Sign in to follow this  
Hi Octane Racing

Yokohama Superlap Presents - World Time Attack Challenge 2010

Wayne suttons car is killer hes driving that thing so damn well too. His lap times look very consistent too!

Will be a whole heap of NSCC cars in the show and shine tomorrow. Come say hello =)

Some pics

tarzans-car.jpg

Tarzan Yamada leaning on a pillar next to his beasty tomei/cusco backed STi

He was heard saying it has no balls but handles well when drunk afew days ago is Sydney =)

sierrasierra1.jpg

The sierra sierra car being worked on after something flew off it down the main straight in one of the practice sessions. This black dude looked like an NFL player and was miles over 6 foot. I was walking around their garage like I was ment to be there and knowone told me off

Not sure if tomorrow will be so relaxed cause there will probably be alot more people. They had this exhaust sucker fan going so they could still work around the exhaust manifold while it was stupid hot.

sierrasierra2.jpg

Got gate? =)

sierrasierra3.jpg

These are the raddest air jacks! Even the guy from the dallas cowboys could easily fit under the car they got it so damn high.

phatmajicr.jpg

Phatness with a capital P. The Japanese driver of this car looked really young! early 20's even.

panspeed.jpg

Tiny Japanese driver of the panspeed car. I wonder if weight was a criteria of the driver selected along with skill? =) They were running around plugging laptops into this every chance they could get.

cyberevogotfitment.jpg

One photo that will make philb proud the fitment on the cyber evo looks the goods. This car must have seriously no travel at all. The head was off the motor yesterday and knowone seemed in a hurry to work on it so it will be interesting to see if its even running tomorrow...

ouch1.jpg

I felt really sorry for this guy he came off on turn 5 and went in really hard alot of the parts on this car will be to damaged to even part out after such a big impact one would think.

ouch.jpg

Closeup =(

Matt Mead has taken some fantastic shots here. Better than the stuff Dino from speedhunters is shooting for sure. Great colour and composition.

I wonder what camera and lens he's using...

Good morning superlapers!

Fastest lap is currently 1:30.889 Set by the CYBER EVO on its first hotlap of the day! woot!

Im so tired, Im trying to setup a live stream for times. Let me know if you guys can see this ---> www.livestream.com/superlapau

these times are LIVE!

edit:my mistake lol

Good morning superlapers!

Fastest lap is currently 1:30.889 Set by the S2 on its first hotlap of the day! woot!

Im so tired, Im trying to setup a live stream for times. Let me know if you guys can see this ---> www.livestream.com/superlapau

these times are LIVE!

Its not working

During the first session at the final day of the World Time Attack Challenge, he brought out the freshly repaired Cyber Evo and completely destroyed all opposition. Tarzan laid down a new outright track record of 1:30;8990

not the Sierra Sierra Evo.

http://speedhunters.com/ will have updates throughout the day.

lol my bad. stream should be working again.. still at luch here till 2pm when the action resumes.

BerryR is currently #6th 1.35:7** however i think the time is wrong for some reason

any1 got any time updates on berry's 34

No idea what it ran, I know it wasn't in top 5, but it sure did a good job of blocking Pan Speed on multiple hot laps.

Cyber Evo

Sierra Sierra

Cusco WRX

Get event!!!

Awesome event, thanks heaps to the organisers! Cars were out of this world! Lol poor Tarzan, would have been pissed when his rear wing came off on the main straight, he looked like he was going to go quicker again. Sucks a bit that the R34 wasnt able to challenge the top 3 though, i wanted to see that thing go mental. Next time i guess..

1:30 something. Cyber Evo.

Full results here:

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?22/05/2010.EAST.S2.Y

I was there today and it was awesome!

Special mention for Silvia drivers should go to:

Wayne Sutton 180SX - 1:40.25 On semi's I was totally blown away with that time, so quick!

Jackie Yick S15 - 1:45.16 On street tyres and an excellent result. Definitely punching above his weight there. If only I could drive like him.

Was an awesome day. That 180sx was dam impressive!!!

When Berry's R34 went 1:35 in the morning it looked like he wasn't giving it everything but he only backed up with a 1:34 in the arvo. Still bloody quick but i was a bit surprised it didnt go quicker.

The carbon lotus was mint!

Wayne suttons car is killer hes driving that thing so damn well too. His lap times look very consistent too!

Will be a whole heap of NSCC cars in the show and shine tomorrow. Come say hello =)

Some pics

ouch1.jpg

I felt really sorry for this guy he came off on turn 5 and went in really hard alot of the parts on this car will be to damaged to even part out after such a big impact one would think.

ouch.jpg

Closeup =(

That was because of the honda car in front who had slow down past turn 9, s15 catchd up to him pretty quick around the corner then had to brake and lost his rythm.

was the R34 just the owner driving it? All the faster cars had pro drivers so thats not a bad effort

yep mark berry was driving the HI Octane Racing R34 GTR, whilst Paul Newman was driving the old R32GTR. Tarzan Yamada was driving both the Cyber EVO and Tomei/Cusco WRX..

panspeed rx7 f**king sounded awesome as well as the tomei/cusco wrx coming into the last 3 bends and straight... flames popping!!

This car is the nicest 180 I've ever seen in person.

Pure sex

wanyes180.jpg

wanyes180-1.jpg

wanyes180-2.jpg

wanyes180-3.jpg

wanyes180-4.jpg

wanyes180-5.jpg

^^ I couldn't agree more with you - was drooling at it everytime it passes the main straight

any more pics of the 180 ?

wat diffusser is on that car?

SS1_1428_800.jpg

Bloody awesome event... Its times like these you see your bank balance go back to zero but know its all worth it... Back to the drawing board again to get some more work done... Muahahahah.... :hypo: