Sign in to follow this  
cha_cha_

adjusting door strikers

my passenger door isnt flush with the body of the car and as such the window doesn't sit perfectly flush with the seal and it whistles on the highway. the hinges aren't perfect, but they are still ok, but i believe the problem is with the striker. can they be adjusted to give me a better seal?

has anyone had any experience with this?

i'm keen to have a crack myself, or would i be better off getting a pro to do it???

bust out the hammer and go for it. i fixed mine myself. not very hard....easier if u have two people/even three is better, to hold the door while u beat the pin in and out, as its a bit of a maggot to get free.

so the pin on the body moves, not the locking mechanism inside the door?

what needs to be released to allow you to adjust it, or did you simply bend yours???

I assumed you can loosen the bolts holding the clip on the body then slide it along... looks like its designed to do that anyways...

i have the same problem

i tried loosening the hinges and pushing the door higher but that didnt work

tried to loosen the bolts where the door clips in but they were to hard

so i just shoved paper under the door seals for the time being until i get

the right tools.

it stoped the whisling noise. so im happy

i think some of you guys think that my problem is at the hinge, but it isnt, it is most definately at the striker end - the hinge is fine and that end of the door is held in the right spot, but at the striker and locking mechanism end the door is held securely shut, but a few mm out from where it should be.

my logical solution to this is that the striker is a few mm out from where it should be and needs to be adjusted back to it's original position....

i just want to know the best way to do that, whether it me to loosen the nuts holding the striker and try and slide it towards the inside of the car, or move the mechanism in the door, or get a pro to do it

cheers

hay dude i actually have the same problem on my passenger door, the bottom of side of my door dosnt fit exactly flush to the body, at one stage my window was very loose so i tightned it up, i dont get any whistling noise, but i do know that the door dosnt sit perfectly on the body towards the end / lower end.

also my driver side door has a slight drop when you open the door, i think might be the hinges.

does any one know how to fix hinges etc. is it very hard to do,

does any one know how to adjust windows also. i have tightned mine up but they still rattle abit when i close my door and they are all the way down