New Clutch and Flywheel

New Gear box - best do a R33/Z32 5 speed conversion.

New Brakes - Atleast upgraded pads and rotors.

hks step II

12mm lift

264 duration

basic mid-high range cams

word of advice..

HKS turbos are darn expensive for what you get.

Sard injectors suck..

AEM Ecu .. expensive why bother..

turbo timer why bother..

you will need a stronger BOV.. thats if you want to run one.. stock spring is too soft,

fuel pump

gearbox

slotted rotors better pads,

and some handling mods, sways springs and decent rubber and rims

intercooler, pod

you will also need springs for your cams, camgears

When it comes to some things the difference between a few kw's can be a hell of alot of money and you need to question why you are paying the extra for and how much extra benefit it will give you.

and 8k to do it....on the china cheap that is......brands will cost a lot more.

i just went through all this and i'm now broke for the next few years...until i sell the car.

word of advice..

HKS turbos are darn expensive for what you get.

Sard injectors suck..

AEM Ecu .. expensive why bother..

turbo timer why bother..

you will need a stronger BOV.. thats if you want to run one.. stock spring is too soft,

fuel pump

gearbox

slotted rotors better pads,

and some handling mods, sways springs and decent rubber and rims

intercooler, pod

you will also need springs for your cams, camgears

When it comes to some things the difference between a few kw's can be a hell of alot of money and you need to question why you are paying the extra for and how much extra benefit it will give you.

thanks for the info not just you but everybody

(i dont plan on keeping the turbo its prob not even going on the car i want to swap it for a GT3071)

bought

cam gears

RAS

and looking for a fuel pump

Just a word of warning, that BuddyClub exhaust is daaamn loud. It seems to flow bloody well, great for power, but I had to get another 12" resonator in mine to get rid of the massive drone and to get it to a reasonable idle volume... and its still loud but I can listen to a CD at 80 clicks now.

Only ever consider a turbo timer if u have an oil cooled only turbo such as a trust etc.

Water cooled cores don't need them

Sard injectors get the thumbs down beacuse of the adapters and collars an other B.S you have to fit to them to get them in the fuel rail.. well thats my experience with them anyway..

Only ever consider a turbo timer if u have an oil cooled only turbo such as a trust etc.

Water cooled cores don't need them

thats good to know, thank you for that. it was next on my list to buy

Sard injectors get the thumbs down beacuse of the adapters and collars an other B.S you have to fit to them to get them in the fuel rail.. well thats my experience with them anyway..

what injectors would you suggest that are at least 850's (and could you possibly tell me the difference in low impendence and high i know what the literal meaning is but what does this have to do with the way the injector flows?)

what injectors would you suggest that are at least 850's (and could you possibly tell me the difference in low impendence and high i know what the literal meaning is but what does this have to do with the way the injector flows?)

Why do you need to have 850cc injectors? Planning to run E85? What sort of power are you chasing?

If your not planning to run E85, then 740 injectors should have enough flow to support your current mod list. I would run with either Tomeis or Nismos. If you do 'have' to run 850s then look into power enterprise, they are pretty good and well priced.

I'd also add a Nismo adjustable fuel pressure reg to your list, a Kelway steampipe manifold and consider going external gate with a Tial MVS 38mm gate. If you don't want to go down this path, then the steam pipe manifold is optional, but worth the money. Also, a must with big power/dollar builds is the trusty old oil pressure guage. And maybe a surge tank setup if your looking to do track days.

Why do you need to have 850cc injectors? Planning to run E85? What sort of power are you chasing?

If your not planning to run E85, then 740 injectors should have enough flow to support your current mod list. I would run with either Tomeis or Nismos. If you do 'have' to run 850s then look into power enterprise, they are pretty good and well priced.

I'd also add a Nismo adjustable fuel pressure reg to your list, a Kelway steampipe manifold and consider going external gate with a Tial MVS 38mm gate. If you don't want to go down this path, then the steam pipe manifold is optional, but worth the money. Also, a must with big power/dollar builds is the trusty old oil pressure guage. And maybe a surge tank setup if your looking to do track days.

im looking for about 372rwkw i want some serious power and the reason i thought i wanted to run 850's was because i would be 100% certain that i wouldnt max them out going WOT

Shooting for that kind of power, I would definitly go down the E85 path, will make it safer at those power levels and will get you there easier.

For E85 you will need: Twin 044 external pumps, surge tank, some inline fuel filters (at a minimum you want 2 after the external pumps) adjustable fuel pressure reg, some 1000cc injectors or bigger (so you don't have to worry about maxing them out). You probably also want to consider upgrading your ignition system with a HKS twin spark setup or something similar.

You'll also want to get your hands on a firing order manifold or possibly even switch over to a twin scroll setup to keep any sort of response with a turbo that big on a stock capacity SR.

372rwkw (a very specific power figure...???) is a lot of power for an SR. Seems a little over the top to me, unless you want a 10 sec drag car or a tyre shredding drifter. Even so, it would be easier and more efficient to make less power and take as much weight out of the car as possible...

Hope that helps.

thanks alot guys :rolleyes: it really did help 372rwkw is about 500hp which was what i thought i wanted then i started reading on, and found out its more about power to weight. yet i still want to be somewhere in the 275-300rwkw range that way i will have monster power on tap but not suck up all the gas. im looking for an all-around car. one that i can take to the track open up on the hwy and be comfortable in (mind you i used to drag race at the track as a kid so im used to the rough) thanks for all the input

thanks alot guys :rolleyes: it really did help 372rwkw is about 500hp which was what i thought i wanted then i started reading on, and found out its more about power to weight. yet i still want to be somewhere in the 275-300rwkw range that way i will have monster power on tap but not suck up all the gas. im looking for an all-around car. one that i can take to the track open up on the hwy and be comfortable in (mind you i used to drag race at the track as a kid so im used to the rough) thanks for all the input

My build thread. Read it. I have everything you could want and all the details and problems have been found and sorted. Should give you an idea of how much work it takes to get these sorts of power figures and do it reliably.