Sign in to follow this  
Dori-Kouki

DEFECT

ok guys i've been stung with a defect .. and i need a second opinion

defected for: ground clearance, front tires, noise, number plate.

ground clearance i can adjust

front tires i can get replaced

noise: "not to exceed 90db"...does that mean i need a cert from an approved EPA tester?

or will a stock exhaust be sufficient? (if yes, does anyone have one i could borrow/buy? ;) )

number plate: "to comply (not to be bent)"...majority of 180sx owners cannot fit the standard number plate as you would know, and vic roads says they will check the items on the defect list to clear it..

are there any ways around this or will i have to reorder new plates and fit them somehow -_-''

Thanks for the input!

yeah they are busting people for bent number plates now.

all you need to do for that is use some washers and space it out so the numberplate sits outside the bar. Or just take it to them as is and see what they say.

if you didn't get an epa letter, i don't think you need to go see a noise tester. Usually they will send out an epa in the mail.

yeah they are busting people for bent number plates now.

all you need to do for that is use some washers and space it out so the numberplate sits outside the bar. Or just take it to them as is and see what they say.

if you didn't get an epa letter, i don't think you need to go see a noise tester. Usually they will send out an epa in the mail.

do you keep your plates sitting outside the bumper? it just sounds so impractical.. + the plate lights need to be shining on them too i think..

What ive done previously is made 2 slits in the indent of the rear bar.. So the number plate will fit in whilst being straight.. You just loose out on the blue border on each side of the plate, then change the globe so brighter and no hassles in the world about it.

Numberplates cant be bent, or destorted, the quick fix is to use blocks of wood and bring the plate out of the recess of the bar..

Isn't it funny? vplates do big ass euro plates, but they dont do jap plates..

What ive done previously is made 2 slits in the indent of the rear bar.. So the number plate will fit in whilst being straight.. You just loose out on the blue border on each side of the plate, then change the globe so brighter and no hassles in the world about it.

if you have pics of the slits in the bar could you post them?

It's just frustrating that it meets ADR rules and gets complied, yet it's still illegal to vicroads

I think the slits are my best option ATM but have to reorder plates -_-"

Isn't it funny? vplates do big ass euro plates, but they dont do jap plates..

Not really, theres plenty of Euro cars around that cost big $$$ and their owners are happy to fork out $700 for Euro plates.

Jap import owners are generally tightarses :shades: Vicroads wouldn't generate enough profit from them to make it worth it.

I got done for bent plates, 3 demerit points, I took it to court and got it dissmissed becuase they are sold and complied like this!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

although technicaly plates must be seen on a 45 degree angle and also cannot be defaced bent etc as they government property or something.

lmfao yeh number plates must be seen on a 45 degree angle.

but if you look at the bar, when you bend both sides, they sit on the inside of the bar so it doesnt effect shit. cops just like to cry over useless shit.

i wouldnt cut your bar. just rip out a grinder and grind the plate down.

+ dont you even have to bend slimline plates too??

yeah u have to bend any plates that are 6 letter/numbers to fit in. when i got my silvia rego i asked the vic roads guy at oakliegh how do i fit my plates, he told me to bend the sides in (the blue border bit), aslong as i dont bend the part where the numbers/letters are.

ive been defected twice but never for plates.

i also have my front number plate to the side (cause im too lazy to screw it to my bar), my bar sits fairly flat at the front, one cop was going to defect me for it, until i told him u can still see it from a 45deg angle.

Don't you guys have small rear numberplates over there?

Don't you guys have small rear numberplates over there?

no we dont :(

the only way is to buy custom plates with 5 letters/numbers or less.

Ahh over here we have square plates, They put 3 letters up the top and 3 down the bottom or how ever you ask for them!