Sign in to follow this  
m&m

PTC Progressive Poundage Program

Kelly is smashing the 160kg bench program with a shoulder niggle. Freak.

Dimi started with a 100kg PB in the squat, tonight she did 100kg x 3.

Strong.

Annie is doing the 90kg squat program, she has (had) a PB of 85kg.

She is on week 3, but tonight we tried to sort out her opener, the comp is 3 weeks away.

She squatted 92.5kg. She has moved up to the 100kg squat program and did week 3 today.

Alen has jumped from the 220kg deadlift to the 230kg deadlift. He did week 5 easily today. He is also moving from the 110kg bench to the 120kg. He pause benched 110kg after week 4 of his 110kg bench program.

These guys are getting stronger quicker than they anticipated.

James and Dim had no problem with the 200kg deadlift program tonight.

This is looking like the best $20 I've ever spent! can't wait to get started!! :quagmire:

Well done.

Heres a heads up, Max deadlifted 212.5kg, a PB, after week 4 of his deadlift program.

You dont have to wait till the finish to get stronger

Last night he close grip benched 105kg, a bench PB

Dimi squatted her 100kg PB...........for 3 reps

Simmo is squatting a new PB every session. He started with 130kg as a PB, last week he did 132.5 x 3, this week 135 x 3

Annie started with an 85kg squat PB, week 4 I think it was she made 92.5kg

You got plenty, program sent Christine S15

I have spent lots of time explaining to my crew how to now correctly implement PPP.

It was always designed best to work on competition lifts. I'll explain why.

If you just competed at State's, and totaled 500kg, and Nats is coming up in 12 weeks, a 530kg total would be sensational. Very few lifters ever achieve that result.

With regular gym lifts, each lift is done fresh, thats why I encourage a 20-30kg increase on the deadlift. Try deadlifting a PB 6 hours after you start lifting. Kaspar has pulled 210kg at PTC. On Sunday he only got to 190kg, he was spent.

So all 16 lifters who competed have reset their goal weights, 10kg above their best comp lift. If they are succesful they will have stunning results at the Nationals.

Max was previously on the 200kg squat program. Tonight he started week 1 of the 180kg squat program. His goal would be to be squatting over 200kg at the 2011 Nats @ 82.5kg raw and 19yo

So every lifter has gone back on there goal, simply to move forward. With a simple 10kg increase in 11 weeks, most would add 120kg to their total at the 2011 State titles. Is this possible?

Stay tuned. Hopefully all 16 lifters will compete at the Nats, lets see how many can improve their totals by 30kg in 13 weeks.Some of the lifters made 4th attempts that dont show on their totals, for instance Nina made a 92.5kg squat, thats an extra 12.5kg on her total, taking her to 270kg, hence why its now 300kg from 257.5kg

Dave - 515kg

Dim - 440kg

Nico - 555kg

Max - 520kg

Nick - 645kg

Daryl - 450kg

Kelly - 600kg

Nina - 300kg

James - 430kg

Kaspar - 505kg

Alen - 535kg

Everyone said we did well on Sunday, imagine if we post these numbers

Failed on week 6 of bench program on 3rd rep of heaviest lift. I am trying the 90kg program as I have benched 84kg before but failed at 89kg. Feel like I have been eating and resting well so shall I continue on the week 6 weights until I can do that and then move onto week 7? I don't believe that a 6kg above current pb is too much of a jump.

Up to week 5 on squat and DL and so far going well :)

Simply try week 6 again next week, if you fail it 4 weeks in a row, you have a problem, we'll look at that then

All good, tried again on Friday and made it "just". Just did bench, not all 3 so maybe it was the fact that I normally do squats first?

To my understanding your not meant to do all three PPP (squat, bench, dead) on the same day, so yer, sounds like the issue.

It says it is better to seperate them but as I do mma training as well I don't have time to do them on seperate days and have adequate rest so I have to make do with the time I have.

oh yer fair enough, if you can get the recovery in, thats great. But you said yourself when you just did bench on Friday, you made your sets, which is awesome, so maybe split it out 2 and 1. If you were to do that, I'd do squat and bench on same day, then dead by itself. Good luck bro and well done.

I cant see it working long term by performing all 3 lifts once a week on the same day.

The squat and deadlift have a high carry over, so your effectively training each lift twice a week if you go Mon and Fri.

Most of the stronger guys are also benching twice a week as well.

Still, you do what you can.

Thanks for the input. WIll see if I can adjust it. Didn't really want to do squats or DL on Fri because of sparring on Saturday but will see what I can do :)

You need to make a choice what your priority is. If its sparring, then obviously you work around that, if its getting stronger, the sparrings gets second best.

Recently a lifter who competed at the Nationals has decided that roller skating takes priority over powerlifting. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but he cant expect to stay on our team and train with the rest of the team, he would be faced with the same situation when he rolled up with his roller skates.

Work out what you want most, and prioritize it.

PM sent with email address, i'll transfer coin tonight

Cheers

Dan

Program sent Dan, thanks

Just had a read of the program and looks very easy to follow, its exactly what ive been looking for. Thanks a heap mate best $20 ive spent for a while.

Looking forward to making progress and just being a healthier stronger person.

Edited by dan_180

Well, last night was a first at PTC.

The first client to finish PPP, the full 11 weeks.

Ryan managed to get through the 11 weeks without missing a lift.

When Ryan started at PTC, he hadnt lifted before, and he had a bad back, he's a builder.

His brothers train here and told him he should come. After doing full body for a few weeks, it was obvious he had good potential.

He fell in love with the heavy weights so he started PPP. He either does 1 or 2 days a week, and does PPP each session.

The guy with the week back deadlifted 210kg last night.He is actually capable of more, but I have explained the traps of going too much to him. He understands and trusts me.

On Saturday he starts his second round.

The reason no one else has finished is we started again after the Vics, with most lifters completing week 3 this week.

Well done Ryan, it will be interesting to see how he goes on his second round.

Can't wait to start this PPP when I move down Markos ;)

Are you definitely coming?

Are you definitely coming?

Spiros has a job for me as delivery driver for the bearing place he works at, and says he knows this lady who moved into a house by herself or something and will see if she wants to rent out a room to me, so looking promising :thumbsup:

Could be down as soon as the end of the month if it all goes to plan.

Gareth finished PPP today on squat. His target was 160kg, he doubled it.

Steve finished PPP on deadlift, his goal was 185kg, he made it, then made 190kg.

Both boys go up by 15kg and start week 1 next week.

He was aiming for 160 and did it twice. Aaaah I read that as he did 320 :P I was thinking WTF!!!!

He was aiming for 160 and did it twice. Aaaah I read that as he did 320 :P I was thinking WTF!!!!

You're not alone, that's exactly what i thought as well!

You guys REALLY need to catch up on the lifting lingo lol

Thank f u c k he didnt triple it lol