Sign in to follow this  
SR20NA

Townsville Members

Has anyone gone out to one of these street meets at the dragway? Was keen on heading out there just to see how quick my car is in a straight line (boring I know). I'm guessing that it's a bit of a falcodore boganfest out there though!

ill come down for a look in the honda tongue.gif

there isnt much track stuff or hill runs here in townsville hey?

might make it on tuesday if this cyclone hasnt destroyed my carstretcher.gif

rebelin theres the mt stuart hill clmb, sprint series on go-kart track, motorkhanas, autocross, drags prob others aswell.

i dont think anything has started up yet for the year.

Has anyone gone out to one of these street meets at the dragway? Was keen on heading out there just to see how quick my car is in a straight line (boring I know). I'm guessing that it's a bit of a falcodore boganfest out there though!

yeah i've been a few times. its alright for what it is. not as bogan as you would think, there are some awesome cars that head out there regularly.

all you need is helmet, long pants & slong sleeve shirt, costs $28 & $10 spectators, you can also take passengers on solo runs.

gates open @ 6pm for scrutineering, racing starts 7pm. finishes around 10pm

they don't vht the track for street meets either & their timing gear is from the 60's so its not accurate but its a bit of fun.

there are 2 clubs that run the hill sprints & motorkhana

marque & tcac

the event calenders are yet to come out yet but first round is usually mid march.

paul- i wouldn't worry about the cyclone, all you will get over your way is some rain & maybe little bit of wind. castle hill, mt louisa & mt stuart help stop most of the wild weather.

also letting everyone know there may be a cruise down to airlie beach in the coming months.

head over to SAU and look in the mackay thread for info. would be good to get a heap of cars together for it.

would be good to do some hill runs and motorkhana :) this cyclone is gonna be nothing

yea they sound great. will keep my eye on it,

As for these cyclones, i think this one is has been talked up, but i think the one due mid to end week, is going to be pretty intense.

airlie beach would be good, but i cant foresee having time off to go down.no.gif

airlie beach would be good, but i cant foresee having time off to go down.no.gif

airlie is pretty good.

might have to do it around easter but i know we will have a few weekends free in a monththumbsup.gif

yeah easter could work,

so who got finnos free box off goodies? if you dont know what im on about, on qld street scene theres a guy who was giving away s13/180 bits. dam i was too late.sad.gif

it mentioned a AFM haha thats all i remember, there was probly a few things.

grew up there :)

Just a question for you Townsville people- how are the coppers up there? do you get any grief from them over your cars ie do they try to get you for defects etc?

never really had a lot of trouble with cops when I was at home but did used to get pulled over very frequently for RBTs, collected something like 9 straws in 6 months.

that and they used to run the shaker which was like a booze bus set up but was like a mobile pit inspection that had a big moving platform that was meant to simulate driving down a bumpy road at 60

in the heady days of the turn of the millenium that used to pwn a lot of imports with lowered and stiff suspension, breaking camber arms etc.

guys used to put excessive noise infringements on their back windows as badges of honour but then the hoon laws came in

if you want somewhere to run amuck (skids, drags etc) the road to the water treatment plant (racecourse road) was the place to go, cops didn't usually hassle us because we were miles from any houses but it looks like the stuart bypass is going through there so those days are over...

racecourse road

Edited by loki323

i am interested in the oil cooler, just need moneys hopefully this week

Sorry Rob, couldn't be bother reading back through the thread- was the cruise tomorrow @ 7 @ riverways?

Sorry Rob, couldn't be bother reading back through the thread- was the cruise tomorrow @ 7 @ riverways?

Whats this :S. wheres riverways?

Can't make it sorry Rob- the Mrs is panicing about this cyclone and doesn't want me to go anywhere until it's over. I'll definately be at the next one though!

Whats this confused.gif. wheres riverways?

riverway is on the opposite corner to willows shopping centre. cnr riverside blvd & ross river rd.

i went up to riverway for the meet up but no one turned upunsure.gif

i just got the time table for the local sprints

black is marque car club, blue TCAC & green Mareeba track (cairns)

for more info call the relevant club

Saturday, 26 March 2011Come and Try Race Day

Sunday, 27 March 2011TCAC Hill Climb round 1

Sunday, 3 April 2011Round 1 Mareeba Sprint

Saturday, 16 April 2011Round 1

Saturday, 14 May 2011Round 2

Sunday, 29 May 2011TCAC Hill Climb round 2

Sunday, 19 June 2011Round 2 Mareeba Sprint

Saturday, 25 June 2011Round 3

Friday, 8 July

Saturday, 9 July 2011 2011TOWNSVILLE 400 V8 SUPERCARS

Sunday,10 July 2011

Saturday, 23 July 2011Round 4

Sunday, 24 July 2011TCAC Hill Climb round 3

Sunday, 7 August 2011Round 3 Mareeba Sprint

Saturday, 20 August 2011Round 5

Saturday, 24 September 2011Round 6

Sunday, 2 October 2011TCAC Hill Climb round 4

Saturday, 15 October 2011round 7

Sunday, 16 October 2011Round 4 Mareeba Sprint

was going to come man but had to work late. good list of events :) do you just have to get a membership with the car clubs to go in them?

Edited by Rebelin

Hey robbo sorry I couldn't make it, I have to stay at work till Friday because of cyclone. Maybe next weekd(^∇^)

hey tville guys, im in the midst of selling my r31 skyline right now so i will be on the hunt for an s13 soon.. prefer a sil but if a 180 comes up for the right price i will be jumping on it.. ca or sr, auto or manual, turbs or non turbs, not really fussed.. i will be swapping in a fresh SR so a straight shell is the priority.. so if anyone knows of anything or has any hook ups let me know and i'll have a look.. thanks heaps guys.. good luck with the cyclone and robbo, i'll be keen for a cruise once i get an s13 and get it on the road..

Argh everyone panic thats pretty much the news were getting off the tv atm. but this is going to be pretty full on, cat 5. good luck to everyone, and all families. though most of you will be called into work, i no i am.

should be interesting

i thought that may be the case for a few of you guys.

in regards to the car club membership you can pay for a year or day membership per event also need a CAMS license. it costs about $170 an event for non members & cams day license. or $70-90 an event for club members with cams license.

we will organise another cruise in the future when the world isn't endinglaugh.gif

for any of you boys that live on, your welcome to stay at my place before they lock down work.

limegreen machine- you on qss? there are some decent cars for sale at the moment (resprayed, na sr20 180sx-that car is very neat & a na ca18 its ok-ish), might be a bit pricey but haggle them down, don't pay more than 3K for either with a roadworthy. ya just missed out buying my spare car as sampson just bought it.

keen on a cruise around whats left of townsville haha. keen to get that oil cooler off you to if your still selling it

im fine after the cyclone, how dead is the town (except for annandale HJs )wtf1.gif , at least theres hardly any damage besides from all the fallen trees.

I bailed on Townsville the morning before the cyclone hit to stay with friend in Mackay! Checked my house in Annandale (that I haven't moved into yet because all my flood soaked belongings are still stuck in Brisbane) this arvo, man that whole suburb has been trashed! Actually the whole town had been!

How'd everyone else's houses etc. fare?