Sign in to follow this  
stealth-180sx

CHANGING MY REGO OVER!

Hey Guys, In about a week i'm making to long trip from the N.T to melbourne (sunbury to be exact) i was wondering if it was worth me trucking my 180 down or selling it up here an buying something the same already with vic rego? because i'm coming from interstate will i have to go over pits or anything or have emissions tests?

my 180 isnt that modified and i will try to put back to stock as much as possible before i go for rego.

and while i'm here is anyone from the sunbury area as i know absolutely noone. would be good in get to know some of the local guys.

bring it down il buy it from ya ;)

Sunbury, damm.. Do they have the internet? I think they still run on Prime 9.

have a look on the vicroads website.

all you have to do is get a roadworthy certificate in victoria and pay for a year's rego in victoria.

it's better that you keep your NT rego until it expires coz if you cancel it you don't get a full pro-rata refund coz there's probably some fees..

normally vicroads won't check your car and you don't have to go for an emissions test.

They have a list of cars that need to come in for a check prior to registering, not sure about a 180 but I doubt that would be on the list.

As long as you have rego usually you just book an appointment to come in trade plates, pay transfer & rego fees, show proof of ownership and your away.

If it has to be inspected they are usually just done to confirm VIN & engine numbers.

hey my bf is from Sunbury - pm me when you down and ill introduce to some boys here

and yes antonio we they do have the net!!!

I bought my car from NSW and drove it down here.. As long as its got rego, you just need a roadworthy - unless the rwc doesn't match the system.