Sign in to follow this  
Guest s13r

NS - Trojan horse - WHAT THE GOSH?

Not one problem after switching to Ubuntu :P

Guys,

I can confirm that the threat has been removed, and the issue is no longer. I have browsed the site using AVAST! and it has reported no issues.

If you are still getting the warnings, I recommend you clear the cache on your machine (by following the instructions in the help file on your browser)

Guys,

I can confirm that the threat has been removed, and the issue is no longer. I have browsed the site using AVAST! and it has reported no issues.

If you are still getting the warnings, I recommend you clear the cache on your machine (by following the instructions in the help file on your browser)

So what if you've been browsing fine?

So have loads of us, while the rest get viruses.

Like Loz has been saying, it's spontaneous.

Don't know about anyone else but I'm not taking your word without something stronger than 'I'm okay you will be too'.

Thank you.

I've built a machine that has been experiencing the issues that others have been discribing. I surfed the site for 3 days after the code was removed, visited more pages then i wish to count, using IE, Firefox and Chrome.

The machine was a vanilla build, unpatched, and therefore exceptionally vulnerable.

If you read the previous posts I've made, you can safely assume that I'm not just saying that its all good because "I'm ok, you will be too."

Ohkay. I missed in your previous post that the code had been removed and thought you were just saying the problem was solved due to the fact you could browse without issues.

Sounds good.

More details on this code?

PM me if you'd like specifics.

PM me if you'd like specifics.

I think most of us will want to know what caused our computers and ourselves so much grief..

The code referenced some known spyware/malware.

It seems most people got the "My Security Shield" or a variant of that.

im sooo tired of my avast screaming at me every 2nd time I open ns.com..

the volume on my speakers is often really high....so BAM VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED...scares the shit out of me.

I dunno about u guys but I think it's gotten worst

I'm getting a virus warning from every single page I open now

WTF?

I dunno about u guys but I think it's gotten worst

I'm getting a virus warning from every single page I open now

WTF?

Did you clear your cache?

thanks, after clearing my cache i havent got it yet (though only been on here just now), so hopefully that was it.

Cache is basically a local copy of the website files so they load quicker.

What browser are you using?

What's cache?

If you are using Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet Options, then click the "Delete..." button in the middle of the dialog box that comes up. Then make sure you select (ticked) "Temporary Internet Files" and again click the "Delete" button.

If you are using Firefox, click on Tools / Options, then click on "Advanced" and select the "Network" tab and click the "Clear Now" button in the "Offline Storage" section.

Then finally, press Ctrl-F5 which forces a full refresh of your current web page.

Hopefully, once you have done this, you should stop getting the warnings.

just an update: we have succeeded in building a PC that gets the virus on a regular basis so it's the first step to pinpointing the location of the virus.

Wait what I thought the rest of this thread indicated that you already found the rouge code?

Its fixed, its not fixed, its fixed, its not fixed, run noscript, dont run javascript, its fixed, its not fixed, ive browsed and i dont get it so its gone, its fixed, its not fixed, ive browsed for 2 days, its fixed, its not fixed, i have a gay apple im safe, your not safe loser, i havent got any popups, thats because its already in your pc loser, its fixed, its not fixed, i run free antivirus that must be just as good as the paid version, its fixed, its not fixed.

Just thought to post up 2 weeks of posts in advance.