Sign in to follow this  
PhattJZX

Drunk Walking..... WTF?

shiiiit better start driving home just to play it safe

+1

I had a drunk idiot stumble onto the road with a golfclub trying to hir my car. I was fuming.. So lucky he didnt smash anything, otherwise i was seriously considered running the prick over!!

BRING ON THESE RULES!!! only to stop idiots like above.

Walking onto the road without taking due care is already illegal in and of itself.

New restrictions regarding "drink walking" are unnecessary. What we should be doing is enforcing the ones we already have.

back in the day i had the cops take me home cause i was pissed and walking lol i may or may not had a quick nap at a bus stop too

lol

shiiiit better start driving home just to play it safe

dammit! I was reading through it all hoping noone said that...

you'll need a sober person with a leash on you if you wish to walk home under the influence.

Drunk walking... Are you kidding me?

its been fairly published in SA and sunrise even had a story on it this morning... pretty ludicrous really

haha now you can't leave a party drunk, even the next day you might be over the limit! lol absolutely ridiculous <_>

mate, hand over your shoes, you are in no state to be walking home

laugh.gif

they put those thumb cuff things on your 2 big toes so you can't walk. laugh.gif

:lol: cant wait to be walking home from my formal AP at 7:30am this sunday morning :hypo:

laugh.gif cant wait to be walking home from my formal AP at 7:30am this sunday morning w00t2.gif

I shall alert the authorities of this laugh.gif

then drive past and watch all these people standing still with their toes cuffed. laugh.gif

I reckon all of europe are looking at Australia now and laughing at us when they read "drunk walking" lol

If you get pulled over by police for drunk walking, just vomit on the cop :lol: they'll get the idea soon enough

LOLLL

"Public opinion does change over time and people don't like drunks rolling about the streets and 0.15 is an alcohol content that most people would not reach, certainly in public," he said.

don't know what sort of people he drinks with but this is far from the truth.

No shit, that guy drinks with farken pussies :lol: at schoolies i blew .31 and i could still remember that... Gooooood times.

Farken LOL steve.

haha f**cking funny in this article on news.com.au

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/study-suggests-pedestrians-be-breath-tested/story-e6frea83-1225862262483

It says:

Chuck Norris of Reds had a more cynical view: "I would love to see how the cops would go breathalysing people in Hindley Street at 1am on a Saturday night. Half the people would be in excess of 0.3 BAC."

look at the plus side of this, maybe it'll be law that all venues must stay open all night as to make sure no one leaves intoxicated

:thumb:

Thank f**k. Nothing worse than trying to drive home from work and having to play dodge the drunken imbesile.

Obviously the consumption of alcohol is against your religion?

I can't really see how you can make that conclusion, the guy just wants to drive home without having to dodge drunks on the road. How the hell does that mean he doesn't like to drink, let alone it being against is religion??

And not everybody enjoys drinking alcohol, it doesn't have to be a religious thing.

From his statement, i'd bet my bottom dollar that he doesn't drink alcohol whatsoever.

Saying it was against his religion was just a figure of speech.

Wait, how many drunk pedestrians die each year though?

it says it on the second line of the article, 10. Hence why this whole thing is a joke

hahaha nice..

Next you will have people organizing drink ups and walking around over the limit.. Then police raids.. followed by an ACA story about underground drink hooning.

Obviously the consumption of alcohol is against your religion?

I rarely drink, I was simply venting my frustration about drunks falling all over the road.

I do have a rocking wine collection though :D.

i cant see why people think this is a bad idea. its basically saying dont go out in public if u plan on getting smashed. isnt it common sense to act in a respectful manner when out and about.

i cant see why people think this is a bad idea. its basically saying dont go out in public if u plan on getting smashed. isnt it common sense to act in a respectful manner when out and about.

So just being over 0.15 makes you disrespectful?

Wankers are wankers whether they are drunk or not.

Common sense isn't that common anymore Steve

So just being over 0.15 makes you disrespectful?

Wankers are wankers whether they are drunk or not.

true, but at least if cops at out patrolling drunk people, they are more likely to get the knobs off the street.

basically dont drink so heavily when going out. less drunk people walking around is a plus.

The term common sense is an oxymoron. Sense is far from common.

Remember the nerdy guy at school that nobody liked? The one that secretly hated everyone because they were all liked and he wasnt.

He wrote this.

:lol:

Yeah this is a joke, 10 people a year die from drink walking... What about the 2 people that die every year from falling vending machines.

As for

The University of Adelaide study found the public could support a blood alcohol limit of 0.15 when near roads and vehicles if it saved some of approximately 10 drink-walking pedestrians who die each year on SA roads.
. I wonder which members of the public they surveyed. Probably the local nursing home I imagine.

so do we have to roll in a wheelchair if we lose our walking licence?

so do we have to roll in a wheelchair if we lose our walking licence?

you lose the wheelchair license first

thats why a statute enumerating this is pointless and a waste of parliament debate/time