Sign in to follow this  
namsdrawkcaB

General chit chat thread!

I went to Italian motorcycles a few weeks back and they had a red framed Carbon and an all black AMG.. love them in person. They get good reviews too - I wouldn't mind this as an upgrade bike.. not sure if the missus would appreciate how close the pillion seat is to that huge rear tyre though.

i love them.

replacing that rear tire scares me though

that isn't too bad at all. im paying 500 for a set at the moment, probably be around the same

that's not to bad. don't they run a specially designed tire to keep the handling in check?

Pirelli made a special size run for the Diavel.. the Diablo Rosso II 240/45-17

"Diablo Rosso II is Pirelli Moto’s newest radial tyre for all supersport riding conditions, even the wet, taking on certain WSBK technologies as well as the concept of Personalisable sidewalls. Due to particular needs of the motorcycle, Ducati and Pirelli concluded that a range extension of the Diablo Rosso, fitted to the Ducati Monster, was not as practical as working towards a new product to address the particular handling dynamics, power and speed of the Diavel in the dry and even more so under wet conditions. Thus a project was born to develop both a new tyre model that is also available as the first supersport solution in this tyre width and dimension.

The Diablo Rosso II is the ideal tyre choice for the Diavel with a WSBK developed Bi-compound tread and EPT (Enhanced Patch Technology) matched to Pirelli’s patented 0° steel belt structure. The newly sized 240/45ZR17 Diablo Rosso II rear tyre features a Bi-Compound tread for maximum grip at full lean and long lasting performance on road; the Grip compound covering a slick-like shoulder area of the tread (12.5% on either side) and a second compound in the central zone (75%) evolved from the Diablo Rosso. Both have undergone extensive testing with Ducati Traction Control for fast warm-up capabilities, high traction under straight acceleration and confident grip at all lean angles to suit the many different riding styles of the Diavel. The new profile comes from ICS (Ideal Contour Shaping) design, adopting a new “45″ section height on a 240 mm wide, 17″ dimension rear tyre matched to a 120/70ZR17 front for both a stability under hard acceleration and ease of lean-in while cornering. Pirelli’s patented 0° degree steel belt beneath the tread optimizes tyre shapes and elasticity for progressive feedback at lean, optimal bump absorption. Together with these new compounds and structural elements, a maximum braking stability is able to compliment the Diavel’s precise ABS braking system."

Edited by _mR_180_

Diavel is a confusing bike

I had myself convinced that the Aprilia V4R Tuono was the next on my list, then on a fat&lazy day I took a Diavel for a spin and really enjoyed it!

It is a super relaxing bike to ride; effortless power delivery an upright seating etc. I think I could learn to love it, but the Aprilia just plain scared the shit out of me - kind of what I want out of a bike!

Cliffs: ride the V4 Tuono, it will blow your mind.

i'm really tempted by the diavel. seriously considering it because it'd be so much easier to live with day to day. the tuono hadn't even crossed my mind before you mentioned it, might have a look at that too

Literally a stripped down RSV4 with taller bars and re-mapped torque curve; no loss of power...!

so it looks like BMW are working on a naked version of the S1000RR.. hopefully they keep the engine the same in terms of power output.

Any thoughts on why manufacturers insist on de-tuning their super sports bike engines that go into the equivalent naked bikes?

so it looks like BMW are working on a naked version of the S1000RR.. hopefully they keep the engine the same in terms of power output.

Any thoughts on why manufacturers insist on de-tuning their super sports bike engines that go into the equivalent naked bikes?

provided they go the smart way and knock a bit off the top but increase low/mid range it's all good. as i naked bike it's less likely to see the track overall, so the extra mid range is great for the street. but if it's a 1000cc how much mid range to do you need lol

Bike forum has been pretty quiet, I havent been posting much either . I also haven't ridden since jan/feb, but putting rego on my bike today and order some new tyres etc.

Should be good. :)

I dont have chicken strips....see the chicken strip thread :P

chickenstrips1.jpg

The tyres I have now are f**ked. I'll post more pics in a couple of weeks

Ha! i was just about to Bump this up :lol:

Got out today with a few mates, fantastic day for it, Done the run to Lobie. Started spitting near home but didn't get too wet. Bring on the decent weather!!

Oh and i got HUGE chicken strips... :lol:

Edited by Softy

Good work , f**king love lobie road .

Gus is prob to old and broken to even throw his leg over a bike anyway :lol:

Pretty slow and rusty today. only my 4 time in the hills since i got my L's again, Just going to take a few outtings to get feeling back.

All good. Least you were in the hills today !

I just went for a quick squirt then, not in the hills, but bike felt really good (except for my shit tyres)

Good to see you got inspired.. :lol:

We will have to organise a ride on here soon.

Finally gave the bike it's first clean since i got it in March.... :lol:

All shiny again! Next is to buy some chain lube.

561873_10151043166670373_365335726_n.jpg

486923_10151043167215373_333844668_n.jpg

Lookin good ! Bel Ray chain lube is the only way to fly !

I went for a quick squirt again today......absolutely itching to get in the hills.

Been thinking about getting Bel-Ray but it's been atleast 10 years since i brought any so wasn't sure if there was anything better on the market.

Forecast for Sunday is 25c.... I'll def be spending the day on the bike!

Same as every year when it starts to warm up....the squids were out in full force today ! many squids riding around in singlets , no gloves etc .

Yeah i saw a heap of them last week. People on scooters wearing sfa and only thongs scares me.