Sign in to follow this  
WokStar

Need help

Hi girls.. Im meant to be getting married in October :unsure: I am not one of those girls who has always dreamt how their wedding would be so Im having issues with just about everything!! If anyone has any good ideas it would be appreciated anything you have had or seen that stood out??? :wacko:

Hi....I'm a marriage celebrant so if you need any ideas for the ceremony let me know thumbsup.gif

Thanks.. we are thinking of having the ceremony on the beach because we are pretty laid back ppl. is this a good idea? or am I asking for trouble.. How much do you charge as a celebrant?

Thanks.. we are thinking of having the ceremony on the beach because we are pretty laid back ppl. is this a good idea? or am I asking for trouble.. How much do you charge as a celebrant?

Its a great idea.....only things you need to consider is 1. a wet weather plan and 2. some councils require you to seek an approval to conduct a ceremony in public places.

Celebrant prices will vary......more experienced celebrants will charge up to $1000, the average price around is $500-600. This is what I've found through my own research.

My own price depends on how far I have to travel and additional paperwork the couple would like me to do (for e.g. change of name paperwork, etc.).

Each celebrant will charge their own fee how they see fit as there is no organisation that monitors this and if someone suggests an average price it has

been seen as price fixing (as one author of a Marriage Ceremony book was accused of).

Just make sure you ring around and get a few quotes before you lock in one celebrant. Also remember that if one charges slightly more than another it may be because they are in more demand, which is common.

To find a list of local celebrants you can check the Attorney Generals website which has a register of all the marriage celebrants in Australia and their contact details.

Hey thanks for all your help, I found one guy who seemed to have a "fixed price"of $400 maybe he is crap lol but im still looking I have just got council approval for the location near Gold Coast and fingers crossed for weather.

Yeah I'm Sydney based.

I would but financially it would be better for you to find a local celebrant to save on airfares/travelling costs.

Thats great you found someone....you will know on your first meeting whether you feel comfortable with them. If you need anymore help with ceremony or legal document questions do't hesitate to ask. thumbsup.gif