Timing method:

Modifications

Engine: SR20DET VCT Blacktop - Exhaust - Boost 12psi

Power: 230rwhp

Suspension: Racing Logic Utlra Complex Coilovers

Tyres: Toyo R888 Proxes Semi Slicks

Brakes: DBA 5000 Series Rotor's & EBC Green STuff Pads

Other:

Car weight: Standard 180sx Street Registered Weight.

Will Be Chasing Down A 60sec Lap Time Or Faster this Sunday in Open Sprints With the New Race Machine wink.gif

sileightys1.JPG

Edited by CSR81

^^ Looks tuff as! Love seeing pics of race machines. So you sold your 180 and just bought this Sil80?

Any details?

Times updated.

Are you guys running standard sway bars? Have been doing some track days and loving it but struggling which way to go.

With setup lol

Get a set of whiteline adjustable bars. You're better off running softer springs and upgraded bars than stiffening springs. If u stiffen springs you will loose traction on acceleration, braking and turning. With bars it will only affect the car when it's turning.

Stick with spring rates around 8/6kg/mm and upgrade the bars. On s13s some people have run with stock or no rear bars to help rear grip. S14s and s15s have a different amount of anti squat so it isn't as much of a problem.

thanks for that, I have some cusco height adjustable that are extremely soft and through some adjustable whitleine bars on which stopped the body roll but it did lose alittle feel. the car was a lot faster but prior to this I have purchased some cusco zero2r coilovers in a 8/6 spring rate. would I be better off putting the standard bars back on whith the new coils or am I on the right track with the new coils and whitleine adjustable bars..... some people have told me there alittle hard when you have stiffer coils. really appreciate your thoughts. ive seen you guys around the traps and am loving the circuit racing seen. cheers stu

I didn't quite explain, my new zero2rs are on there way from japan, atm im running some zeros which are just heaight adjustable think they may be a 5/4 spring rate.

I assume you're running semi slicks? I'd leave the whiteline bars in, start with both bars set on soft and see how it goes

im only running rsrs at the moment but will see how it all goes

I updated the times based on what I saw in your thread Callum. If the times are not correct let me know.

thanks for that, I have some cusco height adjustable that are extremely soft and through some adjustable whitleine bars on which stopped the body roll but it did lose alittle feel. the car was a lot faster but prior to this I have purchased some cusco zero2r coilovers in a 8/6 spring rate. would I be better off putting the standard bars back on whith the new coils or am I on the right track with the new coils and whitleine adjustable bars..... some people have told me there alittle hard when you have stiffer coils. really appreciate your thoughts. ive seen you guys around the traps and am loving the circuit racing seen. cheers stu

Was the car aligned correctly? Leave the whitelines on and gradually dial the whole set-up in. Its a pretty common set-up that you should be able to set-up right to give good grip.

Yer previously took it to ken, he fixed the under steer issue I was having but through th bars on to reduce the roll which worked extremely well. Need to get new wheels to allow more front camber as I can only get about 2deg before my wheel is to close to the coil over. Has any1 thought of throwing up a leader board for norwell? It's a fun track and seems to be getting more popular with the private track days.

nice scooby, what can you guys recommend for in car timing? im not made of money so what are my options

Hi guys just thought I'd share. New time qr sprint track 58.969 s15 no aero rsrs 1390kg full street trim. Thanks for advice on setup guys. Results are finally coming.