Sign in to follow this  
express

New protein!

Am I reading that right? $100 for 2kg of protein and 1kg of carbs?

Express you've been on here for ages and have you head around diet and training but thats just too damn expensive for my liking.

its $90 INCLUDING delivery for the 2kg protein and 1kg carbs + shaker. For the quality of product, its very compeditive pricing.

its $90 INCLUDING delivery for the 2kg protein and 1kg carbs + shaker. For the quality of product, its very compeditive pricing.

i have to agree with nick on this one. i thought originally your price was heaps competitive until i did my homework.. there are websites out there like

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/protein.cfm

who do 2kg of wpi for $69 excl delivery carbs and a shaker.. carbs and a shaker are fark all really though..

http://www.aussienutrition.com.au/Whey-Protein-Isolate-WPI

who do 2kg of wpi for $60 excl delivery

(found these on ausbb and sizematters)

now.. im not plugging these websites, but since you think its competitive pricing online, i have the opinion that it is not. However, you may find that your product will do really well against some of the more expensive brands in-store in a mall. Why dont you go sell your product to supplement stores? Online you are really up against it. Against a constantly fluctuating exchange rate and many wholesale websites. How would you determine your product to be of better quality than any of these wholesale direct sources for protein? Unless you sit there grinding beans all day, what difference, if any, would there be?

I think for the market on this forum and PTC etc your product seems like a bit of a gimmick.

I know I wouldnt even consider buying a bag of carbs (sugar) and most guys would already have some sort of shaker.

The protein itself is not very cheap at all when you compare it to other websites, as said above, might be a good product to sell in stores.

I know when I want to buy protein, I just want it simple... I want protein, cheap. We all know most WPC and WPI is the same and comes from the same manufacturer here in AUS

It depends what you want, our protein is not a basic WPI, its an isolate, concentrate and casien mix...

Legal attorney, if you add to that the stated delivery cost, the total price for JUST WPI is 2kg is $81.. why not get a isolate, concentrate and casien mix, quick digesting carbs to have post workout and shaker for an extra $9? As i said this is very compeditive pricing :thumbsup:

I would slightly disagree Kairazy, the prices didnt include delivery, ours does so the prices are on par with those wholesalers.

I think this is perfect for the PTC market, because they know the importance of protein and carb timing better than your "average joe" they understand nutrient timing and the role it plays in your diet :)

It depends what you want, our protein is not a basic WPI, its an isolate, concentrate and casien mix...

Legal attorney, if you add to that the stated delivery cost, the total price for JUST WPI is 2kg is $81.. why not get a isolate, concentrate and casien mix, quick digesting carbs to have post workout and shaker for an extra $9? As i said this is very compeditive pricing :thumbsup:

I would slightly disagree Kairazy, the prices didnt include delivery, ours does so the prices are on par with those wholesalers.

I think this is perfect for the PTC market, because they know the importance of protein and carb timing better than your "average joe" they understand nutrient timing and the role it plays in your diet :)

Because the carbs are about $3 a kg.

So you are paying more for a cheaper product.

Coopers_brewing_sugar.jpg

Not hating just the adding of carbs brings the protein content down and is more like a filler... If you where to give carbs on the side though for people to add to their protein that would be different.

exactly right. our protein doesnt contain carbs.. we have the carbs on the side as an additive primarily for post workout when your body requires them (our carb mix is also a mix of malodextrose, fructose etc)

People have also stated they can get "mass" protein for cheaper.. well.. of course, that's because half of the product is carbohydrate based (as mentioned, the cheaper part)

as a bit of an update we have got some great feedback recently from other customers on taste, mixability, price etc!

We are always looking for further customer feedback and were still working on samples for you guys!

you can also mix flavours - IE: get 1kg of vanilla, 1kg of choc and the carbs all the in the same pack.

cheers!

Andrew, mot sure you know but I do the S&C at Frankston Dolphins now. Your partner dropped a box off to the coach Simon Goosey.

I'm waiting for your mate, or you, to come in.

Meanwhile, Gawain is selling his excellent product through PTC to the Dolphins.

Its damn good and much, much cheaper, come in and see me so we can talk, I'm there from 4.30pm till 9.00pm every night.

Yours is a unique idea, well done for not being a sheep, come see me

mate, great to hear from you and have your input on this, I'll send you a PM, we will catch up this week / early next.

Just like to throw in my 2 cents - The vanilla stuff tastes awesome and being able to mix the quantity of each yourself makes it that much better than any of the other crap i've tried. I've also managed to put on 6kg in 2 months without pain compared to when I was using other mixes.

+ reps

Could you send me a sample?

M.D.Mitchell

PO BOX 1362

TOOWONG, QLD, 4066

Thanks,

67RCE - thanks a lot for your input, great feedback!!

ghosty, were still working on samples mate, as soon as they are made up ill get you out one.

cheers

I'm not a nutritionist but. A nutritionist once told me why the mixed products are no good.

To cut things down i was told casein protein clogs in the stomache and is broken down slowly which is good for sleeping yea? He said whey protein does not clog up and is absorbed quickly however combine a whey protein with a casein protein and you are left with the same absorbtion rate as casein because it is caught in the glue you just made in your stomache along with anything else you just ate.

The only exception to this rule was pure milk but i forget all the babble he talked about with that finer point.

Anyone able to shed some light? sorry i dont mean to dub your company.

EDIT: just had a search and found this article, interesting read.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/satternorton.htm

Bump on the sample if you have them yet Andrew?