Sign in to follow this  
silvias15

Aftermarket head unit - 2008 with Bose

Does anyone have any experience with fitting an aftermarket headunit onto a 2008 350z with bose stereo? I have bought a pioneer avic F910BT and want to utilise the exisitng amp and speakers as well as be able to use the steering wheel controls.

The PAC website states the NIS2 is only compatible for use up to 2007 models.

Im in the same boat atm

I have been told that i should not change any of the Bose standard sterio in my 350Z without upgrading all of it

I kno it sounds painful doing everything at one but thats what im goin to try and do

If you want to change just your headunit i dont kno how the Bose Amp will take that?

I hav read on US forums that they are extreemly easy to blowup on installation if you dont kno what your doing

I think there is an adapter thatlinks your steering controls. It's been years since I was in the car audio industry so can't remember much more lol

I ended up sourcing a steering wheel control interface from the UK. http://www.incartec.co.uk and used a four channel line output converter made by PAC (PAC SOEM-4)to utilise the existing amp and speakers. Sound quality isn't as good as the original bose head unit, but it'll suffice for my needs.

Installation was a nightmare, limited space behind dash, cramped cabin and never ending wires to connect! All in all, it was worth the effort though.

350zHUinstall3.jpg

350zHUinstall1.jpg