blind_injustice

the Black Engine Bay Masters!

dont know actually how good it would be as i havnt been pulled over yet (touch wood)

but i like to think it works really good :lol:

custom intercooler piping =D

IMG_0511.jpg

Alright sweet, do you think it really is a good deterrent for the popo

Not really, alot know what theyre looking at when they pop your bonnet. Its good to paint the shiny stuff black tho for that chance theyll look over that mod. I hate cops!

What sort of paint do you use/prep work when you are spraying parts? I assume some sort of higher temp stuff. I am looking to do the same soon once new engineset up/turbo set up is completed

i done the piping in gulrez car in the picture above

u dont need high temp pipe intercooler piping doesnt get that hot

on exhaust related parts i would use high temp paint but for intercooler piping its not really that needed u can use it if u like because it doesnt cost that much more

engine enamel, flat black, cost abt 15 bucks at bunnings =D

I use VHT Wheel Paint for almost everything hot that I know won't get much higher than 130 deg C (pretty much everything except calipers, exhaust and block, but fine for rocker cover).

The advantage of using the VHT Wheel Paint is that you do not need to cure the paint. With high temp paints Ike engine enamels they need to be cured or baked at a certain tempature for a certain amount of time - otherwise they can break down, and may flake or peel.

I usually scrub with a brush using an aggressive degreaser like Kenco Heavy Duty, then detergent scrub, 360 grit wet sand scuff, wax and grease remove with a cloth, let dry for a moment, then dust on a light coat, going over with heavier coats after flash. Easy peazy, and looks awesome.

I'll attach a pic of an engine bay I painted using VHT Satin Black Wheel Paint. The car is a work in progress drift car, so please excuse how daggy it looks otherwise.

post-84196-13062194928168_thumb.jpg

Edited by wombatau

I use VHT Wheel Paint for almost everything hot that I know won't get much higher than 130 deg C (pretty much everything except calipers, exhaust and block, but fine for rocker cover).

The advantage of using the VHT Wheel Paint is that you do not need to cure the paint. With high temp paints Ike engine enamels they need to be cured or baked at a certain tempature for a certain amount of time - otherwise they can break down, and may flake or peel.

I usually scrub with a brush using an aggressive degreaser like Kenco Heavy Duty, then detergent scrub, 360 grit wet sand scuff, wax and grease remove with a cloth, let dry for a moment, then dust on a light coat, going over with heavier coats after flash. Easy peazy, and looks awesome.

I'll attach a pic of an engine bay I painted using VHT Satin Black Wheel Paint. The car is a work in progress drift car, so please excuse how daggy it looks otherwise.

Tough!!

im glad i came accross this post, i shall keep my future mods on stealth mode :)

What about that new Gktech no holes intercooler kit? Do you guys reckon that would be a good idea, in terms of being under the radar and having a non-bling engine bay? It looks like a good idea but f**k it looks cheap

As the Rolling Stones said, "Paint it Black" :)

My attempt, tried to keep the 'bling' , minimal lol:

PC140006.jpg

thread revival.... look at that lowmount manifold.. what type is that ? those bends are huge..

yeah its a 6boost

bends look bigger because its a thicker walled pipe

I

Can you clean the thread up mate? :)

done

after being defected a few times i decided to comply by changing a few bits and pieces of my engine bay.

the car makes 248kw with a low mounted 2871r cams z23 bolted onto a standard airbox and a few other supporting mods...

still need to change the silcon joiners to black and possibly paint the strut brace and engine damper black, however while the police officer was inspecting my car he did mention the braces are all fine to have and they are not an issue...

59007610.jpg

8ea832f1-1.jpg

Id say SR GT has the most stealth set up yet. I just dont like the long intercooler piping you get with no hole kits.

Here is mine, the vid show off better than the pics I have. BOV hidden and almost everything black.

I powder coated everything as paint scratches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B04nsQdIWgk

^ thats the look im going for man!!! very nice setup indeed and good pwoer too =D

n208500975_30441109_8379.jpg

wow!

where the hell is everything??

nice work BTW :thumbsup:

^ that looks super clean thumb.gif but it looks like it would be umm fun on a rainy day ^

does it have an in cabin brake booster or run no booster at all?

haha thanks guys i cant take full credit for this one i was helping a buddy of mine

brake booster delete

windshield wiper res delete

brake lines ran inside cabin

fuse box in glove box

PCM or ECU depending on what you want to call it is tucked underneath the floor board

all other res either in the very front along the the radiator frame rail or hidden on the reverse side under the bumper

just a normal wire tuck but alot more attention to detail

this was by far the hardest tuck ive done but you see the results that come with it

thank you guys for all of the positive feed back it really means alot :lol:

(is it possible for you guys to be law abiding and do something like my friend and i did?)

silly question where is the Air intake 0_o i want a few more pics if you have them so i can look at whats different to my bay!!!

P1010108.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010112.jpg

SR GT! That's the best one iv seen. Like the home made brake cylinder stopper, Whats with the cover over the battery?

5923639385_660932a097_b.jpg

I've always wondered whats that in between the radiator and the fan? sorry if its a stupid question?

Edited by s13lova

5923639385_660932a097_b.jpg

I've always wondered whats that in between the radiator and the fan? sorry if its a stupid question?

It's the oil catch can bro, i was confused for a while until i saw where the lines were running.. ;)

^

Fail!

i think you missed the joke...