Sign in to follow this  
white-s13

What is this? Can I get rid of it?

thing.jpg

Can anyone please tell me what this apparently useless item is and what it does? I would like to install my catch can right where this little bitch is sitting and i'm just wondering if that would be okay!?!?!

If anyone can please tell me what it is and what the use of it is that would be greatly appreciacted... It must do something, that's why it's there, but is it just like the carbon canister, EGR etc?

Thanks!

Yep thats the motor that controls the movement of your windscreen wipers.

Well dammit, can't believe I didn't know that, I feel completely stupid now :P

Can't find anywhere to mount my Catch Can... I got an S15 kit by accident I think and I can't mount it ANYWHERE :angry:

u can move the wiper motor out the way and put ur catch can there, just make sure you connect it agian, cuase knowing the weather...wer'e gonna cop rain for some time now..hehe

there's space on ur strut tower. just mount it there,i got a pic of where i did mine.

cusco.JPG

eiji - is that a customer made catch can?

eiji that's the exact same one I've got..

so people are saying that I can move the motor somewhere else??? wouldn't it be connected to the wipers through the fire wall?????

lol we got the same catch can and strut bar. put it on ur strut tower mate.

I know iam gonna sound stupid asking this, but hey i read quote somewhere on this forum that says' there are no stupid questions just stupid people', so going on that, what is the benefit of an oil catch can? The name of it says it catches oil, is that what it does? I mean for most of us who doesnt have an oil catch can, where does the oil go? Please enlighten me!!!

its to catch oil from entering the inlet of the turbo (air filter side) that comes out of the roket cover when driving hard... which then oil will travel through turbo then out into intercooler pipes and if u have bov, oil will come out through there as well.. and then oil travel into plenium and etc.. also clogs the IC and etc.. to prevent this you:

so then a catch can is placed inbetween the roket cover and turbo intake pipe..

think this is correct..

so cars without a oil catch can has oil running thru their Bov?

only if u get blowby, a blow by is when oil vapours comes out of the breather, and recirculates thru the intake pipes into the turbo then onto the intercooler.

blowby can be cause for a few reasons,mainly worn rings or hard driving.

Also the oil vapours slightly decrease the combustability of your fuel/air intake mixture. Therefore a catch-can should give you a little more power. (That's the theory, but maybe negligable though)

*sigh*

The mounts that I have wont allow me to attach it to my strut bar... I would really like to but I just cant find anywhere to lock it on to at the moment... I believe I'm going to have to get a custom bracket or something made up :S

what about guys with abs like me?

there is no room to mount one!

umm have u tried mounting it on the other side? should be a spot just infront of the brake booster.. next to the overflow bottle..

if you are able to mount it to the brackets that are holding your power steering can in place. dno't know if you will the room though.

B.P

Hahahahahahahaahahaqhaqaaahahahahaha zip ties. Ohh classic. Fully bogan mate

yes yes... i've tried the zip tie idea but it didn't go down well so i scratched it u lil bitch rohan.

UPDATE -

I undid the bolts that hold this in and had a fiddle with it... there is nothing you can do about it if you want to keep the function of your wipers... it must stay and the catch can must go somewhere else.