Sign in to follow this  
purplesil80

WHATS NEW WITH YOUR CAR ? ? #2

I've finally found a workshop that can rebuild my 6 speed!. There at Coopers Plains and called Precision Gearbox which I've dropped the box off to. The owner reckons that It should be a pretty straightforward rebuild to get it rebuilt back to factory specs as new so I'm very hopefull :). Will let you guys know how it goes when I get the box back. I've also got a new Nismo Super Coppermix clutch kit on order from Streeter in Japan!

Yeah I saw your post earlier. Sad to see it go man but yeah, you need to work on the Sil. :D. Great price for anyone looking for a clean track ready 180!

Well i'm home most days for inspection. Probably not a good idea for a daily but it's a competitive package for the budget racer/drifter.

I've finally found a workshop that can rebuild my 6 speed!. There at Coopers Plains and called Precision Gearbox which I've dropped the box off to. The owner reckons that It should be a pretty straightforward rebuild to get it rebuilt back to factory specs as new so I'm very hopefull :). Will let you guys know how it goes when I get the box back. I've also got a new Nismo Super Coppermix clutch kit on order from Streeter in Japan!

How long u expecting before its back steve?

Also cheap price Mase! Shuld go quick enuf...

How long u expecting before its back steve? Also cheap price Mase! Shuld go quick enuf...

The bearings and other gear have already arrived from Japan so were just waiting on the selector fork which has an ETA of 21 working days lol. All good tho :P he reckons the whole rebuild is gonna cost $1250. On a side note, I got my clutch today from Streeter, looks mint as. I'll post up some pics tomorrow!

^^ nice.

On my end of the fence, my rear turbo has died on the FD. I was just finalising all the bits for roadworthy and then, blehhh oil leaking all over. Now trying to source a 2nd hand pair of stock twins :( probably another $1k or so I reckon. Bummer

Getting my s14 off the run in tune has 430hp now so cant see what hp i get off a mild tune

^^ nice.

On my end of the fence, my rear turbo has died on the FD. I was just finalising all the bits for roadworthy and then, blehhh oil leaking all over. Now trying to source a 2nd hand pair of stock twins sad.png probably another $1k or so I reckon. Bummer

Oh noes. That sucks man. Hopefully you find a set for a decent price :)

Anyways here are pics of said clutch:

20120804111003.jpg

20120804110200.jpg

almost finished now, Just need the engineer approval for the seat, cage, two seat capacity and the brakes

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

I had a chuckle when I saw your username and car colour, I had forgotten :)

Put some nice new DSG coilovers in yesterday. Loving how firm they are now i need to do the last of the suspension upgrades then its in for a alignment and she will be good to go...

***Ran out of wheel nuts to do the front wheels so it looks aids at the moment but you get the idea...

photo.jpg

Now I am in the process of pulling the kit off and returning it back to the beautiful stock curves!

Edited by Bucket Of Pie

fixed the puncture that has had a slow leak for almost 4 months o.O

I has no pictures :(

But, the onevia now has

S15 sr

5 stud

Silk Roads

Recaro

Nardi

ALOT less paint

Vertex front and sides (ahm Silvie...) :P

andddd my gorgeous 10" BBS RS wheels :)

Little man in my engine started trying to escape with a hammer out at qr today!! Lucky he never got a leg out the door!!

Blacktop out, redtop stripped to a bare long and cleaned. Tomorrow is cleaning engine bay and moving all the stuff on the blacktop over to the red top

Car got plated for seats, brake conversion, 2 seat capacity and intercooler. It appears safety 21 cages don't meed the QLD regs though so need to get a new rollover hoop made up

Progress slowed today sad.png found timing chain on the new motor was on backwards and a link out. But discovered eagle rods and CP pistons and that it's bored 20 thou. Had to redo the timing chain so separated head and block so picking up a tomei 1.5mm gasket this arvo..

Gave the engine bay a good clean!!! I found original factory paint on the chassis rail!

Coming along tho smile.png

IMG_2510.JPGIMG_2511.JPGIMG_2513.JPGIMG_2532.JPGIMG_2536.JPGIMG_2548.JPGIMG_2539.JPG

Engine swap will be done in no time Anthony :). You most definitely work quick!

Picked up my rebuilt gearbox and got a mate of mine to install it in the S15 along with my new Nismo clutch yesterday. Picked it up and took it for a drive and all I can say is wow, the gearbox feels like brand new! would definitely recommend Precision Gearbox, they did an awesome job! Every gear is smooth as and there are no crazy noises coming from the box. The Nismo clutch is insane, Its engagement is awesome and feels great to drive with. The clutch does make some funny sounds between 2500-3000 rpm at about 80km/h but the manual says its normal for these clutches lol.

Oh yeah, my mate that put the gearbox and stuff in forgot to attach the gearbox breather hose (I'm assuming its because it's a lot easier to get the gearbox back into the car without it) Do I really need to put it back on and attach it to one of the bell housing bolts up top? or can I just put a hose on the breather hole and cable tie it down somewhere? I really don't want to have to take the gearbox out again lol.

Edited by ---Steve---

How much did that set you back at the end, Steve?

Was it the same as was quoted at the start?

Looking to fix mine in the near future. Typical crunchy 5speed with lightweight shockproof to mask its shortcomings :(

Edited by Omae Aho Ka

Steve I get a odd noise on decel in 4th and 3rd with my coppermix and so does a friend always thought it was a tail shaft thing but I'll find that part out this morning when everything goes back in as for the breather yes you need it dude but the gearbox won't have to come back out. You have small hands!! That or put a jack under the gearbox and lower it down a little bit and use a ratchet ring spanner to do up the bold on the breather hook

Thank f**k lol. You reckon it will matter if I drive it for a few days without the breather? Untill I can get the hose back off him? Can't see myself driving through any swamps.

Thank f**k lol. You reckon it will matter if I drive it for a few days without the breather? Untill I can get the hose back off him? Can't see myself driving through any swamps.

Should be fine, i'd put it back on though. You'll need to angle the back of the box down and get a socket and extensions to undo the bolt, then put the breather bracket on, then re-tighten the bolt. There's a good chance if you're tilting the box back you'll lose fluid out the back so keep that in mind.

trying to tune the 200sx for jambo and 44mm waste-gate to small so hitting 30psi not what i want till i get cage :rant: