Sign in to follow this  
Pervy

COD 7 announced

British website CVG has published a leak from a 'senior UK trade source' regarding the next major Call of Duty title.

If this anonymous tip and accompanying rumours are true, then CoD 7 will be developed by Treyarch, will be set in the Vietnam War, and will hit store shelves in November this year.

"It's going to be November again - just as with World At War and Modern Warfare 2.

"Activision believes that it can own Christmas 2010, just as it has in the last two years.

"Development is on course - and Treyarch have been told the game must be ready to hit shelves before the gifting season."

Treyarch impressed punters and critics alike with 2008's CoD: World at War, which included a mode that let you mow down zombie Nazis. Could zombie commies be on the cards for CoD 7? We can only hope...

http://games.on.net/article/7799/Call_of_Duty_7_details_leaked_Vietnam_shooter_due_in_November

over cod, although i never really got into it, it all feels like im playing the same game as all the other cods

There will be map packs for MW2 soon.

over cod, although i never really got into it, it all feels like im playing the same game as all the other cods

Yeah, its good, but only having like 15 maps gets boring as f**k quickly.

Make it 3 teams, or something to spice it up a bit.

The best would be a defensive mode online, where 1 team doesnt respawn, and the other team gets infinite and comes in waves or something

lol no. camping is bad enough already, that would just massively promote it!

was it Treyarch that did World at War? If so, I won't be buying it. WaW was waaay below par, both single and multi player

was it Treyarch that did World at War? If so, I won't be buying it. WaW was waaay below par, both single and multi player

Yeah they did World At War.

I can't stand olden day war games so I won't touch it.

love MW2 though.

I cant wait too be honest been waiting for a vietnam era game, and i sure wouldnt call vietnam olden.

hopefully they do it justice, I have had to deal with vietcong 1 and 2 and battlefield veitnam to keep my vietnam war fix intact.

hmm this is interesting....

Infinity Ward is not creating Modern Warfare 3, according to a VG247 source, and is instead working on something "completely new".

The details come from US recruitment channels.

Infinity Ward has this far avoided the issue of its work after Modern Warfare 2, saying no decision had been made on further projects in the run up to the shooter's launch last November.

"Right now we don't have a clue what our next game is going to be, and we won't know what it will be until we finish with Modern Warfare 2, which won't be for a while," studio frontman Rob Bowling told IGN UK last October.

MW2 DLC packs are scheduled to release this "spring" as a timed 360 exclusive.

It's unclear where the third game will be made if IW really has gone AWOL from the series.

We were told by one dev source that a Canadian studio was handling it, but another pointed to newly-formed Sledgehammer Games, headed by ex-Visceral bosses Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey.

Sledgehammer, based in the Bay Area, is currently recruiting for a multiplayer designer with "five years experience working on current AAA multiplayer shooters for current consoles and PC."

The identity of Sledgehammer's first project is yet to be announced.

Activision's only Canadian developer is Vancouver-based Radical Entertainment, the studio behind last year's free-roaming adventure, Prototype.

Rumour surrounding the Call of Duty franchise in general is escalating. A report yesterday claimed that Treyarch is currently putting together a story-focused, Vietnam-based episode in the series for release later this year.

Activision had not returned calls at the time of writing.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/07/source-infinity-ward-not-developing-modern-warfare-3/

I'd take that with a pinch of salt though.

wtf xbox exclusive dlc wtf is wrong with developers first gta gets exclusive rights now COD?

where is the brand loyalty PS has been supporting these games since way before xbox was even being planned

wtf xbox exclusive dlc wtf is wrong with developers first gta gets exclusive rights now COD?

where is the brand loyalty PS has been supporting these games since way before xbox was even being planned

Money talks.

Microsoft throw money at the developers first and that's how it happens.

not to mention sony are pricks, yeah lets just deny a whole segment of gamers a game for 6 months in 2 regions of the world becuase we can. (ghostbusters)

am i the only one seeing a picture from tropic thunder used for a cod7 game? :S

like fake site or just downers stealing pictures hah

pretty sure thats ben stiller

hopefully they do it justice, I have had to deal with vietcong 1 and 2 and battlefield veitnam to keep my vietnam war fix intact.

yea exactly thats why im keen i remember having a shitty comp trying to run battlefield vietnam i got free with my pizza :lol:

I'm so over playing the WW2 genre. Don't think ill be interested playing this Vietnam one either...I only liked Battlefield vietnam for its radio commands lol..

only reason i really got the BFV was for the radio stations so that i could have ride of the valkeries playing as i flew a huey in low to unload troops

am i the only one seeing a picture from tropic thunder used for a cod7 game? :S

like fake site or just downers stealing pictures hah

pretty sure thats ben stiller

Nah it's the Internode Games site. Definitely legit. They just use random pictures sometimes.

CoD 7 will be developed by Treyarch

FAIL

Treyarch impressed punters and critics alike with 2008's CoD: World at War

FARKING LOL

Treyarch impressed punters and critics alike with 2008's CoD: World at War

FARKING LOL

They're joking right, i think it was a waste of money, and unfortunately PS3 games dont sell for much when they are second hand <_ ill probably rent cod7 when it comes out just to try out.>

Slighty off topic but pervy is your PSN kris_s14?

I'm loven MW2...world at war was ...ok but MW2 is way better...infact MW1 was better than world at war..but then again, overall I love the whole series.

If the creators of prototype have somthing to do with the new MW3 they better not fook it with a kooky storyline like prototype..tis a cool game but..I like flying and stabbing stuff.

Slighty off topic but pervy is your PSN kris_s14?

Yeah that's me. You added me last night :P

pc was before that even....

ohhh pyro treading on sacred ground there, sony fanboys hate to be reminded (or in the case of hte ones too young to know) that their Playstation exclusive series started on a beige box

at least treyarch understand the value that a REGION FILTER has for multiplayer gaming.

seriously, biggest oversight of MW2 is no locale only searching.

When?

Are they here yet?

Are they ready?

When?

When?

Are they here yet?

Are they ready?

When?

Nah no news yet.

There was a leaked youtube video on Monday of the new maps.

Turned out to be fake and Activision had the video removed from YouTube.

Hopefully they release something in a few months.

Some people are saying we will see a few maps from COD4. IW have already said that's not going to happen.

It's all speculation at the moment though.