Sign in to follow this  
CLOAKY

Chase car footage......Recent Practice / Fun Day

The Labella Chase Car provided it's services at the recent Drift Practice/Fun Day at Baskerville Raceway. What a great turn out it was,

as 29 entries was a true statement of the interest in this extreme sport of ours !! What was really fantastic, was the amount of new

or what we call non-series drivers !!! Idea is for drivers to get off the streets and cut sick in a semi controlled environment !! These are C.A.M.S

These are C.A.M.S sanctioned Events and have the appropriate officials attending !!

******* Cloaky in the Labella Car decided it was a good idea to get footage for these relatively inexperienced drivers, so they can

improve there driving skills from viewing some of their exploits !! Also good ( or maybe not ) for the Ego !!! )

********* Revolution Racegear is currently editing the footage, and thou this is a lesser quality camera than Hutch uses for Series Rounds,

the footage certainly shows some close up and personell action !!! Hamish is keen to assist and get involved in Drifting next year ,and is

making : >>>>>>>> DISCS available of all on track footage as at Monday 21st, from Revolution Racegear 17 Yardley street North Hobart.

**** :Angel: Compliments of Cloaky @ Labella & Hamish @ Revolution Racegear :thumb:

Yeh ideal..

seeing footage of ourselves will help a great deal.... lines, car setup etc..

cheers

Thanks for going out of your way to do this Cloaky and Hamish! Will be geting a copy on mon :yes:

If any launie guys that were there want a copy i could probably mail a few up?

Nice work Cloaky, i didnt get a chance to come over on saturday and say thanks for Chase Cammin us, the first time you chased me i was a little put off with the sound off your beast screamin up my ass and my run was hopeless, i went a bit better on the second run i think, but anyway it was awesome to get some expierience of someone following closely.

Seeya soon Hamish

Aaron Sacco

Next year we plan to have two Labella Chase cars, and this will enable us to get more footage, which in turn will ensure

we get all drivers covered !! Practice day just gone, i kept going arround most of the day ( full tank of juice ) and tagged onto

drivers who were next lined up to go !!! This did not ensure all drivers were covered and appologies to those who missed out !!!

It was a pretty wild day ,as it felt as if there was a 50/50 ratio of cars either going off or spinning !!! Great fun :yes:

Thanks for going out of your way to do this Cloaky and Hamish! Will be geting a copy on mon :yes:

Yuss please :D

This is a great idea, getting another perspective other than the drivers seat will be great to see where you need to be on the track etc. :D

Yuss please :D

me to pleaseeeeeee

who do we PM? cloaky? yourself ben?

this is just a thought but maybe a few beginners dont like a car right up there ass as itll pressure them a bit and might drive harder ect causing them to have a crash or not want to have a go ect.... might be an idea to ask who wants to be followed...

this is just a thought but maybe a few beginners dont like a car right up there ass as itll pressure them a bit and might drive harder ect causing them to have a crash or not want to have a go ect.... might be an idea to ask who wants to be followed...

*****GOOD POINT.....as next time i will ask each driver if they have an objection to it, as it can be off putting to certain

drivers with limited track experience !!!!!!

i posted u and mandi a copy this arvo

Thats awesome :) Thanks so much! I owe ya a drink! XD

*****GOOD POINT.....as next time i will ask each driver if they have an objection to it, as it can be off putting to certain

meh, doesn't bother me...i love the pressure, as i push harder when im doing a tandem with another car or being followed by the chase car! gives me something aim towards, but this is just me :)

tend not to push as hard in single car runs as their too boring haha

meh, doesn't bother me...i love the pressure, as i push harder when im doing a tandem with another car or being followed by the chase car! gives me something aim towards, but this is just me :)

tend not to push as hard in single car runs as their too boring haha

i agree i think you have to not be so worried about smashing your car into the wall and be more worried about how your run is going haha.

is it too late to get a copy of the footage?

Edited by Renfen

i agree i think you have to not be so worried about smashing your car into the wall and be more worried about how your run is going haha.

I think you shouldnt be worried about anything, its about having a shit load of fun and learning some skills.

I think you shouldnt be worried about anything, its about having a shit load of fun and learning some skills.

hell yeah

meh i think its good.. might be scarey at first but it gives them experiance with a car very close, without the risk of hitting or being hit by another car,

and brendo if they are pressured by a camera car how would they be in a battle situation ?

I don't think any person who's having their first go on track is even slightly concerned with how well they're going to go when pressured in a battle. They might wish to actually learn first without a car right on their bumper.

For the rest of us, as much of a novelty as it can be, getting gated down the back straight by said chase car exceeding the specified 80km/h limit becomes tiresome quickly, and sets a bad example to the new people.

Getting chased (in a battle situation) is one thing i dont want when learning to skid, but following is a totally different story. Cant get enough.

Chase car is a brilliant idea, and well done to Mick for donating has time and his boost.

I dont see mick wizzing past as a problem, cant be helped really. And there is a reason he is the chase car doing what he does in the first place - he knows what he's doing. I dont see it as a poor reflection to others, unless they too think their chase cars . .

I don't think any person who's having their first go on track is even slightly concerned with how well they're going to go when pressured in a battle. They might wish to actually learn first without a car right on their bumper.

For the rest of us, as much of a novelty as it can be, getting gated down the back straight by said chase car exceeding the specified 80km/h limit becomes tiresome quickly, and sets a bad example to the new people.

Firstly , i have permission to gate past you to catch the next battle that i do on my own behalf, and to think you would complain about

such a thing anyway......scare you did we !! Sorry :kiss: Many other issues to worry yourself about, before a trivial thing such as that !!!