Sign in to follow this  
Mandi

Headsets for gaming

Hey guys, first of all this may have been discussed at a previous time so sorry if it has.

Just wondering what options there are out there for gaming headsets for like wow etc and are there any nice looking ones.

My lappy doesnt really project my voice very well so I thought it would be good to actually invest in a proper headset/mic.

Cheers, Mandi XD

It depends on your budget and how good you want the quality to be. I've always been a fan of the low-mid range Sennheiser sets, which are available pretty much anywhere. I have a headset that cost about $80 2 years ago, and it's pretty good. The mic's clear and the headphone part works well for music and stuff. It's good sound quality for the price.

Or you can step it up and get a USB headset with better sound quality for a bit more.

Check out Principal Computers on Cimitiere St in Lonny. I used to work for the Hobart store a while back and I know they used to have a pretty decent range at good prices.

I bought the sony ones, worked great!

Same. Play-Asia sell them for a good price.

I play games a fair bit, if you want very good sound and extreme comfort, I recommend Steel Series headphones :)

If you don't have a decent sound card, get these, they come with a USB sound card which is very good.

5H v2 USB

or, if you do have a decent sound card

5H V2

I shit you not, you can have these on your head for 10 hours and seriously the comfort is awesome, doesn't even feel like your wearing headphones :)

Nobbles is on the ball for computer gaming you cant look past steelseries they are used by most professional gamers worldwide and would be perfect. Failing that you can also check out razer who also make decent gear depending on your budget i personally use a plantronics gamecom 367 was around $60 which is about what i wanted to spend because i go through them quickly.

http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/audio - have a look at the siberia series the v2 is an awsome piece

http://www.tegsgamer.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=11 - have a look at his razer gear

http://www.megaware.com.au/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=gamecom

only diff between the 367 and 377 is closed or open ear design.

Also checkout brands like turtlebeach, zalman, zowie (tegsgamer also has them).

Great stuff, thanks for the info guys :) I will be sure to have a look and see what will suit me!