Sign in to follow this  
Flying180

Hardtuned.net Feedback thread

Out of curiosity, who uses the New Classifieds?

There is already a Template within the "New Classifieds: http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/

Once people list an ad there, it also get's put into a forum section. This is why there are currently 2 similar sections, the old forum, and the new classifieds+forum.

Example of New Classified (all laid out on a template):http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/viewlisting.php?view=4578

And how it looks when it automatically gets listed in the forum view: http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=464457&st=0&p=5964084&fromsearch=1&&do=findComment&comment=5964084

It's much neater, and has a similar template to what has previously been mentioned.

Maybe it's time to get rid of the old forum only classifieds and start pushing people to use the new classifieds+forum??

Have a good look, and see what could be done.

Eh, I suppose if you forced everyone to use the new system they would use it, but I think most people are happy with the current forum system and see no need to change.

Those that don't put enough info in their for sale ads don't sell things and are quickly told to put more info in, so that fixes that problem.

I haven't tried to use the new system so can't comment on how user friendly it is, (please don't take that as an invitation to force us to use the new one).

I think they should get rid of the new classified section hardly anyone uses it, it may look pretty to some but i think it looks sloppy and is probably harder to use for some people also i don't think latest wheels,latest parts, used parts etc are needed. get rid of that whole section and keep the old but maybe throw in a EOI/SWAPS section :)

The old style is a lot better i think easy to use easy to browse just needs someone to keep on top of it regarding eoi: threads and flaming due to price, copy parts etc...

P.S. I put my hand up for that position a few days ago via: Spandex

Hey flying,

I remember when the new classifieds was 'open to the public' and the general reaction was, "why fix something that isn't broke?".

As a user I've found the old for sale threads much much easier to understand and communicate. I also think from a new user point of view, the new section is hard to get used to, as most other car forums use our old style.

The old style is much easier to search as well, say if I'm looking for a 180sx for sale in Adelaide, i can select Cars For Sale > SA. with the new style, you browse all cars, and then sort by location, but yet you still need to look through all the cars to get to the SA section.

& most of the time its pretty buggy, in the 2nd link you posted, clicking on Jump to Forum View or add reply makes me back to http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/

Although is should be added, due to the first glimpse at the new classified section, it seemed hard and cluttered, so I didn't stick around to figure it out.

Enforce subject/title formatting like

[state] Product Information - $PRICE

so people can just skim over the top and see

[VIC] Lights, Bumper, Interior Bits - From $20

[sA] Apexi Boost Controller - $250+ Shipping

[TAS] My Sisters Underwear - $FREE TO GOOD HOME

[sA] 2 x dori tyres, 215/45/R17, good cond - $100 each

:lol:

Eh, I suppose if you forced everyone to use the new system they would use it, but I think most people are happy with the current forum system and see no need to change.

They're not though....

I think they should get rid of the new classified section hardly anyone uses it, it may look pretty to some but i think it looks sloppy and is probably harder to use for some people also i don't think latest wheels,latest parts, used parts etc are needed. get rid of that whole section and keep the old but maybe throw in a EOI/SWAPS section :)

The old style is a lot better i think easy to use easy to browse just needs someone to keep on top of it regarding eoi: threads and flaming due to price, copy parts etc...

How is the older section easier to browse?

The new section you can search via category, or browse in the forum view just like you would in the older (current) section. So the only difference is you have another way you can search/browse

Hey flying,

I remember when the new classifieds was 'open to the public' and the general reaction was, "why fix something that isn't broke?".

As a user I've found the old for sale threads much much easier to understand and communicate. I also think from a new user point of view, the new section is hard to get used to, as most other car forums use our old style.

The old style is much easier to search as well, say if I'm looking for a 180sx for sale in Adelaide, i can select Cars For Sale > SA. with the new style, you browse all cars, and then sort by location, but yet you still need to look through all the cars to get to the SA section.

& most of the time its pretty buggy, in the 2nd link you posted, clicking on Jump to Forum View or add reply makes me back to http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/

Although is should be added, due to the first glimpse at the new classified section, it seemed hard and cluttered, so I didn't stick around to figure it out.

As above, it really isn't harder to search or browse, just most people haven't tried as 'why change'.

You cans still use the 'old style' to search.

Considering how many people complain about the classifieds section, i think a change is needed and warranted.

The new section you can search via category, or browse in the forum view just like you would in the older (current) section. So the only difference is you have another way you can search/browse

the new classifieds take too long to load, i only use the forum classifieds.

There isn't enough items in there to justify a "Search by category" feature. On the first page of the "Engine Cooling & Exhaust" there are items that go back to Aug 15th (2 months) and there is wheels and a bodykit in there... They should all be combined.

The photo-on-the-left system is very cool, but its just too hard to "browse" through

What do you mean 'load'?

As in, submit an advert?

It may take longer to submit an advert via the new section, but at least it puts it in an easy to understand template, categorized adverts, eliminates spam, and also eliminates the need for basic moderation.

There isn't enough items in there to justify a "Search by category" feature. On the first page of the "Engine Cooling & Exhaust" there are items that go back to Aug 15th (2 months) and there is wheels and a bodykit in there... They should all be combined.

The photo-on-the-left system is very cool, but its just too hard to "browse" through

That's because no one is using it!

(You can see by the replies in this thread that most people haven't even attempted to submit an ad via this method).

If EVERYONE used the new system, then EVERYTHING will be in there, and searchable at a much greater rate.

the new section is just harder to browse, I'll re-highlight my point from my first post, say i want to look at all the things for Nissans for sale in Adelaide, Im left making a choice if I want used or new car parts (i want to view ALL parts, new and old.) How do I do that?

So I pick suspension for the sake of it, I sort by location, I need to scroll, go to different pages to before I get to the stuff for sale in Adelaide.

Most private sellers don't sell just 1 item, they sell alot of stuff at the same time, and with the new rule of 1 for sale thread per 14 days, most will have to result to 'Bulk Garage Sales' which I guess highlights the problems of the old school classifieds (what are the problems of the old one anyways?) so we are back at step 1. (unless we remove 1 post per 14days rule)

That's because no one is using it!**

(You can see by the replies in this thread that most people haven't even attempted to submit an ad via this method).

If EVERYONE used the new system, then EVERYTHING will be in there, and searchable at a much greater rate.

** Theres a good reason for that :P

&&

thats because if you force people to use it, they have no choice weather they are happy with it or not, OR you will more people posting for sale threads in different locations such as SA General Chat..

What do you mean 'load'?

As in, submit an advert?

It may take longer to submit an advert via the new section, but at least it puts it in an easy to understand template, categorized adverts, eliminates spam, and also eliminates the need for basic moderation.

nah i mean the actual loading time of the classifieds site is super slow, has been since day 1, for me anyway.

I mean if i wanted a part id go to private part sales - nissan - and then pick a state and browse the threads by the titles same as for a car private car sale (forum) then go by state, that's just the way i have always done it since joining ive never had a problem with it seems easier to me :lol:

I don't like the layout of the new one ive tried using it to sell and buy.

the new section is just harder to browse, I'll re-highlight my point from my first post, say i want to look at all the things for Nissans for sale in Adelaide, Im left making a choice if I want used or new car parts (i want to view ALL parts, new and old.) How do I do that?

So I pick suspension for the sake of it, I sort by location, I need to scroll, go to different pages to before I get to the stuff for sale in Adelaide.

You can either browse via category within the new classifieds, or go to the advanced search in the new classifieds (which can do everything you ask for): http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/search.php

Most private sellers don't sell just 1 item, they sell alot of stuff at the same time, and with the new rule of 1 for sale thread per 14 days, most will have to result to 'Bulk Garage Sales' which I guess highlights the problems of the old school classifieds (what are the problems of the old one anyways?) so we are back at step 1. (unless we remove 1 post per 14days rule)

There is a Bulk Garage sale section/category just for that purpose (can see that option when you click on the big 'browse' icon/tab: http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/category.php?cat=bulk-garage-sales

Seriously guys, just go have a look and a play around. Ignore the fact there's stuff all within there for the time being.

That's because no one is using it!**

** Theres a good reason for that :P

&&

thats because if you force people to use it, they have no choice weather they are happy with it or not, OR you will more people posting for sale threads in different locations such as SA General Chat..

In the past everyone was saying "if it aint broke, why fix it" blah blah blah, so no one has used it.

However, just from this thread alone, isn't it obvious that the standard Classifieds forum isn't adequate enough?

People already post in different locations. On a daily basis threads are locked/deleted within chat sections, so i don't see why that's going to be a new problem.

What do you mean 'load'?

As in, submit an advert?

nah i mean the actual loading time of the classifieds site is super slow, has been since day 1, for me anyway.

Ah ok. To be honest, i haven't noticed any difference.

Anyone else finding it 'slower'?

I mean if i wanted a part id go to private part sales - nissan - and then pick a state and browse the threads by the titles same as for a car private car sale (forum) then go by state, that's just the way i have always done it since joining ive never had a problem with it seems easier to me :lol:

I don't like the layout of the new one ive tried using it to sell and buy.

Why wouldn't you like it if it's much easier? I know people don't like to change the way they do things, but seriously if everyone used it, you would get better results.

The fact is, no one uses it at the current time. Myself included :S

Well i have no plans on using it and most people wont either unless you get rid of old and enforce the new, then everyone will have to.

Edit: if no one is using it why wouldnt you look to scrap it and go with something that worked before.

was there any reason for removing the + and - 1 system? it seems a few people wanted it back

It was heavily abused, and within only 2weeks the rep system was practically useless and didn't mean anything.

It doesnt have to mean anything. Why can't it just be fun for the sake of being fun. Everyone wants it back, just do it!

Also allow people to bump their FS threads. Creating duplicate threads every month (or weeks for some members) is just stupid.

You can either browse via category within the new classifieds, or go to the advanced search in the new classifieds (which can do everything you ask for): http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/search.php

There is a Bulk Garage sale section/category just for that purpose (can see that option when you click on the big 'browse' icon/tab: http://nissansilvia.com/classifieds/category.php?cat=bulk-garage-sales

Seriously guys, just go have a look and a play around. Ignore the fact there's stuff all within there for the time being.

I know and I did go have a gander at it, but what are the problems of the OLD way?

the old way had many 'Garage Sale' type threads which in turn made it harder to search?

with the 1 post per 14 day rule, the same problem will accrue.

Just sayin' (shit i need to get back to work)

They're not though....

And who is "they"? The majority?

If that's the case then get rid of the old set up and keep the new, but the general feel I get I that the new needs to see the bin and the old should stay. I replied in more detail in the new thread you created.

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=464561&view=findpost&p=5965433

Hopefully something can get sorted.

I get about 20 pm's a day from members bitching about the current for sale set up.

Remember it is ONLY 1 post per 14 days, per member

I just wanted to say to all the members that are reporting problems on the site, GOOD WORK. For once alot of active members are taking the time to report problems on the site and it helping the site get cleaned up!

and i am happy to know my reports are being dealt with.

classifieds are shit coz my wheels haven't sold yet

How about making a rule for the for sale threads; no linking to another thread?

So many members posting up for sale threads and having a link with no details.. annoying.. fs templates ftw!

If they can't be bothered reposting the details, I can't be bothered clicking through their links to the original thread from 6 months ago.

Seems a few other people have the same philosophy.

But yes, it would be in their best interest to spend the extra 10 seconds and Ctrl+A, Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V it into a new thread if they must repost it.

If someone can't post details and only posts a link, thread will be deleted. If you see this, please report it.

wouldnt mind if the warn system was used properly... got warns that should be gone, pmed the mods and nothing... only keish too away his.

wouldnt mind if the warn system was used properly... got warns that should be gone, pmed the mods and nothing... only keish too away his.

:cry:

Whatever :lol:

All your warns are legit, and you are bloody lucky not to be permabanned. There is no time limit for warns, although they usually only stick for 12months. They are there at the decretion of mods and if they are still there it's for a good reason. Usually the main reason has something to do with continually breaking rules.

:lol: didnt mean i was unfairly banned warned, mean i asked for them to be reomved after heappppps of time ... no go..

now i cant be a mod cry.gif